“Good value and excellent location”
Review of Al Campaniel

Al Campaniel
Ranked #83 of 482 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The B&B is just few steps away from St Toma's stop.
Which means you dont have to carry the luggage up and down onto the bridges.
The room was clean. nothing much to complaint about.
The price is relatively cheap compared to other places i have stayed during my italy trip.
This B&B is a good find and i already recommended it to my fellow friends!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have not actually stayed at this B&B - friends of mine are staying there next week and I had hoped to join them for a couple of days. I made multiple attempts at contacting the B&B and finally heard back from them that they did have availability for the dates I had requested. I sent in my confirmation, admittedly without my credit card number, but with a request that I be allowed to furnish it over the phone. Two days later, I received an email telling me the days I had requested had been reserved by other guests shortly before my reply, but that other dates were available if I had interest. This is most inconvenient, as my family and I have made our travel plans to Italy based on the dates Marco told me were available. I appreciate that rooms get taken, but waiting two days to advise people of that is, in my opinion, inconsiderate and unacceptable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is a great B&B located in a quiet part of Venice. Piazza San Marco is about a ten minute walk away, but there's a water taxi stop located right next to the appartment. This may come in handy if you're not too keen on walking the 15 min from the station. The rooms are clean, very quiet and the host makes a great breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had originally booked a simple double room but Marco mentioned the apartment on the first floor was available for an extra €10/night so I made a last minute switch. The rooms themselves are dated and do smell a little musty, but they're clean and fine for a short stay. It's a 2-minute walk to the vaporetto which is great because the streets aren't well lit after dark and less walking meant less of an opportunity to get lost coming home from dinner. Breakfast was good. You can have cereal or muesli to start before Marco brings you a large bread basket (croissants with jam, melba toast and rolls) with a plate of Swiss cheese. The biggest plus is the value; I was trying to keep to a budget and this was one of the most affordable hotel options in Venice.

Room Tip: The apartment is on the ground floor facing the street so you don't really have a view unless yo...
Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank framboise8
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The location is great, near to everything-train station, vaporetto, bus station, San Marco square and other main attractions. Ghetto is also was like 15 minutes by walking. Although it was a little tricky to find the hotel on our first night in Venice, we had no problems on the following days.The famous chocolatteria Viziovirtu is just across and the hot chocolate in the morning is a must! Marco, the owner was very helpful and kind. Breakfast was good, WI-FI worked and our room and bathroom were very clean. We enjoyed our stay at Al Campaniel and we'll definitely will come again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lena G
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We arrived at the train station late at night and were a bit worried about finding the hotel. Marco (the owner) gave us directions, but Venice is a tricky city. Fortunately, we only got lost about 3 times on our way there. We were able to locate it because I had read about the amazing chocolate shop across the street. Definitely stop by for some hot chocolate. The hotel was comfortable and breakfast was great. Marco was extremely helpful and accommodating. He made reservations for us and checked the tides before we left to make sure that we'd be able to get out of the city (which we did, just barely). The building has wi-fi, but the higher up you go, the weaker the signal. We stayed in the one room on the top floor and did not have internet. Overall, it was a great experience and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vicente P
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We've stayed here twice - once in the triple room and recently in the apartment. It is clean, nicely decorated and run by very helpful Marco. We think the location is perfect - on a quiet lane very near the San Toma stop. We can wander on foot all over San Polo, Dorsoduro, and Santa Croce - wonderful neighborhoods. We have also been able to walk to the Piazzale Roma for the early bus to the airport. The breakfast was nicely served in the dining room and included eggs, cornetti and espresso drinks. The apartment was supplied with bread, butter, jam and coffee to make our own breakfast. The bed in the apartment was very comfortable, and we enjoyed the extra space very much. It is a wonderful budget accomodation!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple