“Disappointing”

Ranked #28 of 216 Specialty Lodging in Venice
birmingham AL
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

We saw the photo, and we communicated with the owner ( who is very nice) however, when we got there, it wasn't what we were expecting. The room we got was good size wise, bathroom clean, but the bath tub , or should I say half tub was rather uncomfortable for a shower. The double bed (the one in the photo used on the site and even on trip advisor) is actually 2 beds put together. Not only that, my side's mattress was way too old. I could feel the spings on in my back, and it wasn't even flat anymore, it was uneven in different parts, so whencyou try to sleep after a long day walking around, ....good luck....as for breakfast, it is in the back garden, where 3 small tables barely fit. And if it is raining, I don't know where it would be served. As for what is served, I have to say it was very very basic. ...so to sum it up, it was not worth the 143€ we paid.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ricky_Wakim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Oakland, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2011

The room itself was acceptable. However, it was very difficult to find, and the owner was not there to greet us. The bathroom was unacceptable-very narrow and one had to stand with both feet planted at each end of the tub to avoid slipping. There was no stopper in the tub. The breakfast was practically non existent-two pieces of stale croissants. I would not characterize that as a full breakfast. Barbara and Fred

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Babamae1945
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

We had a wonderful stay!This place is very nice,with a very quiet neighbourhood.I'm keen of clean places,and it's ok.Food for breakfast is tasty,and I really appreciated that B&B's owner she knows Venice perfectly well,and she could help us to find some spots interesting for us (museums or shops as well).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chicagogirl061
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2010

Florence our host is a wonderful lady. She was very helpful and went to great length to share with us the wonderful sights and food of Venice. Her recommendations were spot-on so go on and ask her for some recommendations. Breakfast was simple fare but we enjoyed the company of Florence's husband and there's always a good conversation in the morning with him.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nancythong
Genoa, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2009

now it's run by different people.
I'm anxious to read new reviews about it because i've been there in the past and location is perfect!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Mississauga
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2007

We stayed at the Al Pozzo for 3 nights in Sep 2007 and after we booked Micheal emailed us saying that he would meet us at the San Silvestro waterbus stopped. I called him 2 times from the train and asked me to call back when I get to the stop. On calling him again a women answered and started speaking Italian. So we hung up and called back. He answers and tells us that he isn't at the B&B and that we should get to San Polo; not prepared with a map we asked around and people helped us find our way there. I also needed the use of a fridge to keep the milk and he told me that he doesn't have insurance for guests to use the kitchen. We stayed in the room with the attached wahsroom which had an awefully small shower tub but clean. The towels smelt of moldy vinegar. When I went looking for extra towels I noticed that all the towels and sheets were wet and folded and put away. But then next day we had to move to room opposite the shared washroom and that room was aweful. My husband, daughter and me developed some sort of rash. It was very cold and I had bad allergies in that room. I was not happy with this accomadation at all. There is no heat and it's gets really cold in that room We payed the most for this room and it was the worst place I had stayed during my whole stay in Italy.

• Liked — San polo is called the kids playground; my daughter met tons of kids that she could play with which made it the only thing nice about staying at the Al pozzo
  • Disliked — This accomodation was the worst ever I've had on my whole trip in Italy
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank salsharon
flopozzo, Propriétaire at Residenza Al Pozzo, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
We manage the Bed and Breakfast from 2008, anyway I'm so sorry about your stay in 2007! Now our guests can stamp a small easy map from our website, and even if we are not home we can open the door from a distance.
All the rooms are new now after the big works. The cleaning is made everyday and we use a professional laundry service to wash the sheets and towels! There is no problem with the heating, each room can be regulated by our guests, they can choice te temperature they want.