Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 16, 2017

My husband and I stayed here earlier this week. Venice was our last stop on a 2.5 week trip through Italy where we stayed in five different hotels. Al Palazzetto was our least favorite as we felt it was very overpriced for the room we received.

Pros:
- location is fantastic
- basic breakfast included
- AC in room
- wifi is usable speed

Cons:
- Our room was NOT AT ALL as pictured. See below for photos of the ground floor room we stayed in. Based on other reviews I assume the other rooms are more similar to the photos but be aware that the ground floor room is VERY DIFFERENT (see attached for photos of the ground floor room). This was our main issue with our stay. I think 100 Euros is more appropriate for this room (we paid about 150 per night, not including city tax).
- Though reasonably clean, the bathroom did not have a toilet paper holder and instead the toilet paper was just stacked over the handle on the toilet bowl cleaner on the floor (gross). The shower was very small, which we found was not atypical in Italy, but should be noted as I see how it could be a problem for people larger than us (we are both fairly fit).
- Terrible bed - hard as a rock and could feel each spring in the mattress. My husband could not sleep at all the first night we were there.

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed June 17, 2017

Al Palazzetto is in a lovely old building (I think the owner told me it was 380 years old). In a quiet neighborhood, very close to the Ca' D'oro and the Strada Nova shops. If you need something from the pharmacy or grocery store, it's only steps away.

Our room was beautifully decorated (venetian tapestries, antiques) and for the most part, very comfortable. It was a wonderful refuge from the hot, crowded Venice walkways and vaporetti. In fact, I felt a little guilty for the amount of time I spent in the room instead of exploring Venice. It was just so pretty and peaceful. The bathroom was updated, bright and clean. Everything worked, except for that the shower drain was so slow and we were limited to very short showers before the shower pan overflowed onto the floor.

There was a mini-fridge in the room, which was a great convenience.

We had insufficient air conditioning our first night, but that might have been our own fault for not knowing how to use it. Wifi was weak to non-existent. If you really need wifi, I'd suggest not staying here.

The breakfast was very nice. Fresh croissants.

I had some issues with hospitality and should probably admit that I'm more of a full-service hotel type person. When we arrived, the owner seemed very uninterested in providing a basic orientation. She tossed us a ring with three keys on it and seemed in a rush to return to her living quarters. My family and I wondered if we'd done something to offend her. (The three keys were not labeled so it was a bit of a juggle to get back into our room after wandering around. Also, you get just one set of keys so if you and your travel mates do separate things, you'll need to coordinate. Cell phone reception and wifi in Venice are spotty and there's no "front desk" that can keep the keys for you). I didn't visit the Rialto Market in the early morning, as I had hoped, because I wouldn't have had a way to get back in my room.

The hospitality issue had other impacts for us. When the air conditioning and wifi were insufficient, we didn't feel there was anyone we could approach. Every time I asked a question I felt like I was irritating the owner. They were the coldest people I met during my two week (4 city) visit to Italy.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank norcal3333
Reviewed June 17, 2017

My husband and I booked this lovely B&B directly with the owner having found it through searching the Internet. We loved it's small charm, lovely period features and welcoming host. David provided us with valuable information about the city as it was our first visit to Venice. He even helped out, booking a restaurant for our return after a trip to Slovenia. He kept one of our bags so that we were able to travel light to Slovenia and have everything ready for our return for our final nights stay before heading back home to Scotland. Would thoroughly recommend Al Palazzetto and hope to return in the near future.

Room tip: Ours had a view of the canal from two windows and was perfect.
Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed June 6, 2017

This is a lovely little B&B off a quiet canal in Venice. Our room was larger than expected and very clean. The owner was friendly and helpful and overall pleasant. We were able to check-in early and leave our luggage in our room before we set out for a day of exploring. Our bed was comfy and quiet. The room also had a small seating set up with coffee for the morning and a small fridge for snacks etc. Our bathroom had a shower and a tub with a window opening up for a view of the canal.
The hotel was easy enough to find and a short distance from Palazzo San Marco as well as many ACTV boat stops for easy transport around Venice.
Breakfast in the morning was simple & filling. We had fresh croissants, cheese, meat, fruit and yogurt - typical European breakfast fare.
Overall we had a pleasant stay and will use this B&B again for future trips or when recommending to travelling friends!

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed December 13, 2016

Great location. Nice clean room. 2 mins walk and you are on the main street.
5-10 min walk to most of the Venice attractions.
Good breakfast, especially the freshly baked croissants. Davide was really helpful.

The room could do with a bit more lighting.
Also no lights on the staircase and was a bit tough to find the keyhole in the dark.

Date of stay: December 2016