Ca' Furlan
$289
$226
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Savoia & Jolanda(Venice)
$373
$175
$807
Londra Palace
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscanal vieweggs cooked to orderhelpful ownersvenetian stylecastello districtbed and breakfastquiet areapastriesminute walkoff the beaten pathmarks squarea wonderful place to staylocation is excellentsan marcoyour luggagebreakfast is servedthe ground floor
Reviewed November 25, 2006

This was the first stop in our trip to Italy and I was VERY pleased with the size and cleanliness of the room and bathroom (though I could never figure out where the fan was in the bathroom!). The staff was incredibly friendly and the woman who helps out at breakfast (and takes care of checkout) doesn't speak much English but makes up for it in enthusiasm. Also note that check in isn't until 4pm unless you tell them in advance exactly what time you arrive.

If you're first time travelers to Venice and taking the water taxi/bus from the airport, make sure you tell them when you get ON that you're going to the ARSENAL stop. If you just hop on, they'll assume you're going all the way to the San Marco stop and your luggage gets buried in with the rest. It's not a long walk back, but it is annoying.

Even with the directions provided, we got lost trying to find the B&B but once we figured it out, realized we were in a great residential location. One way to make sure you're following the hotel directions correctly: you should NEVER have to walk over a canal bridge that has steps. In fact you bear around to the right of a building just before a set of these steps (we missed that part...) :)

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank sumatradc
Reviewed October 26, 2006

A very nice, clean and pretty bed and breakfast. Our room was on a canal and on the ground floor as I had requested because of a slight handicap.

The staff was very friendly. The manager's daughter came and found us because we got lost on our way to the hotel!

We were very happy with the accomodations. There was air conditioning and television too. Not only that, it seems to be one of the least expensive in Venice!

Stayed: September 2006
2  Thank Wmoon
Reviewed July 24, 2006

This is a wonderful suprise tucked into the neighborhoods of Venice. I was thrilled with my beautiful sparkling clean and Ventian styled room. Wonderful winter specials. Lovely staff was so very helpful and friendly throughout my stay and went out of their way to make my stay one I will always remember. The room was large, comfortable and overlooked a charming side canal. The breakfast was lovely, croissants, brotchen, jams, juices, yogurts and freshly made cappacinos. The walk through the actual, non tourist neighborhood was part of the charm. Leaning out my window and watching the lazy traffic on the side canal was another. Whether you arrive by plane, train or bus, the vaporetto will take you the length of the Grand Canal to the Arsenal stop for the hotel, what a welcome to Venice!

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Kedwyn
Reviewed May 30, 2006

Ca' Furlan appears to be brand new. The rich appointments in the room were sparkling and lavish, done in the Venitian style where even the lamp shades match the wall paper and the floor is a cool marble . It was certainly the most elegant looking B&B that we stayed in during our ten day trip. Hotel e-mail directions from the Arsenale vaporetto stop on the #1 line were quite good, and you will not get lost. You can also get off at San Marco Zacceria stop and wind your way around to the right, which is the stop that we used most of the time (after we figured it out), across several bridges. There is a famous tourist site on the street you need called the Scuola di San Giorgio degli Sciavoni, which contains brilliant paintings of St. George by Carpaccio. That is in many guidebooks and should be a helpful locator. We liked the location of the B&B because it is very quiet and convenient, but it is fairly deserted at night, and I would think twice about staying here if I were a single female traveler for that reason. I was with my husband, so it was fine, and the street is well lighted, although some of the streets leading in are not. Check in is only between 4 and 7 PM. Perhaps they make accommodations if you let them know ahead of time. There was never anyone around in the morning except for the pleasant women who set up the breakfast and speak limited English. In fact, that was who we paid when we checked out. So if you need info about the place or anything else, make sure you ask at check-in because basically you are on your own after that. For such gorgeous rooms, the breakfast was somewhat spartan. We had no cold cuts to augment the cereal and rolls. However, if you ask for coffee americana, you will get a lovely big individual pot of it. After looking at the hordes of tourists invading Venice, we were reallyt happy to be a little off the beaten path but with about a seven minute walk to San Marco. I would stay here again.
I want to close with something that we really enjoed doing in Venice. There are two palazzos which hold musical performances at night. The audience is small, you can reach out and touch the performers, and instead of set changes, you walk to a different room in the palazzo. We saw selections from La Traviata, and the voices and for-piece orchestra were just terrific. The Tourist Info at San Marco can help with this. We actually bought out tickets from a costumed girl on the street. My husband was leery, but for E40@ it turned out to be one of our best experiences.

Reviewed January 26, 2006

Fantastic. Lots of character, Lovely rooms, Friendly staff, good location. Highly recomended. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2006