“Good choice”
Review of Alla Corte Rossa

Alla Corte Rossa
Ranked #215 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed October 27, 2010

It was my first time in Venice so I have no other references to compare with. I liked the hotel, and I think I paid a fair value for it. My room was big with a nice view of the canal.

It is not near San Marco - a positive aspect for me – the center of everything in Venice. We took a Vaporeto in the first day and then walked from e to for every other destination. Venice is a happy and live place at night. Walking back to the hotel after a nice dinner was part of the fun!

There were only 2 things that I didn't like about this hotel: My bathroom didn't have a curtain and the hot water lasted for only 5 minutes (lucky my wife who was always the first one to shower - in my turn, water was already cold and the bathroom already soaked). The other, thing: the guy who was at the reception, wasn`t the nicest one. He was not rude, but not helpful as well. The last night we ran into a different person at the reception an older gentle sir, who was very nice and kind.

Bottom line: few problems, but no regrets – once you start looking for hotels in Venice and realize there is nothing under 200 euros that worth it, Alla Corte Rossa is going to be a good choice.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 27, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Alla Corte Rossa for four nights in July 2010. The room was clean, and larger than our similarly priced rooms in Rome and London. The hotel is located within walking distance from the train station. Google maps estimates a 12 minute walk, which sounds about right. A couple of bridges to navigate with your bags, but if you are able to carry your bags, a water taxi from the train station shouldn't be necessary.

The hotel is in a great location. It is a very short walk to a square frequented by the local college students, so lively restaurants and bars are just around the corner, but not close enough to hear from your room. The south side of the island is also a very short walk away, featuring lots of restaurants with spectacular views.

The hotel owner was incredible generous with his time, giving us maps and suggestions for food and things to see. He speaks great English, which was nice, because we spoke very little Italian.

Breakfast is served in your room, and consists of breads, cheeses, coffee, tea, an cappuccino. You fill out your order the day before, including the time, and the next morning you get a knock on the door with breakfast.

At least once a day since we left either my wife or I have said, "we should have never left Venice." Can't wait to go back, and we'll certainly stay at the Alla Corte Rossa.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2010

We had a great weekend in Venice thanks to all the help, advise and guidance from the staff here. They went out of their way to make sure we made the most of our weekend away pointing us in the direction of great restaurants, bars and sights off the beaten track. The hotel is in a great location near the train/bus station, tucked away in a less toursity part of the city, but still with easy access to all the sights.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2010

We stayed at the Alla Corta Rossa during our first trip to Venice. The hotel itself is ideally situated--it is near the train station, and within walking distance of most major sites. The room was on the small side, but it had a canal view. It was also quite clean, and the room was nicely decorated.
The owner (I assume) is a wonderful man who really made our stay enjoyable. He is extremely knowledgable about Venice and shares his knowledge generously. (He also speaks english--a huge plus!). He gave up maps, directions, and history lessons on demand. He also serves breakfast in the rooms, which we really enjoyed. In addition there was tray of snacks in the room that was replenished daily.
My only complaints are: the hot water heater wasn't great--I kept running out of hot water (although this may be a problem of Venice as a whole, not just the hotel), and I wish there had been wifi available. Overall, I highly recommend the hotel for its location, service and cleanliness.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Stayed here for a couple nights in May 2010. The hotel is just a random door down a random alley in Venice, about 10 minutes from Piazalle Roma. Bring a map or you'll not find the place.

Nice room, great bathroom, so-so breakfast in the morning.

If I could change one thing, I would have liked for in-house Wi-Fi, or a LAN connection in the room. For $150 a night, you'd think there would be some possibility of Internet access. Also, there was no phone in the room, just a payphone on the staircase.

The front desk staff were very welcoming and helpful. The older nighttime man was more cordial and friendly than the younger daytime man.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2010

I always search for reviews before I finally decide where to stay on my vacations, and that's what I did before choosing Alla Corte Rossa. I wasn't disappointed at all, me and my husband loved this beautiful, cozy hotel! When we arrived we got room 201, very well decorated, modern bathroom and lovely canal view. Everyone was always so kind and helpful to us, giving us a map and invitations to Venice Casino. The breakfast was a bit unusual because it was served in our room. There is no breakfast room, witch I thought it was really strange, but in reality it turn down to be very good. In the room, there was a tray with cookies, jams, croissants, toasts and a paper where we can choose the drinks. The next day, at the chosen hour, they came to our room and gave us a delicious cappuccino, milk, coffee or orange juice, fresh bread, butter and cream cheese.
The room is extremely quiet and clean, the location is fabulous, only a 10 minute walk from the train/vaporetto stop and a 20 minute walk to every hot spot in Venice.
I'm sure you wont be disappointed if you choose to spend your vactions at this lovely hotel!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2009

Not an amazing place (not really a hotel, but ratherr a B&B), but considering the venetian - and Italian - average, this place at least is not unreasonably expensive. Nice and quiet location, far enough from the most touristic routes. Nice rooms, in a non too heavy venetian style, and at least the Double superior, quite big and with a nice view. Lights, specially in the bathroom, are too weak. Breakfast is also quite disappointing. Very friendly the owner (the father), and ready to give a lot of precious advice.
I would say the place is "ok". Nevertheless, I would highly recommend it if you're travelling to Venice. The best value for money you can get!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple