Al Palazzetto
$180
$524
$508
  • Room Service
Hotel Savoia & Jolanda(Venice)
$391
$161
$809
Londra Palace
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsstrada novaquiet canald' orogreat locationfreshly baked croissantshelpful ownerminute walkfondamente novesmall fridgecorner roomair conditioningper nightvaparetto stoptrain stationrialto bridgedavidecheese
Reviewed August 7, 2010

My husband and I loved our stay here, we were a little jetlaged when we arrived to Al palazzetto, but we were greeted right away and given keys to our room at 2 in the afternoon. Our room was clean and very well maintained, shower was awesome. Two of the things I really enjoyed was the location, it was quiet for sleeping, and easy to find. the next morning we met our host Davide, who was friendly ,spoke excellent english and was eager to increase our knowledge about Venice and Italy. The breakfast was just the right amount to get us started for a busy day, it consisted of , coffee, juice, meat, cheese, fresh rolls, and yogurt.

I felt safe in this B@B and Davide's home and very welcomed. I also left something valuable in the safe when i stayed there and Davide sent it to my home UPS, without asking money from me up front, I thought this was pretty cool. I will definatley stay here again when I return to Venice.
Ciao from the Freemans!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2009

Very nice bed and breakfast in an excellent location in Venice. Just a short walk away from the Ca D'Oro stop on the waterbus, it was really easy to find and well located to convenient shops, restaurants and about a 10 minute walk from St Mark's Square. David and family were excellent hosts and we truly enjoyed our stay. My partner and I travel a lot but it was the first time for his brother and sister in law and it was a wonderful experience for all. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Valigator_UK
Reviewed July 19, 2009

I brought a group of college students with me during the summer of 2008. I have set up arrangements like this with B&B's in other parts of Italy and was pleased by how quickly and efficiently all the arrangements were made beforehand with the proprietor- Davide. I like the location, not too far from the train station and an easy walk, at least for me. It is close to the Strada Nuova and a group of very good restaurants, shops, cafes, etc. The Cannaregio sestiere is where I always stay.
The photographs in the website exactly reflect the rooms and the location- they are beautiful! Al Palazzetto certainly was like a small palace to me. Davide treated us with courtesy and respect. To those who envisioned a large canal- if that is of utmost importance to you then you should do your research and find on a map exactly where your prospective lodging is. If you want to be on the Grand Canal, then choose a place there. The canal in front of the B&B is the size of an average canal in Venice, not small, not huge. Not an issue. My breakfast was cereal, rolls, yogurt, fruit, juice and coffee- what you expect to get for breakfast at a B&B in Italy. If you go to a place with more than this, that is the exception, not the rule. If I want a huge breakfast at a B&B, I know I'll be getting that when I travel to England again.
I heartily recommend this B&B.The price was very reasonable. Davide has every reason to be very proud of his establishment; it exceeded my expectations and I certainly plan on staying there next year and beyond.

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed June 8, 2009

We were not expecting 5 star accommodations as this is just a B&B and Al Palazzetto met our expectations. It is a quaint and charming B&B styled from a very old Venezian house, but the facilities in our bathroom were newly renovated. The room even had a safety deposit box and a hair drier. The floor in our room was actually slanted, but we felt safe and the slanted floors simply added to the old world charm. Room was clean, somewhat dim, but the rooms aren't for working, it is for relaxing and we found the lighting sufficient. From the outside, it isn't much. The inside transports you to Venice's peak years.

Yes, the ground floor (unoccupied) was under development, but we never really see it except on the way to our room. There was not much of a smell this time as compared to the prior reviews, but up in the rooms and dining room, there is nothing bothersome to the smell at all.

I particularly liked the location. It was not too near from San Marco which is too crowded, yet close enough to a more bearable plaza. If San Marco and the Rialto are your thing, they are within walking distance anyway. Davide (owner? manager?) was very attentive to emails prior to our arrival and made sure to check when we will arrive. He wasn't overly friendly once we met him, but he wasn't rude either. Breakfast was basic, bread, cold cuts, milk, coffee, tea. The bread was quite good.

If you expect a hotel, you might find something lacking (24 hour reception, internet, etc), but if you want something homey, no frills, with good rooms and bathrooms, then Al Palazzeto is worth considering.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fknandrew
Reviewed November 13, 2008

Any positive features of this B&B were overshadowed by the disagreeable sulfurous or rotten-egg odor which permeated the ground level of this building and our room. One of us couldn't sleep well because of it and dreaded having to return to the B&B in the evening.

Breakfast was sufficient for us. The location is good. The proprietor was friendly but tended to be minimally helpful; he rather blew off a request for a local recommendation and even then gave us wrong directions.

The furnishings were sparse but serviceable. It was the darkest room I think we've ever occupied.

We wouldn't return.

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank Travelating
D57G40, Owner at Al Palazzetto, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2008

Dear Sir, reading your advise I have first to apologise for the inconvenient and for the odor. Beleive me I do lieve on the top floor and also for me is a unpleasent odor. The fact is that is a problem due to municipality works and now I have managed to resolve it.
I do also apologise for the problem of light which I did not realize and not have remarks since now, I 'll check personally.
Well again I do apologise and hope on your next time in Venice just to come and visit me during your staiyng and give me the chance to personally excuses myself.
Regards