“Amazing Location, quiet, clean, friendly, safe, simple, low cost..”
Review of Casa della Corte

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Venice
Casa della Corte
Ranked #320 of 471 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 1, 2010

An amazing location and very quiet place and friendly staff. Stefeno was extremely helpful, I got an email telling me information on how to get there and he even was so nice to help me with my luggage on my way to the port. The place is very clean, and everyone is very helpful. I highly recommend to stay here! The a/c and tv both worked and I got to use the internet for free. Thanks for all the hospitality :)

Elham

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Casa della Corte

Reviewed September 30, 2009

I hade four great days in Venice. Stefano at the B&B was always friendly and helpful. There are four rooms for rent and I had a small single room viewing a courtyard. The room was clean and the courtyard quiet. The two bathrooms looked newly renovated and they were absolutely spotless. You can come and go as you want and I never felt unsafe in Venice.
Since no one lives on the first floor in Venice due to the repeated floodings, you have to carry your luggage to the second or third floor. Nothing for the disabled, but this goes for the whole Venice. Breakfast is served in your room between 8.30 and 10.30 (at your choice), and consists of a couple of crispy biscuits, a croissant, tea/coffee, youghurt and juice. Not overwhelmingly but enough to get the day going. Considerably better than the B&B breakfasts I had on Sardinia where nothing fresh or cold was served. The free wi-fi worked fine all the time.
The hotel is in between San Marco square and Rialto, thus close to everything in the San Marco district. I bought the 7 day vaporetto (waterbus) ticket, but ended up walking most of the time. Bring a good map (ask Stefano) and just wander around. You will always get lost but that doesn't matter. The small jewel photo ops come in narrow off-street locations. I felt like transported back in time, very fascinating. Don't miss the Dorsoduro district with its bars and younger crowd (if that is your cup of tea). Campo San Margherita is obiously one of few places where kids can play, because this was the only place where I saw kids and familys.
Everything is expensive in Venice. I opted for a cheaper standing lunch in one of the many "hole in the wall" Italian snack bars. The only thing I just had to accept to pay up was the gondola ride, but it was worth the money. 80 Euro for a 30 minute ride was the standard price, seemingly set by the City Council. Night time is more expensive. Bring wine, cheese and bread if you want.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 18, 2009

Stay one night on the 16th June 2009 with daughter. A very pleasant experience. Clean shared bathroom, air-cond, breakfast in bed at a very reasonable price! Location was fantastic, about 4 minutes walk from St Mark's Square.

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed October 14, 2008

Good points: liked the location, friendly and professional manager, room was clean and just fine for our needs (stayed in upstairs bedroom) and aircon worked well and quietly. Price in line with fair value for venice. Manager spoke excellent English.

Bad points: absolutely crap breakfasts consisting of stale tasting packaged cheap 'croissants' and that strange dry packaged italian 'toast'. one cup of nice coffee. breakfasts often delayed. given that italy has brilliant pastries for breakfast it is disappointing to receive cheap packaged stuff. so drank the coffee (no opportunity to get a second cup) and brought fresh breakfasts down the road. Other bad point is had to pay cash. And manager doesnt live on Venice island so is not familiar in person with recommendations for places to eat etc- just hands out usual tourist cards.

Overall fair value, would stay again, but would refuse the crap they offer for breakfast. 4/5

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KepinItReal
Reviewed August 14, 2008

This hotel was incredibly hard to find (as with all things in Venice) but once we arrived we were pleasantly surprised at how beautiful it was. The bathroom is completely refurbished with brand new fixtures and absolutely immaculate. The room was gorgeous....absolutely beautiful. Everything was very clean and nice. They brought breakfast to our room in the morning, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall, this was a great place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2007

I would recommend Casa della Corte to anyone wishing to stay in Venice and am fortunate that Daniel at Veniceby.com recommended this bed and breakfast to me. Facilities have been recently renovated and private and shared spaces were clean and spotless. This bed and breakfast was located in a secure, cozy courtyard, but is just minutes from the excitement of Piazza San Marco and Rialto Bridge. I felt very safe here and would particularly recommend this bed and breakfast to other solo and/or female travellers. The proprietor and her staff are extremely warm, friendly, and helpful and go above and beyond to provide guests with a positive experience. Casa della Corte was by far my favorite accommodation during on my two week trip to Europe. If and when I return to Venice, I will definitely stay at Casa della Corte.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Lizbug117
Reviewed May 18, 2007

Casa della Corte B&B is off a quiet courtyard between the Rialto Bridge and St Mark’s Square. There was an ATM and a small canal with gondoliers serenading passengers nearby.

The B&B is on the second floor of an apartment building. Our room was really small, but clean with a small TV but no phone. There was just enough room to walk around the bed and the wardrobe doors didn’t clear the bed. There were 2 shared bathrooms (with hairdryers but no soaps or shampoo) 10 feet down the hall. The fixtures looked new and clean although one of the bathrooms had a strong ammonia smell both days. Staff is only there for check in/out so you’ll be on your own.

The only problem we had was with breakfast. We usually don’t even bother to have breakfast at B&Bs because we’re gone before they serve it but since we slept on the plane the first night and the train the second, we figured we wouldn’t be waking up too early. When we checked in they asked to choose a breakfast time between 8 and 10. We said 8:00. No one even showed up until 8:45. We only had one night in Venice and had to catch a train at 11:23 so we wanted to get going. We waited a few minutes to see if they were bringing something to the room and then I went to the office and told her we needed to check out. To add insult to injury, when I got out my credit card, she called someone and then told us the machine was broken. We had cash but the info on the website said they took a credit card. Then I asked about breakfast and she rushed out a glass of (really good) juice and put a couple of good croissants in a paper bag for us and we hit the road.

We booked it through veniceby.com and the photos looked nothing like our room. We never received the promised email confirmation (although it did show up under their reservations online) and they did not respond to an email I sent a few days prior to our arrival. That made us a little nervous but they were ready for us when we arrived.

Saying all that, for 110EU in Venice, the place was a great deal for a convenient, clean, quiet place to sleep and bathe.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple