Hotel Casa Boccassini
$285
$275
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstwo single bedsitalian hotelsthe hotel websitesmall hotelfive minute walkvaporettisupermarketeuro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This was a family vacation to celebrate my 50th birthday. We stayed at this hotel for three nights. We booked two rooms. We found the rooms to be clean. My husband and I had a room by the back garden (very calm and tranquil). The owner, Luca, was very accommodating - it was my son's birthday the day we arrived and my friend from Rome called him and ordered champagne and cake. He went out of his way to order the cake, he picked it up and had the champagne chilled and ready to serve. Luca was always available to answer any questions we had (in particular the times of the water taxis (ACTVs). Hotel is easy to find. Simba, their cat, was very entertaining. I would definitely go back.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pat G
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Venice is old......we know that bu,t so is this place. I am not sure what other people are referring to about sharing a bathroom but we got a room with our own...not bidet however. It is a quick walk from the boats but a bit of a walk to the square and the internet is listed at available however only in the lobby IF they dont shut it down.

I got extrememly sick while staying here and we forfeited our last night as we knew they wouldnt refund our deposit. So, we left. Upon arrival home I have noticed several bite marks on my left arm. I know there was a mosquito in the room because it kept me awake all night but not sure if that is what caused the bites or not.

We didnt HATE it but wouldnt chose to return.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ker68
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This hotel couldn't have been any better for the price. It was hidden away in a beautiful residential area of the city, not far from a waterbus stop. We found Venice quite small and were happy to walk everywhere from this hotel. There is a beautiful courtyard and a HILARIOUS grey cat to entertain you while you are there. Breakfast is basic (breads, great coffee), but nice. The one minor downside is that there is no wifi. The rooms were of average size but comfortable. Ours had a sink en-suite and an immaculate shared bathroom very close by. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank fshipp
Reviewed March 13, 2012

The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. My initial stay had booking issues, and they were very amenable to resolving any issues. I booked a single, shared bathroom room, and I got exactly what I wanted. Each room had a sink, closet, and accessible outlets; but the court yard was the real attraction. Absolutely beautifully situated and maintained, with a hilarious little grey cat that is very friendly and amusing. If you have cat allergies, I would be wary of the morning breakfast, however.

Speaking of breakfast, it includes coffee, juice (grapefruit and cranberry), bread, little cookies, and mini-croissants. It's great for a quick set up for the day, but not so great for the wheat/gluten disinclined. Of course, you're already in trouble if you suffer this from malady and you venture into anywhere in Italy.

The location is convenient, as well. If you take the 4.2 water bus from the terminal, it takes about 30 minutes to get to the stop near Casa Boccassini. There are also signs that direct you to the hotel, but you have to pay attention. This place is essentially a hole in the wall, but that is no means a detraction from the hotel itself. It takes about 20 minutes to walk to St. Mark's square from the hotel (which is still probably faster than the water bus); and the main attraction of Venice is the city itself, as opposed to a single attraction, so you should walk around and explore the city. It's small enough, so you won't become hopelessly lost, anyway.

I do wish that there was a wifi connection, especially considering that they have a public laptop that you can use in the lobby (this implies that it's just a matter of either turning on wifi, or giving out the password to the random D-Link router that showed up). This, however, is not that big of a problem, especially considering that you should really be out exploring.

Room Tip: You can save additional precious euros by sharing a bathroom.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Danny S
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Clean rooms. Friendly staff. Good enough breakfast. Not close to any sites, but close to the ACTV Fondamente stop. Tricky to find at first, when getting off the ACTV stop, look closely at street names as we passed the first turn several times. We weren't amazed with this place, but it was quaint, clean, and suited our stay just fine.

• Stayed: October 2011