See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

We had a shared bathroom which you could hardly move in, couldn't stand up straight in the shower because its under a staircase and the roof slants in the shower. Shower didn't work, it was either boiling hot or nothing, completely flooded every time it was used. Had to sit on the toilet on an angle or knees would touch the wall in front. On the second evening we came back to find shower lever completely broken off and when we reported it to the guy on reception he started yelling and seemed to blame us for it being broken. When we arrived there were no working lights in the room, the towels were table cloths, there was only white sheer curtains on a window that faces the street on ground level, there was heaps of street noise outside the window all night with ppl pushing their market stalls up and down the laneway. Breakfast was terrible, stale white bread rolls and perculated coffee while the staff made themselves nice coffees from their machine for staff only. We found a lot of the staff very rude.
Venice is an expensive city to stay in & this place is cheap but next time ill spend a bit more because this was by far our worst hotel experience in Europe so far.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Geri H
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Our family of 4 people lived in a apartment, with 2 rooms. It was in old style (in wood) but had been renewed. We appreciated it very much because we felt IN VENICE. It's in a narrow street, very calm. Not far from where we lived there's the river (or water something...). Even Venice is too tourist and noisy for me, this apartment left me a very good memory.

Room Tip: I don't know the other rooms, but the apartment is good...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Stayed in this hotel back in 2005 - absolutely loved its charm.
The location is brilliant and staff were great.
It is not a luxurious hotel but it is everything you need in this amazing city.
The location is second to none for exploring the city.
There are some great restaurants and bars in the area also.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Although this hotel is nothing spectacular, the location and especially the service make the difference. My friend originally made the reservation, but ended up missing her flight, which left me arriving first. A quick call from my friend, the reservation was switched to my name with no issues and the front desk was prepared. The room was adequate, everything was clean, and there was a/c which was much appreciated as I was there in the summer. The breakfast in the morning was nothing special, but fit the bill if you want to save money. It was easy to walk around Venice, although it was a bit tricky to find at first. Venice is expensive, and I would come back here if I find myself in the area again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Only 1 star hotel but give you perfect values for money in middle of Venice.
It is just 5 minutes walk from the main canal vaperto satiation; it is not fancy or luxury but for couples it is just enough o get the spirit. clean and cozy. Brackfast is Ok.
Staff is friendly and speak English. We have spend 2 nights and enjoy every minute.
again it is only 1 star hotel but the reward is above and beyond

Room Tip: try to ask for room with view to inner courtyard
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple