“Excellent”

Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo
Ranked #13 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We booked this hotel because of the reviews on trip advisor and we were not disappointed. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the hotel is very well positioned and our room on the first floor was clean, comfortable and looked great. This hotel is excellent value!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank M W
There are newer reviews for Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed at hotel mocenigo for 3 nights, the location is good but not very easy to find. The breakfast was great, the room is spacious however I was taking my mom with me and it was a long flight of steep stairs to get to the room which wasn't easy for her. I'd also say its a but pricey for its location. Overall great though.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Maysaa M
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Stop - do NOT go anywhere else. this hotel has it all. Romantic, Venetian, great decor and staff. Quiet area - 15 min walk fr train station. two great restaurants nearby. Corner shop a few steps. Breakfast delicious. Gumboots and umbrellas freely available. (We were there during aqua alta). Staff helpful. We stayed in Annex. Quiet rooms. My ideal hotel and I've stayed in a few. I can only concur with everyone else.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank entjohns51
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in January 2006 for the first time. I told to the owners it was a great place and they'll get plenty of customers. I recommended Al Ponte Mocenigo to many friends who have enjoyed and loved the time they spent in this wonderful hotel. I returned just to confirm my first impressions: it is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Venice is a better place to visit if one has the chance to stay in Al Ponte Mocenigo.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms is worth trying.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sonia G
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Just got back from spending three nights at Al Ponte Mocenigo. Again I was struck by how good a value this hotel is. This was my second stay at the hotel. Both times we were in different annex rooms. While the shape and size of the rooms must vary, the two I've stayed in have been great. This time our room was huge and included a little kitchenette (a bonus that wasn't even mentioned on the room listing). Everything seems recently renovated and is a good mix of modern (flatscreen TV, big tub) and old-fashioned (Murano chandeliers, terrazzo, exposed beams, fabric wall covering). In addition to having a large, well heated, lovely looking room, I thought the front desk and breakfast area staff were very friendly and had their acts together. When I checked in they didn't rush over all the details, and made sure to set us up with the wireless information. The breakfast was a bit above that for similar-priced hotels I've stayed at.

If you are used to full blown fancy hotels, there are a few things you won't find here; elevators, American breakfast, pillow-top mattresses, lots of convertible outlets (though our room actually had one in the bathroom for razors). But if you don't expect that stuff, this hotel is comfortable, beautifully decorated, clean, well-staffed, and right by a vaporetto stop. It's not in Saint Mark's, but there's something nice about being in a quieter neighborhood. This hotel remains at the top of my list for affordable Venice hotels. If you see an opening for your dates, don't hesitate!

Room Tip: Both times I've stayed in great annex rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank StudentInBoston
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The management and staff deserve all the accolades and awards they have received as it is without doubt one of the very best hotels we have ever stayed in and fantastic value for money.
We were in room 10 and had a fantastic stay for our anniversary. The Junior Suite room was amazing with loads of room and a fabulous marble bathroom with jacuzzi bath.
The hotel is extremely clean and in a very quiet location but only 5 mins walk from Rialto and 10 mins from St Marks Square.
Breakfast was very good as well with a great fresh fruit and cereal selection and a different, warm, home-made strudel each morning.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mark_Jelley
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

Previous reviews testify to why it is rated no.1 of 400+ hotels in Venice. I add my endorsement after enjoying their hospitality for 3 lovely nights in the hotel annex. Plans to expand are afoot after the building next to the annex was acquired this year. I sincerely hope that service and prices don't suffer due to its popularity. The location is great, an easy stroll to Ponte Riato, walking distance to San Marco and a mere 40m to San Stae vaporetta stop. You will also be offered Wellys if the acqua alta threatens. Terrific service!!!

• Stayed: December 2012