“Great Choice if not wanting to go to Murano Island”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Vecchia Murano

Useful Information: Stairs / elevator
San Antonio, Texas
157 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 331 helpful votes
“Great Choice if not wanting to go to Murano Island”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Murano Glass Store Venice

If you don't want to travel all the way to Murano there is a factory glass blowing demonstration at Vecchia Murano studios that is very nice and accommodating for individuals not on a tour. The demonstration is approx 8 minutes and then take a walk through their showroom to see and purchase if you so desire....they will ship and insure the piece of glass as well.

Vecchia is next to another Murano store that is owned by the same factory.....but we were not allowed to see a demonstration as it was only for the tours. Not very accommodating and quite rude. However the folks in the showroom were very nice.

We did buy a beautiful piece of glass and had it shipped home.

Visited June 2014

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Watching glass blowing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

What a great sight to see something so beautiful appear before your eyes with such precision. Yes I bought a glass & some clocks made of Murano glass,

3 Thank QuickCatII
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Murano Glass Factory”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Murano Glass Factory is amazing! It was very interesting to see a glassblower make a vase and a horse! As you walk through the gallery, there are so many things to look at, I couldn't take it all in in the time allotted. While there was a little sales pressure to buy, I bought what I wanted and what I could afford and I am so happy that I did. The vase and the bowl were shipped to my house within three weeks and they were packed very, very well. I also bought three necklaces and my daughters are absolutely thrilled with their beauty and good quality.

If you are in Venice and have the opportunity to go out on the island, I would suggest paying a few more Euros for what is guaranteed as the finest glass ever. If you walk through the shops of Venice, there is a good chance that while you might get a good deal, you won't be getting real Murano Glass.

1 Thank Debbie C
Austin, Texas
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Like Whoa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

As part of our tour with the group Florence for Fun, we went to the Murano Glass factory. I was so impressed by the tour...I felt like we were sneaking in to the factory as the door to get in is so small and if you didn't know it was there you would miss it!
There is a huge jade horse in the lobby that is so beautiful and intricate.
We were lead in to a room where a glass maker spoke about how he was from a long line of glass makers and while he talked he made a cat.
The whole time our glass maker made items, the interpreter told us how the glass is made and heated and the whole process.
Eventually we were led to a room where all the items are sold and everyone had a chance to look around before they broke off and did their own thing.
Not once did we feel pressure to purchase anything, although I did because that was the whole point of my trip to the factory: to get a matching necklace for the bracelet my grandmother had lost on her trip some 15 years ago.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Angelica C
Warrandyte, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Murano Glass Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

After reading all the reviews regarding the glass tour we were a little sceptical about going. Our hotel suggested to go there, free taxi ride etc. We told him we didn't want to be pressured and he told us that they did that in the past but not anymore, too many complaints and it was bad for business and for the hotel. So we went. Our hotel also gave us a map of the island and suggested we also go to Burrano (famous for lace) As expected we went in a very nice taxi, arrived at the glass blowing place, shown personally how they blow glass, shown into the showroom, no pressure to buy anything. We we said thank you after not buying anything, the salesman gave us a map of the island marked where other glass demonstrations can been seen plus some churches and landmarks and marked where we can get the bus to the other island. We walked around a bit, there were lots of family shops and yes we ended up buying a reasonably piece of handcrafted glass, jug, signed by the artist and with the Murano label. We went onto Burrano island and had a wonderful time there looking at the lace shops and brightly coloured houses. We found a little snack shop run by a young fellow who made us a pizza large enough for 2 and a bottle of coke 7euro. Cheapest lunch we have had since coming to Italy. I recommend going.

7 Thank donnav484