“A nice retreat”

Ranked #371 of 468 Venice B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“A nice retreat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

My sister and I stayed here in March 2011 for 2 nights as part of a "sister trip." After getting on the wrong vaporetto and getting to circle the entire island, we met up with the owner and were sped to the apartment (note, you are renting a suite in an apartment style building). Being 2 young girls, I was initially spooked for several reasons: #1 when we stayed there was almost no information/reviews I could find about the place online, #2 meeting up with the owner and being led down the tiny streets at night was not something I had done before and #3 when I checked the deadbolt on the door it unlocked if you had the keycard to get into the room #4 there is no telephone, television or internet accessibility. I panicked and thought we were going to be taken" (obviously this didn't happen, and I vowed I'd write a review for others out there looking for more information). After eating dinner (I hadn't eaten all day) I calmed down and this little gem now has a place in my heart. I have recommended it to others traveling to Venice. It is off the beaten tourist path, so you are away from the hustle and bustle - and it gives you more opportunities to explore the city.
The suite is equipped with a small kitchen hutch, however there is no stove, oven or microwave. As I mentioned before there is no internet or telephone. No TV (however I do not go on vacation to watch TV so this didn't matter to me) A good portion of the suite is taken up by the bathroom, however the tub is a good size to take a soak in and the suite provides a decently powered blow dryer. Again, it is not a hotel so there is no room service, no concierge, no pool , no fitness room.
As others have mentioned, the mattress was not ideal, however it may have been updated since my stay.
Will stay here next time I visit Venice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
wien
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

Nice apartment in very good location. The kitchen is very well equipped but as they is no supermarket around... Bad point is the mattress, hopefully the owner will do something about it soon since we informed her about it. And a little bit of confusion with heater, tv and keys. Other point is they are actually renovating the building beside the room, so you may expect noise from machine and workers in the morning. Still I can recommend the place, it didn't disturb us much!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank WienNat
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

I wasn't 100% sure on how this apartment would be, but it was a lovely surprise, the apartment was a good size for the two of us. The location was amazing about a 5min walk from The Rialto bridge and 10 min from San Marco square, this apartment was a nice change to a hotel room where we were able to have a bit of space. It is located on the second floor with no lift so be prepared to carry your bags.

The only negative was that there was no shower only a bath, but the bathroom was gorgeous and sitting back relaxing in a bath wasn't that bad of a thing.

I would definently recommend this for a central option with more space then a hotel room. Very Charming in venice...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple