All reviews breakfast room overlooking the lagoon san giorgio maggiore grand canal top floor water bus excellent location st marks square small hotel blue line watching the world minute walk large bathroom stayed here for nights marco polo airport the hotel website cold cuts
Reviewed April 11, 2018

To find a hotel like this in a place as busy and crowded as Venice is exceptional. The staff were so hospitable from the first communication on booking to our departure. The rooms are so fitting with Venice - magical and like being on a movie set with the decor matching the past. Yet clean, modern and comfortable. The bathroom was large and added to the stunning level of detail. There was a safe, and security is excellent with the lift even being key operated. The hotel is a prime location, but 10 minutes walk from the main square giving a bit more space. The directions to the hotel via waterbus from the train station and then from the main stop 1 minute away to the airport were perfect. The reception staff were so helpful. Everything in this hotel is geared to be a tribute to music, the name is very fitting. We stayed facing the courtyard - considering you will see Venice waterways all day, this is a better option as then less noise. In fact it was silent when we slept. The bed was extremely comfortable. I would love to give it 6/5 if that was possible. Would love to come back.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing stay. We had two rooms on the 4th floor with incredible views of the water. The rooms have character. They are cousy. One them had skylights and wood everywhere. Staff were friendly, helpful, nice and most importantly very honest. I forget 2000$ cash in the safe and only realized the day after. I called them from florence and they were nice enough to check and hold it for me. Im very happy we found this hotel :)

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2018

We booked a top floor room for five nights. On our arrival the room smelled awful...liked a backed up toilet. The receptionist said it was the Lagoon. We noted that no other palce in or out of the hotel smelled foul. We were moved to a room in the annex for the night. The next morning the room we had booked continued to smell bad and we were told it was because of the air conditioning unit. Later that day we were given a third explanation for the odor...obviously, they either did not know or did not care. We elected to remain in annex for our entire stay.
The room in the Annex was not as spacious as the room we booked. It was on a lower floor, it did not have cooking facilities, and it did not have a balcony, which we were particularly looking forward to using. We asked the manager for a discount since we had booked into a more expensive room (I had made the mistake of paying in full in advance). I pointed out that we were returning guests, having stayed at Tribute several times prior. He said I would have to contact the owner, which I did. The owner considered the matter until we were safely gone, then decided not to comply. Clearly, being a return customer had no impact.
I would not stay at this place if it were free.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Teodoro2008
Reviewed March 4, 2018

Stayed here for 3 nights in the very cold weather last week. It is a small hotel facing the lagoon
The room was comfortable and warm the bathroom immaculate and had a very comfortable bed
It is a small hotel with no bar or frills but amazing value for money and well situated for the airport transport and sightseeing
The staff were excellent- pleasant helpful and well-informed

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lagoon- beautiful views
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

Brilliant place to stay for a break in Venice. You couldn’t ask for a better location. Less than a 10 minutes (stroll along the delights of the Grand Canal) from the madness of St Mark’s Square. We had room 303 which, although narrow, is beautifully presented with a nice bathroom and an amazingly comfortable bed (new we were told).

The star of the show is the view. WOW! I won’t waste time explaining as I’ll do it an injustice. Go on to the hotel website and check out the live webcam. I only left it 8hrs ago and I’m already in withdrawal.

A special mention for Carlo and his very team. Everyone is very friendly, make you feel incredibly welcome and are always on had with advice for food and adventures.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple