Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo
Hotel Colombina(Venice)
$186
$180
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Savoia & Jolanda(Venice)
$372
$161
$809
Londra Palace
2,774 results
All reviewssan staevaporetto stoprialto bridgecroissantsprivate bridgegrand canalthe main hotelbeautiful courtyardminute walkfresh fruit saladannex buildingtrain stationwater busnarrow alleysmall canalhigh ceilingsquiet neighborhood
A TripAdvisor Member
Oceanside, California
Reviewed June 10, 2006

I can only hope that when I am fortunate to find myself in Venice again, I will be lucky to stay at this hotel again! Seems like from the reviews that the word is definately out and everyone knows about it. I am happy for the wonderful owners Saundro and Walter because they are nice, helpful and much deserving of success, but worried that it may mean booking a room here difficult to come by! The rooms are gorgeous, decorated in gilded, glamorous Venetian style of bold colors, Murano glass chandeliers, fabric walls. We had the red triple superior room for 2 nights and it was huge. After some of the smaller rooms we had stayed in Italy, this felt outright decadent! Our last night was in the green superior double room, also wonderfully decorated, smaller but with a great balcony overlooking a canal. Breakfast as reported has great Cappucino, delicious Croissants with melted marmalade inside, all served in a soothing and lovely courtyard. Literally just steps from S. Stae Vaparetto stop (at the stop, go forward about 50 ft. and take the 1st alley on the left - very narrow alley - about 1/2 way down is a buzzer for the hotel and that lets you in the back way which is very helpful with luggage), a blessing not having to go far for one, to find the hotel, and two, for not having to travel around Venice with your luggage. 5 minute walk to the Rialto bridge and 5 more minutes (unless like me you are doing some serious window shopping) to Piazza San Marco. We had an itinerary that we stuck to more or less for our trip to Italy but when we got to Venice, it was thrown out and we just wandered and did what inspired us. We missed going to Murano and Borano and seeing the Accedemia and I hope to do that when we return but honestly Venice is so magical, you can spend your entire time, as we did, just wandering and not be disappointed. And definately splurge on the gondola ride. All I can say is it is worth every penny.

• Stayed: June 2006
17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 8, 2006

My wife and I recently had the privelege to stay 3 nights late May at the Al Ponte Mocenigo. The hotel is without question as advertised and raved about in all previous reviews. From the time I made my reservation in early Jan 2006 to the time of our arrival I had communicated with them on occassion...and on each and every occassion all issues/questions/concert ticket reservations were handled rapidly and with the utmost professionalism.

The hotel itself is absolutely one of the most charming and well cared for small hotels I have come across. The outside courtyard was my wifes favorite outdoor space on our entire vacation, just a perfect place for breakfast or a glass or two of wine after a long day of sightseeing and before dinner. They have wine, beer and other drinks that they can serve you, but also had nothing against us bringing a bottle we had purchased from a local shop, and provided a couple of glasses for us.

I believe we had room #5 the double superior with the balcony on the canal. The room was great with what looked like 17-20 foot original wood beamed ceiling, large armoire which easily accommadated our belongings, a comfortable double bed with firm mattress and great pillows, small fridge with minibar, and absolutely huge and modern bathroom(and this is taking into consideration both European and American standards). I would also like to add that the room and bathroom were absolutely spotless....by far the best room service out of the 4 hotels we stayed at during our Italian vacation.

Either Walter & Sandro(the owners) were always present during the day time, and were there to answer any questions we might have had. One can tell that they take absolute pride in their business and want to give their guests the ultimate Venetian experience. By the way it was a very easy walk to the main tourist areas of Venice and at the same time very pleasant to get away from the hustle of bustle of those areas in the evening, open up our balcony doors and enjoy the sounds of a side canal in Venice.

Cheers to Walter & Sandro and to the Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo....HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Stayed: May 2006
15  Thank ChiTownSteve
Reviewed May 29, 2006

What a great place to stay in Venice. Just a 7 minute walk to the Rialto bridge, yet far removed from the crowds of tourists throughout Venice. This is a delightful small hotel, almost like a b & b, with a lovely garden, where, in nice weather, you can have breakfast, or relax with a glass of wine after a day of sightseeing. This is an oasis of calm and comfort away from the hustle and bustle of Venice. It is also a short walk (10-15 min) from the St, Lucia train station and a few steps from the vaporetto stop. We walked everywhere during our 5 day stay in Venice. There were a number of lovely restaurants in the area (including a Michelin 1 star). The owners, Valter and Sandro, were particularly helpful in suggesting activities and restaurants. Our room which overlooked the canal, was very comfortable and quiet. I highly recommend Al Ponte Mocenigo and wouldn't hesitate so stay there again.

7  Thank hawa
Reviewed May 24, 2006

Forget the rest. This is the secret gem in Venice, and based on the growing list of raves, the word is out. This is a great small hotel with big, beautiful rooms filled with character and taste, very large, spotless and modern bathrooms, all the amenities of a four star hotel, including mini bar, a courtyard on a canal and two charming hosts to help with anything you need. Right on the St. Stae Vaporetto stop 100 feet away down the main street there is a tiny alley with signs leading you to the hotel. Don't let that entrance bother you. It's the back way, but at least you don't have to drag your suitcases up and over any bridges. We booked into room 9, which is a large red bedroom converted from a kitchen. Beautiful and quiet, with a great bathroom. No view, but we didn't mind at all. Venice is so small, the Rialto Bridge is 5-7 minute walk and St. Marks is 5-7 minutes further, if you don't stop to shop. We loved being away from the hustle and bustle. Buon Viaggio!

• Stayed: May 2006
7  Thank emma123
A TripAdvisor Member
evergreen, colorado
Reviewed May 16, 2006

What a Gem. I will always stay there when I go to Venice. They were complete Gentelmen. A very welcome feel. My teen age son loved this hotel. So easy to get to, and find.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business