Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
3,131 results
All reviews lovely hotel minute walk quiet location water taxi off the beaten track hotel bar bars and restaurants upgraded to a junior suite eggs and bacon the hustle and bustle croissants real venice glass factory main attractions train station vaporetto stop canal view
Selected filters
Reviewed October 22, 2019 via mobile

I usually don't post any reviews about the places I stay as I trust the public remarks and leave it to my own experience. My experience with this hotel really urged me to write a review to share my feelings. My partner and I both work in the service industry and stayed at lots of different places around the globe.

We checked into this hotel on Saturday afternoon. The female staff was very nice to greet us at the reception. We told the staff that we are only staying for one night as we are travelling to our next destination tomorrow morning. They allocated us room no 305. The room was very nice but the existing temp was 28C' which is quite unbearable without the usage of aircon. We tried to turn the aircon but discovered that management has shut down the aircon and customer service staff need a permission to switch them back on. The request seems like an effort for reception staff to accommodate specially the male staff on duty that day. I was bit surprised that why there is no one present there from the management or had authority to make any decision when weekends are the busiest times for most businesses ! It is quite unacceptable for a 4.5 star hotel.

After a while, we received a message from reception that management has decided to switch the aircon to accommodate guests which was a great news. We went out for a stroll around the city and came back in the evening. The temp was still 28 C' and aircon was not working at all. We called a staff member to assist further but they were only able to offer us a fan, opening a window but unable to accommodate the request for change of room and aircon. Staff member was quite blunt to say that we can't help any further....sorry.

We opened the window after the advise received from staff member. Unfortunately, we were attacked by a big bunch of mosquitos which left us nothing but a very very uncomfortable place to sleep at night and got bitten by them one after another. My partner has red sores all over his back and forehead.

We were both very angry with our experience as we could not sleep well that night and we have a 14 hours flight to get to our next destination. Next morning, we just want to get out of this hotel as we both were itching and just not feeling well. We had breakfast which was nice. We checked out earlier than usual time but no one from the front desk asked about our experience staying at this hotel. They seemed to not care at all and just want us to move on. We both did not feel welcome at this hotel and everything seems to be an effort for the staff.

Overall, I will never ever stay at this hotel. My only suggestion to management is that they need to teach their staff good customer services plus management skills. If it does not work, they need to allocate right staff to manage the front desk to maintain their reputation. Good luck !

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank 992waseemh
Reviewed October 20, 2019 via mobile

A very nice hotel and out of all the tourist area’s which was perfect. Was very difficult for me to write this review.

A beautiful room and location, but overall I was not happy with room 305 which we were placed in. It was getting late in the season and already the latter part of October. The temperature outdoors returned to Venice and it was in the low 22’s after being cooler last week. The room temperature was 27 C when we entered the room. I turned on the air conditioning, but it did not work and this was not acceptable.

I went to the front desk and everyone was very nice. I explained it was very warm in the room and they told me they were sorry, but the air conditioning had been turned off last week and there was nothing they could do about it, other than offer a fan for the room. It appeared it was an effort for them and I was told I would have to speak to the management about this. Apparently there was no management even on the property?? This was unheard of that nobody could make a decision as to what to do? None of the staff apparently can do anything?

We went out to explore the city and upon returning to the room was told they were able to get the air conditioning turned on and the room was now very comfortable. However, when we went into the room it was now 28.6 C and not working at all...just blowing air.

They did bring a fan to the room which was nice, but still too warm and did not serve the purpose and it was the principle!

The service man came to the room and he checked the system and then assisted in opening the window, but this was not acceptable for a 4 star hotel. I asked the polite service man who came to the room to have our room changed. He stated the hotel was completely sold out, but had we requested this when we checked in this could have been possible. However, this was not offered, nor suggested from anyone at the front desk, even though they knew we were not happy since the room was so uncomfortable and very warm. We were only staying the night and we had to deal with the situation.

Needless to say I am not happy about this at all. Rarely do I EVER leave a review like this. When I booked the room through a third party it also stated I would have a balcony room with a canal view, but instead our view looked out to a wall.

To top it all, the mosquitoes were so bad and with the window open they were biting us throughout the night. We had mosquito bites all over our forehead, hands and arms.

The buffet breakfast was also very nice. When I checked out at the front desk not one word was mentioned about how our stay was. Everyone knew about this incident and they didn’t even apologise, but no one was ever rude...just not very accommodating to us!

I am very well travelled and have stayed in many many properties and never had a situation like this go unresolved. I had higher expectations as the reviews are very good. However, I will not be recommending this property to anyone.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank Ron780
Reviewed October 18, 2019 via mobile

We spent 5 days at this lovely hotel celebrating a big anniversary. The staff were attentive and patient with questions and took time giving directions. Our room was great, the bed very comfy, turn down service and a big breakfast with a lot of variety.
I highly recommend the hotel- close to 2 vaporetto stops as well as the first Alilaguna Arancia stop from the airport. The neighborhood is quiet with restaurants and bars nearby but not too close to be disruptive.

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank naxos58
Reviewed October 13, 2019

My husband took me to this hotel (Jet2 city break) for my birthday in August. It was absolutely wonderful from start to finish. The staff were all lovely and extremely welcoming, courteous and helpful; the hotel is beautiful and in an excellent location, very quiet but just a stone’s throw from the hustle bustle and great restaurants across the bridge. The Jewish Ghetto is just down the road and very interesting, and it’s a 5 minute walk from the river taxi to the door of the hotel. Breakfast was excellent (tip: dine inside to avoid the marauding pigeons!), and the cocktails in the bar were top notch.
Very importantly, the bed was so comfortable, huge and the room was immaculately clean. The only things which could have been better: a room with a view instead of looking over a roof to other rooms and a larger bathroom with good ventilation.
We loved Venice and this hotel and will be returning with our daughters as soon as we can. Maybe we’ll be offered an upgrade!

Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank creased
Reviewed October 12, 2019 via mobile

We enjoyed the hotel, our room and the general ambience. The hotel has a small bar that looked nice, but unfortunately the prices were rather high (€10 for a spritz that is €4 round the corner!) but that was somewhat expected in a hotel.
The hotel has a nice looking courtyard area which we didn’t get to use as it was quite chilly first thing in the mornings.
The room was nice but narrow and had high ceilings with an electric window and blind which was helpful.
Upon check in the hotel provides a WhatsApp number to contact reception which I thought was a nice touch. However, this facility came back to bite me!
We noticed from other reviews that guests had requested tea and coffee making facilities and as British people, we like that too! So using the WhatsApp number I requested it and received a polite, prompt response.
The tea and coffee was bought to the room along with a receipt for us to sign which was €6. I was unsure why this was done as I was led to believe tea and coffee was complimentary. There was even a sign delivered with it saying it was complimentary for guests upon request. When checking out we found the €6 charge was a room service fee. So simply by requesting tea and coffee and having someone bring it 100m from reception to our room incurred €6 charge. We felt this was a little underhand especially when the complimentary sign is given with the tea and coffee. Would it have been free if I went to reception to collect it? The offer I felt should have been given by the WhatsApp staff.
Further, when checking in, you are given no option to find your room yourself (even though the property is small) and feel as though you should give the bell boy a tip. Again, this was a mere 100m to walk. These issues let the hotel down for us.
We had no real problems with the room other than not being able to turn off the heated towel rail which made the bathroom a sauna! Also the tea and coffee was never properly replenished and we put this down to having two different maids during our stay.
The check in desk also entices you with promises of recommendations of local restaurants, however this opportunity is used to try to sell you £40 boat cruises and ‘free’ trips to Murano (glass making factory), although thankfully other reviews warned us of this and the pressures to buy glass once you get there. After that and declining, we were given no local area recommendations so this is purely a selling exercise the staff have to adhere to.
Breakfast was nice and continental in style which is typical in Europe. Bacon and egg was included which made a nice change. Some days these were luke warm/looked undercooked and we noticed most people didn’t touch them. Again, these inconsistencies were disappointing for quite an expensive hotel.
A big plus is the location. Very close to Madonna D’orto vaporetto stop direct from the airport (30 mins bost, plus 5 mins walk to hotel, €27 return).
The neighbourhood is also lovely and quiet compared to the tourist hell of San Marco area. Trust me, once you’ve walked round there for some time you’re glad to retreat to the calmness of the Cannareigo/ghetto districts!
A few streets from the hotel are many nice bars and restaurants which are reasonable in price and allow you to soak up the atmosphere with locals which was nice.
Overall we would return but feel the compulsory bell boy and tea and coffee issues should be highlighted or at least giving you an option.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple