“An excellent place!”

Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo
Ranked #13 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The rooms are elegant and more spacious that I expected. The breakfast is outstanding: be sure to try their chocolate, Nutella-filled muffin! And most importantly, Walter is earnest, helpful, and most professional. We couldn't have been more pleased with this place.

2  Thank Paul L
There are newer reviews for Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I can only echo the previous reviews - everyone working there was so helpful and friendly that it creates a warm homely atmosphere. Breakfast in the courtyard to the sound of seagulls was excellent. My room and bathroom (on the first floor of the main hotel) were large and beautiful. The location is perfect - away from the madness of Rialto and San Marco but easy to get to them and everywhere else in Venice - I made extensive use of the vaporetto with a 72 hour card. It is very easy to get to the hotel on the vaporetto and if you use the side exit from the train station and follow the instructions to the back door of the hotel, you can manage your luggage with no steps.

Room Tip: If wifi is important to you, you may want to check that the room has strong reception.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lesl_10
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I along with 3 other couples enjoyed our 3 night stay at this hotel. Sandro and Walter and their staff are all very friendly and helpful. We had called a couple of days in advance to ask if we could arrive a day earlier than our reservation -- Walter and Sandro went out of their way to work it out so that we would not have to switch rooms after the first night. During our stay, we were always asking for restaurant suggestions, directions, etc. They could not have been more helpful.

The rooms are not all in the same building; however, this is Venice...that is to be expected. All the rooms (ours and that of our friends) were a very nice size...actually, two couples had rooms that were quite large and the bathrooms were also a very good size--we like large bathrooms! The breakfast served was more than adequate...a variety of foods which included my favorites: fruit-filled croissants and the best bread rolls ever.

The location of the hotel is very good....a very short walk to the S.Stae vaporetto stop. It is also not far from a wonderful area that we would visit to sit and people watch....Piazza San Giacomo. Sandro and Walter suggested it to us when we wanted to sit and have a drink before going to dinner. It is not filled with tourists (yes, I know we were tourists) -- it is where you see many locals. Tuesday evening we saw tango dancing in the piazza....how wonderful is that!

I would recommend this hotel to my friends and others.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We just returned from our stay in Venice. I booked this hotel based on the Trip Advisor reviews and was not dissapointed. Location was very convenient off the San Stae vaparretto stop and not far from the Rialto bridge yet rmote enough to be nice and calm. Everyone at the hotel was very accomodating and our stay was extremely enjoyable right down to the wonderful breakfast in the courtyard. This hotel is a must stay.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scott K
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a short Venice break and we could not have asked for more! As we were shown to our room I found my wife speechless for the very first time in our 3 year marriage! (We will have to return I thought!) The junior suite was excellent with a bathroom to match. Our small but quaint balcony allowed us to breathe in the Venice air and enjoy the views. The décor, space, bed, towels and room service were all excellent. Every question was answered with a relaxed and helpful response. Breakfast was not only satisfying but beautifully punctuated by the gentle yet excited personality of our maid 'Grace'. Thank you for your lovely singing! We will definitely return! Mr and Mrs T.

1  Thank Roy T
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a little Venice gem. We stayed in the annex and for the extra €5 a night, we had an amazing baby suite...one bedroom, a lounge cum second bedroom and a stunning bathroom.

The room was typically Venetian. Fabric lined walls, exposed beams and period furniture. The bathroon was modern and more than workable.

The breakfast was basic but more than required. The service was always great and timely.

The hotel was easy to find. I recommend the airport bus and then the #1 river bus and as soon as you get off, the hotel is minutes away.

Thank you Sandro and Walter. We will be back...your hotel is a gem.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed here for two wonderful nights in May and couldn't have been happier with our choice. All communication prior to our trip was friendly and professional and they always responded quickly to my e-mails.
When we arrived, we were warmly greeted with cappuccino (the best we had our entire trip, I might add!) while we waited for our room. Despite a very early arrival, our room was ready in precisely the amount of time it took to enjoy our coffees. We were shown to our double room in the Annex building, which was absolutely beautiful and just as shown in the photos. The breakfasts in the dreamy courtyard were also perfect.
This hotel is a bit of a walk to Piazza San Marco but the walk is breathtaking. If you want quiet, photogenic canals away from the crowds, but still accessible to the Grand Canal and Rialto area, then look no further! I fell completely in love with Venice from the moment we arrived and this hotel played a major part in that.