“A good place to stay”

and 1 more site!
Leonardo Hotel
Ranked #316 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was pleased with the room, but would have preferred a breakfast option. I had some difficulty finding the hotel. If you focus on the street numbers it is easy, but otherwise it is in a quiet alley and not obvious.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We appreciated the friendly and helpful service. Rooms are small but very comfortable and like new condition. It is only five minutes from the train station and underground. There is free wifi in the lobby. We didn't eat at the restaurant but it seemed to be well used.

Room Tip: It was very quiet on the street behind the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Leonardo my last night in Venice. I was traveling alone and I'm just happy that I didn't have to stay here for more than one night.

The room was like a prison cell. No toilet, and a hole of a room. There was only a Fan in the corner and it was not air conditioned. There was no where in the hotel to go to get cool so I just went to a restaurant for most of the night. When I returned the guy at the front desk was upset that I hadn't turned in my key! Apparently I was supposed to leave my key with them but no one told me and also, No way. I then tried to watch a bit of TV but the TV didn't work.

The worst part is, as of now I paid twice. When I arrived, the woman at the front desk said I hadn't paid. So I paid in cash 47 Euros (2 Euros for the city tax). That night I checked my bank account via WiFi at the McDonalds nearby and saw that I had already paid. I addressed this with the staff and they said they would re-fund my bank account. As of now I've paid 90 Euros for the WORST stay ever! They have been good about sending an email to say that they will refund and I will see if it works out.

If you are a hardened solo traveler, it's fine but otherwise I'd stay away and make sure you don't pay twice! It's really NOT worth paying twice for.

Room Tip: Go to a differnent hotel. I really enjoyed Ca Del Dose near San Marco but was trying to save money o...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank WiscoGirl_Leeds
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We loved our stay in Venice, this hotel is located just off a busy street and is in close proximity to two different water bus stops. The room was clean and the staff were all very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This Hotel was in the heart of Cannagerio District, and walking distance from the St. Maria Train Station (with light luggage). The lobby and rooms were clean and bright, a bit off the main street which meant a quiet room. Friendly staff,gave us a map and highlighted most important monuments of Venice.
Cons: since this hotel is set back from the main street there is no view and no air circulation in the rooms, in the hottest months this could mean difficulty sleeping, opening the windows will not help as this will allow the mosquitos full access. We were bitten several times during the nights we spent at this hotel, an inroom fan might have helped with the heat, we asked and they didnt not have any for us to use. Overall a nice hotel, I would stay again in more milder weather. Good value.

Room Tip: Wouldnt not recomment this hotel in summer months, lack of air conditioning and no window screens...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Angear77
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Amazing hotel!!! The owner, owner's wife and son are the friendliest people you will ever meet. Very clean, great location, very hospitable, speak English, Italian and Spanish +others as well. Will accommodate requests. Made our vacation truly special and unforgettable. Without question-- we will go back and stay here!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Octo87
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Only a 10 min walk from the train station,
Great location! friendly district loaded with supermarkets and pubs.
Female staff were very friendly and had our room ready in no time.
The room was big- with an extra bed, a closet and a private bathroom+shower.
Very clean, very comfortable.
If you're traveling on a budget or just like staying at B&B's Leonardo Hotel is your place!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple