1,183 results
All reviewscampo santa maria formosaquiet squarerialto bridgestair liftbalconies overlookingdeluxe suitehuge roomhigh ceilingswelcome drinkfamily roomwater taxibottle of proseccoperfect locationold palacestay in venicelovely hotelminute walk
Reviewed August 6, 2018

ideal location, in the heart of city yet not crowded. very well maintained property. room was nice and spacious with all the amenities. staff was polite, courteous and helpful. overall, an absolutely comfortable and enjoyable experience.
will recommend to anyone visiting venice.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2018

Very response to any requests prior to and during stay. We were upgraded to their suite, which was
the best room in the hotel. It had 2 balconies overlooking the piazza. Awesome!! It was top notch. Beds were comfortable, shower was great and location was really convenient to everything in Venezia

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2018

This was a wonderful pick for my family’s trip to Venice. Our deluxe suite was big, clean, and beautiful with lots of the original charm. The air conditioning worked well which was unlike what I heard from fellow travelers at other hotels. The staff was terrific - recommended great restaurants off the beaten path. The breakfast was delicious and I appreciated being to get a cappuccino and hot chocolate for my kiddos. The hotel is close to San Marco but off the beaten path so not noisy or too touristy. The whole experience was part of what I remembered I loved abt Venice - it is charming.

Room Tip: Get the deluxe suite instead of the junior suite if you have kids - more rooms
Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

Highly recommended small charming Venetian Palace located in a big square between Plaza San Marco and Puente Rialto. We felt traslated to Middel Ages with the conforts of today's world. Wondeful all personal with especial thanks to Tomasso and Elena that so kindly supported us and to the lady that served our breakfast.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

I booked Hotel Palazzo Vitturi after extensive research on tripadvisor and other sites. Hotels are quite expensive in Venice and Palazzo VItturi was one of the more reasonably priced , but also had very good review ratings.

Location - Excellent location. 15 minutes leisurely walk to St. Marks square in one direction and 15minutes to Rialto bridge in the other . Hotel itself is located in a small square called Campo Santa Maria Formosa so quiet without being remote. Perfect In Venice where the crowds can be formidable ! There is a water taxi stop at one side of the square , so just yards from the hotel. There are a couple of restaurants in the square and they are ok for a quick bite but not great for dinner. Delve into the back streets where you will find much better. There is a small cafe serving great sandwiches over beside the water taxi stop in the square.

Hotel Building - I booked 2 superior rooms which turned out to be very grand impressive rooms. There was not much of a view to speak of , but that wasn't really a consideration. Our rooms were allocated on the 3rd floor and be aware there is no lift in the hotel - but they do have a device for transporting your luggage up the stairs. The stairs turned out to be quite steep and while not so much a problem for my wife and I it was a bit more of a challenge for my parents - in - law who are in their seventies. I knew in advance there was no lift but did not specify a room on the lower floors - I wish I had. It was 2 steep flights to get up to our floor and they managed , but probably could not have gone much past the 3 nights we stayed. The building itself is an old Venetian Palace converted to a hotel and has loads of character. Breakfast is on the ground floor. Each room is unique and ours had a big full bathroom and double height ceilings .

Hotel staff and service - the staff members we encountered were friendly and helpful with any enquiry and we had good service from the lady who cleans our rooms. The lady at breakfast each morning was very nice and prepared me a cappuccino when I wanted it.

Food - the hotel only serves breakfast which we had each morning. It was mostly a continental breakfast with some hot bacon , sausages and scrambled eggs. My wife has a gluten intolerance and they have an allergy corner with some packaged gluten free offerings but they are nothing special. She asked for a gluten free roll toasted the first morning but had quite a long wait for it , so didn't bother the other mornings. The quality of the food was good and we had a decent breakfast each morning before going out - but the gluten free offering was a bit of a let down (as it is in so many hotels).

Conclusion - great hotel , I would book it again but make sure we had a lower floor - the stairs and lack of a lift are the reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple