“Fantastic Way to Experience Venice!”
Review of 3749 Ponte Chiodo

3749 Ponte Chiodo
Ranked #27 of 476 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 6, 2013

If you like to start your morning at the communal breakfast table with fellow travelers from around the world sharing stories, plans for the day, expresso, pastries and emails addresses - all with the guidance from Matteo, a native Venetian - then Ponte Chiodo is for you! Location is fantastic, rooms are large and clean with great unobstructed views (unusual for Venice) and the peaceful, private courtyard is the perfect spot for an end of day glass of Pino Gris. Have already recommended Ponte Chiodo to others and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I chose this B&B because of its great reviews everywhere and I was not a single bit disappointed. The owner is really nice and friendly and gives you all kind of advice. Great breakfast in the cosy garden. Next time I'll go to Venice I wont have to search for a place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Ponte chiodo was amazing! Matteo was a great host. When the airlines lost our luggage he took all the info and handled it for us as "we needed to explore the city." Good news....he found it! Said he would have wanted the same help in another country as he gave us. Amazing. Breakfast was great. Unlimited food and cappacinos. Thanks sri lanka! Great location with quiet rooms. Room number 4 was spacious and clean. Thanks ponte chiodo!!

Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Nice and clean rooms. The owner and the personnel are extreamly friendly. the position is quite well placed.
Ask for suggestions on places to visit or restaurants to eat at, and you won't be disappointed.
Nice internal small garden for breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank paolomaz75
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Being very picky with places to stay in, it was difficult to find a good place knowing that everything in Italy is quite old. Even the top rated hotels in Venice wasn't appealing to me. After months of research, I finally decided to book with 3749 Ponte Chiodo. It was the best decision I've made! It was very spacious and very clean, which was of utmost importance to me! We got a room in the 2nd floor (which really was the 3rd floor) which was quite a hike - but the view in our room was fabulous! If you've got a big luggage like we did, book a room in the 0 or 1st floor. The best part about the B&B is that the whole experience felt so personal, thanks to Mattia! He offered to help us plan our route based on the weather and our preferences. He even gave a list of recommended restaurants to try, which was highly appreciated! Just make sure you confirm your time of arrival so you can be sure you'll be able to get your keys when you arrive. Definitely loved the city even more because of such a great place to go home to each day and the warm service of Mattia!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Madz K
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife and I spent 3 nights at Ponte Chiodo.

We were delighted with the personal nature of Mattia and his care everyday for us.

The brilliant part for us who love our authentic food was the dining tips he gave us. Every place we tried was excellent and really helped us get to know the best of the local Venetian food.

If you want a place that helps you get into the real Venice then stay here.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I found this B&B on tripadvisor and we couldn't have been happier. All positive reviews are right on the money. From the moment I booked, I had a great experience. Mattia communicated with me multiple times prior to my stay making me very comfortable that I picked the right place for our first night in Italy. The airline left our luggage behind, but when they delivered it the next day, Mattia's assistant was glad to provide the delivery person with his personal mobile number and meet them at the house for us. Breakfast each day was very nice, the room was very clean and the bathroom was recently updated. The house is close to everything...maybe 10 minutes to the train station, 10 minutes to Rialto bridge, and 15 minutes to San Marco square. I am confident that we picked the best place in Venice for our money. Thank you!

Stayed: March 2013
mattia170, Proprietario at 3749 Ponte Chiodo, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

A very detailed and nice review!
Sincerely thanks , thanks, thanks