“Beautiful room !”
Review of Hotel Vecellio

Hotel Vecellio
Ranked #179 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Nice room to begin with, very venetian style, my girlfriend like it very much as it looks really posh ! place was really really convenient. Just right in front of F.Nove water taxi stop !!! no joke. the restaurant below was also very good.

Room was clean, wifi was strong, and oh ! ask for a room with the view of the canal. the windows were really sound proof !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kayster87
There are newer reviews for Hotel Vecellio

Reviewed September 19, 2013

The hotel is very easily reachable by water taxi, and is located in a quieter part of Venice. The room was clean, the free WiFi worked well, and even though the bathroom was a bit of a squeeze, we had everything we needed. Breakfast was as expected, and Matteo was quite helpful.
Our room was a bit noisy during the day, as it is on the street (room no 1), and they couldn't stock the mini-bar with the items they have on their mini-bar list, but all-in-all we were very happy with this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dirk K
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Let me just tell you that my husband just raved about the coffee there. He said it was the best coffee he had tasted in all of Europe! It was a nice, clean, small hotel. We weren't expecting much as it was only a 3 star hotel, so our expectations were low. The location is great, the breakfast was delicious! I don't know why people complain or expect so much for breakfast. I had no complaints whatsoever. And to think we almost skipped the breakfast from reading all those horrible reviews about the breakfast. I thought it was perfect and delicious. The owner is very nice and friendly. My only complaint would be the a/c was not very cooling, but I guess we were also not used to such hot and humid weather either. We never asked to get it fixed as we were never really in the room that long other than to sleep. So other than that it was great. People need to walk in there knowing that this is not the Hilton. Its a cute small immaculate quaint Italian hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights 7/22 and 7/23/13. We booked two rooms. One room included a crib for my 1 yr. old granddaughter. We were all very pleased with the cleanliness and overall appearance of the room. The staff was friendly and helpful. The property was literally steps away from the vaporetto which made it extremely easy to visit the other islands. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This hotel was such a let down. I liked that it was located in a quiet area and near the edge of the city. It was a quick ride to take the water ferry (15 euros each) to the airport when we left. When we arrived from Florence, it only took 5 minutes with a water taxi. We overpaid 60 euros and I recommend you pay less with a water ferry.

We arrived at noon and they already had our room ready and I appreciated that. I had to get a map to find my room, which was located about a block away, which was weird. The room was very old and tiny. The TV was only 13 inches with the satelitte device dangling with rope underneath. It was very pathetic and very poorly done. There is no elevator and we had to carry our luggage up the stairs. We couldn't get the TV to work or the free wi-fi to work. I also realized that we never received a map like we did from the other hotels we stayed at in Rome and Florence. I went back to ask for a map the front desk was very rude about it. He was very little help at all. I asked what the major sites were to visit besides San Marcos Plaza and he said that there were lots of galleries, museums and churchs and that's it. I asked how far away it was and he said that it was a 30 minute walk. It was like pulling teeth to get info and I finally gave up and just left. He didn't even offer any directions on how to get anywhere.

In the evening, I went back to ask how to get the TV to work and there was a very old gentlemen that spoke very little English and said that he couldn't help because he didn't know much about TVs. That was very upsetting. The next morning we had breakfast and it was weak. They only had yogurt, croissant and coffee/tea/juice.

The next day they got the TV working and I never got the wi-fi working. Based on our experience here, I would never come back and don't recommend it at all.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank brnman25
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Very friendly hotel in lovely part of Venice, right on the lagoon. Great location for vaporetta.
Hotel owner very friendly and helpful, made us feel very welcome. 24 hour reception great so you don't have to worry about coming in late. We had a lovely room over looking the lagoon, although it was busy we enjoyed the coming and going of the boats. Lovely friendly local restaurants and bars nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking lagoon
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lilly1617
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and very easy to find, less than 5 minutes walk down the sea front from the water bus stop. Very friendly welcome and a really nice, classically decorated bedroom with lovely exposed wooden beams. Nice views of the lagoon. No lift, but that was not a problem at all. Good bathroom with shower.
Drawbacks, whilst the bed was a double, the mattress was two together. They did not slip apart, but you knew the gap/join was there. Breakfast was the weakest part. Cellophane wrapped croissants with a long shelf life, not the best quality bread rolls and cheap yogurts.
However, ask me if I would stay there again and I would definitely say yes, the drawbacks did not distract from everything else

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple