“Great location and great service!”
Review of Hotel Caprera

Hotel Caprera
Ranked #170 of 387 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

The four of us enjoyed our stay at Venice. We were greeted by Alberto who was terrific. He recommended a great restaurant near the hotel where we had one of our best meals in Italy. He was also very helpful in showing us the map and how to get to places.

We had a quadruple room. The room was clean and sufficient for our one night stay. The only negative is the bed was a little hard and there are Mosquitos. All of us got bites throughout the night. Otherwise, everything was provided.

We would still recommend this hotel as the location was terrific. Only about a 5 to 10 minutes walk to train station, which was very convenient.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed September 26, 2013

One reason I chose this hotel was its proximity to the Santa Lucia railway station. Because of the poor map I had, I walked right past it and ended up walking the streets and asking directions until I finally found it. It’s not more than a five minute walk. From the railway station, go left into the street: Rio Tera Lista di Spagna, you’ll see a sign for Hotel Spagna on your right hand side and a sign for Hotel Adua directly behind it. Between these two signs, on the left side, is an alley only a few feet wide. When you look inside this alley, you’ll see the Hotel Caprera sign.
The breakfast was good with fresh croissants and excellent coffee, fruit, cereal and yogurt. There is no elevator but in my case, the extremely helpful front desk person just grabbed one of my bags and helped getting it to the third floor.
The single room was small but functional with pleasant looking furniture and a bunk size bed. The cleanliness of the bathroom and the shower was disappointing. I found hairs that were not mine. I also had problems with tiny little mosquitoes that came in through the open windows.
I had to make some modifications to the IP settings of my laptop in order to connect to the internet. The front desk has a sheet with instructions.
Overall a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, although the hotel is several stories high. Staff is willing to help getting y...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Rudolph B
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The location close to the station meant I could easily and quickly get my luggage from the station to the hotel on arrival and to the airport by boat when I left. The staff were friendly and helpful (in spite of my total lack of Italian). They took my bags upstairs to my room which was small but clean, comfortable and pleasant. The ensuite was also terrific. I liked staying in an old building with double windows in my room which I could open. It is an easy walk to the tourist sites and the area around is also interesting to explore. The price was very reasonable for Venice in September. The breakfast room has basic cereal, yoghurt and croissant (cornetto in Italian) which was good in the morning when I didn't go out (but I like the Italian way of going to a coffee bar and there are several close to the hotel).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Though the hotel is situated near a touristy area, by taking a turn down a side street you're immediately in old Venice. Comfortable, warm and friendly staff, and the included breakfast make this stay a great option for those traveling to Venice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel. It was very clean, and comfortable. It was located 5-10 minutes walking distance from San Lucia train station. Breakfast was ok, with all the essentials to start you off, but if you're looking for ham and eggs, you won't find it here. We learned that the Italian folks prefer to dunk sweet bisquits into warm milk for breakfast. The staff was very welcoming and extremely helpful. It is just off of the main drag-Lista di Spagna, which was bustling from morning until late into the night, however, we found it to very quiet. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The installations in my bedroom was so good, the only anoying thing was the noise out of the street. But in Venezia this is normal. The train station is so close, you can walk for a few minutes and arrive there without a problem.

Room Tip: Choose some room near the first floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Great Hotel close to terminal station. We left early in the morning using a train, and just left the hotel 15 minutes before the train departure. Really helpful staff, helped us with luggage and information of the area.. Bathroom and room was clean.

Room Tip: Not elevator, so if you are traveling with luggage select a room in lower levels.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple