“Wonderful B&B in a great location”
Review of Al Palazzetto

Al Palazzetto
Ranked #108 of 470 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 5, 2014

My daughter and I enjoyed a great one night stay here in June 2013. I was looking for an affordable accommodation and a good location. Al Palazzetto is about a 5 minute walk from the vaperetto stop and an easy 20 minute walk to St. Mark's Square. The room was clean and comfortable and very large by European standards. Plus our bathroom overlooked the canal! The location is more residential and very quiet for sleeping. The breakfast was very good also. We arrived early in the morning on the night train so our room was not ready yet, but were able to store our luggage and get a map from Davide. Definitely ask for their map-it was the best one we had our whole two week trip. We walked all over Venice and never got lost! Great communication via email to answer questions and help with planning. If I ever return to Venice, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Al Palazzetto

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Was looking for an affordable centrally located B & B and thats exactly what we found. Room was big, quiet and bed was very comfortable. I think the breakfast was very good too. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TXNY
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We enjoyed a great stay at B and B al palazzetto in venice October 2013.Very good central location to vaperetta stop so easy for rolling suitcases.Nice comfortable room, good breakfast and wonderful, helpful customer service. Great value also.Thank you Davide for all your help and great stay. Must mention, very comfy bed. Janice N.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed in a family room with two fríends in October. The room rate was very reasonable. The accommodation is comfortable, quiet, clean and in a great location and part of Venice. The breakfast was plentiful, including great coffee! Davide, the owner, was helpful, including the recommendation of a wonderful Vivialdi concert! We would definitely stay at Al Palazzetto on a return trip to Venice. It really felt like what the website says - "My House Your Home.....in the Centre of Venice".

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My partner and I stayed two nights in late September. The room was nice, the rate reasonable but the owner was nonexistent. In spite of what his website said, he wasn't helpful at all. He said good morning at breakfast, asked if we wanted coffee or tea, and then thank you when we left. I didn't really want a lot of interaction but restaurant recommendations and general directions would have been helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Italyfan2013
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I needed a place to stay in Venice in September with only a few weeks' notice. David was quick to respond to my query and the room rate was reasonable.

We stayed in the ground floor room, which I don't think is as elegant as the rest of the building, but it was comfortable and quiet, and was fine for us. Breakfast was plentiful, with fresh pastries, yogurt, cheese and meat, juice, and coffee or tea.

The neighborhood is wonderful! You're only a block and a half away from the main street, which is packed with people, and that block and a half makes all the difference. After a foray out into the masses of tourists, it felt so good to slip back into Cannaregio. I would definitely stay at Al Palazzetto on a return trip to Venice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Husband and I recently spent 9 nights here. We rented the top floor room which has an outside terrace access. I don't know that they are going to keep renting this room out-Davide and his family also live on the top floor so as his family grows so does the need for that room :)
But it worked great for us while they were on vacation.

Big plus on this place was the convenience to the vaporetto either at the Ca D'oro stop or the Fondamente Nuovo for the vaporetto or the Alilaguna line. It's just one small bridge from the Ca D'oro stop or a bit longer walk and two (?) bridges to the FN access. That stop was convenient to take the vaporetto to Burano and Murano and to take the Alilaguna back to the airport.

The proximity to the Strada Nuovo was nice too for eating and walking and people watching.

If he still rents out the top room it's a great set up to have open air access on the terrace. We sat out practically every night with a bottle of prosecco and some crackers. Soooo peaceful!

Davide was very nice to us and helpful too in suggestions on trains and other things. We really only saw him at breakfast and ran into him one other time. He and the family were gone several of the days we were there. It's possible people expect more like an American b/b style where you get a lot more interaction, but we were very satisfied. You have to realize too that it's not a 5 star hotel where they have c

I would say that breakfast became repetitive considering the number of days we were there, but we had stayed at a Venice hotel before and knew about what to expect from their breakfasts. Probably not that many people stay the length we did either, and it was definitely do able.

We would recommend this place to others and I always think that says more than anything.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple