Alloggi Barbaria
  • Pool
Albergo Marin(Venice)(Great Value!)
$311
  • Breakfast included
Boscolo Venezia, Autograph Collection(Venice)(Great Value!)
$370
$816
$790
Travelocity
Hotel Dona Palace(Venice)
$363
getaroom.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvaporetto stopyogurtb bmini fridgeminute walkwater busplaces to eat nearbycoop supermarketprior to arrivalrialto bridgeroom was clean and comfortablesan marcohotel is locatednarrow alleybed and breakfasttrain stationstay in venice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I was torn when choosing a place in Venice. I did not end up choosing wisely. It was a very convenient location to get on and off the the water taxi's but once we walked down the dirty dark alley and entered the cold sterile environment we were greatly disappointed. The greeter girl was very pleasant. Basically your walking into the dining area and right there also is the check in counter and rooms. The rooms are VERY VERY small. While the bathroom was clean the floors were very dusty and the walls were banged up. Could use a fresh coat of paint. It did not seem to me the bed coverings were clean, grossed me out pretty bad. I was glad we were only staying 1 night. The worse part was the breakfast. Absolutely HORRIBLE!!! The coffee was instant! AND I swear it was made from hot tap water not boiling water. Also was served was a stale roll along with butter and jam. DIdnt even touch it. We got up, checked out and was SOOOO happy to leave. It was cheap, you get what you pay for I guess.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank seattlefunfun
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I found this hotel on both trip advisor and Frommer's. This was our first trip to Italy and Venice was our first stop. Candidly, I didn't really have a good context when I booked it but it seemed like it was a great find. Finding it was the hard part! We received bad information at the Venice airport on what water shuttle to take and wound up getting off on the opposite side of the island. We then had trouble getting our bearings. If it wasn't for two kind painters on the street, we still might be trying to find the hotel since no one knew about it.

Once we found the hotel, we got settled in. It's basically more of a rooming house or bed and breakfast rather than a hotel since there's only about six rooms. However, the room was relatively clean and comfortable. The bathroom was fine but the shower was very small. There is no elevator so you will need to carry your luggage up the stairs. The breakfast in the morning was ok - basically yogurt and rolls. My wife wasn't happy with the coffee - she thought it was instant.

If you are on a budget or want something out of the way, then you'll be ok here. Just make sure you get off at the Ospendale stop for the water shuttle. If you have a few more bucks

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Woodstock1968
Reviewed October 30, 2011

My husband and I traveled to Venice for our first time in early October and we had a delightful stay here. The location made us feel as though we were in the real Venice, not in a touristy area. But it was less than 15 minute walk to St. Mark's. We could walk everywhere throughout Venice and the hotel is easy to find from the vaporetto from the train station. Near the hotel is the Campo Giovanni e Paolo which has many small cafes where we could people watch. Our hosts were exceedingly friendly and the breakfast was fine. The room was immaculate. I had asked for a quiet room and had not problem with noise.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kate r
Reviewed October 26, 2011

This is a fantastic place to stay in Venice. Very convenient to water taxi stops, and a bonus as one of the taxi's first stops and good spot to get the Murano taxis. Also close to the hospital. Walkable to everything in Venice but enough off the track to be quiet and uncrowded. Fausto Maroder is very nice and helpful, as is the staff. They recommended a great local restaurant which was our home restaurant (name escapes me). Spacious room and bathroom, especially for European standards (I've stayed in places where you could only open a suitcase on top of the bed). Very clean and well-kept. Cheap (and very drinkable) wine in the room fridge. I will definitely stay here next time I'm in Venice!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank amy m
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stayed there in september 2011
had an excellent time
staff are wonderful really helpfull
location is great
breackfast was good
rooms clean
value for money
easy access to vaporeto stop for aorport and train station
would recomend

Room Tip: i was in a triple room very spacious
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends