2,820 results
All reviews madonna del orto lovely hotel minute walk quiet area water taxi off the beaten track cannaregio area jewish quarter first stop grand canal turn down service the main tourist hotel bar orange line upgraded to a junior suite bars and restaurants hotel is situated
Reviewed July 21, 2018

First location, this is some way away from the main attractions such as St Mark's Square /Doge's Palace. Saying that you can eat at restaurants overlooking the back canals just round the corner cheaper than you would by the Grand Canal.
Had a room on the second floor overlooking the front of the hotel. It was nice to look out over the colourful window boxes in the morning. Room itself was v oldy worldy in the older part of the hotel. Unfortunately the bath/shower was under the eaves so had to crouch to shower and ended up smacking my head. Bathroom needs to be re-laid out. Also there was no aircon in the bathroom so v hot until I propped open the door to the main room with a chair so the cooler air coming from the fan could cool it down a bit. Breakfast was fine, I recommend the apricot croissants. It's about a 5 minute walk to the Alliguna stop where you can pay 15 euros to be taken direct to the airport. Venice is lovely but very hot and humid this time of year and also bring a really good map as it's a maze.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank carolineshepheard
Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

A wonderful hotel! It was the best sleep I had in Italy. I felt like a princess staying in my room, which was purple with gold accents on the walls. The air conditioning was a godsend, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The staff seemed slightly confused that I was traveling alone, and kept asking me if I want a table for two at breakfast, two for the taxi, etc. I did go on the “boat tour” they arranged when I checked in, if you elect to do this bring a map so you can tell what you are seeing as the boat skipper doesn’t tell you. I would absolutely stay here again, especially if I wanted a romantic trip.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank rebeccahacollins
Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

Staff is graciously professional, welcoming and helpful. Accommodations are comfortable and impeccably maintained. Breakfast (included) is bright and cheerful with an attentive staff. The very definition of an old world luxury hotel, charming and timeless. My favorite in Venice!!!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank alwaysaGAgirl
Reviewed July 17, 2018

Firstly, lets get this out the way: the staff at the Hotel are exceptional. Friendly, professional, and always there to help! You are guaranteed to have an amazing stay here! UNLESS you have Celiac disease, then things aren't quite as smooth as i'd been led to believe. I treated my GF to 3 nights at the hotel, who is Celiac. We were twice offered gluten free bread in a packet, that was meant to be cooked in the oven first, not served uncooked in a packet. I assume both times the staff were not fully trained in this area. Then at breakfast, the first morning, the manager would not allow her an omelette to be cooked 'because it was too much risk to them' as they could not guarantee the contamination concerns. She was offered packaged cup cakes and the 'uncooked' gluten free bread in a packet. (which she could not even eat) so the cakes on their own would not have been particularly healthy, or will keep anyone going energy wise! So we ended up having both to miss breakfast at the hotel and ended up walking 45 minutes to find somewhere that would cook us breakfast (omelette) and set us back 30 euros! That evening, we spoke with the bar staff (who by the way are exceptional!), about our unfortunate breakfast experience and they said that they were surprised they could not cook an omelette (because they make LOTS of gluten free meals at the hotel, so why would this be an issue?) - they mentioned that the hotel was particularly short staffed that day, because a person did not come into work - and that the next day we should be able to get an omelette!

So the next morning we asked, and they cooked my GF an omelette with some ham- and then subsequently charged us 8 euros for it! We felt this, given the circumstances could have been a nice 'touch' and 'gesture of good will' to make my GF a simple omelette with a few eggs and not be charged!

The main reason I picked the hotel, was due to them offering Gluten free options on the menu, and also the reviews on here mention that people were served egg and bacon! yet, day one, we were refused and day 2 and 3, we had to pay 8 euros a day for her omelette. Again, not a fortune, but we feel this let down our experience. I recommend firstly, that all staff are trained properly, to know how to serve gluten free bread in a packet (need to be oven cooked first) and secondly, they should offer extended breakfast options for CELIACS, further than a few packaged cup cakes, which when you've spend a considerable amount of money to stay with breakfast would be a very nice addition! - Lets face it, NO ONE, likes to just have a plate of CUP CAKES every day for breakfast!

If you are not CELIAC, I would give this hotel 5 stars! - and if they make these breakfast options available to Celiac (OR gluten intolerant people) and not charge extra, they would get an extra star ! (its not much money to them for a few eggs!) certainly no where near 8 euros!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Howard D
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

The Ai Mori D’Oriente is beautiful and offers outstanding service.

The rooms and the common areas are impressive.

I recommend you purchase a daily water bus pass as the San Marcuola stop is unmanned. It is easy to scan the daily pass.

With the small cheat sheet from guest services at the hotel, it is an easy, 5-minute walk from the water bus stop to the hotel.

Breakfast is amazing.

A free shuttle us available from the hotel to Murano Island where you can visit the world famous Murano Glass Works and see them create amazing glass figures.

We have no regrets that I arranged to stay at the Mori Hotel.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple