“Return visit did not disappoint”

Hotel Ca' Dogaressa
Ranked #81 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had stayed at Ca' Dogaressa about two years ago and we were keen to return as everything about the hotel was excellent. It is a short walk from the station but this time we flew, walked to the wharf and caught the vaporetto across the lagoon stopping a stone's throw (or two) from the front door. What a great way to arrive in Venice. Our room on the top floor this time had three windows overlooking the canal and the wide embankment below. This is not the grand canal but is better in many ways because it is less touristy and perhaps reflects a more authentic part of Venice. The room, the service, the cordial and helpful staff; everthing in fact was again of a very high standard. Breakfast on the canal was a delight as before and the new cafe next door was a great place for a snack, coffee or a pleasant prosecco while watching the boats go by. I only wish that I could have stayed a lot longer.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Marylyn25
There are newer reviews for Hotel Ca' Dogaressa

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I had a layover in Venice and was looking for a simple affordable hotel. This was the perfect place for me. My room was the cheapest at 55 Euros, but it was clean, warm, with nice Venetian decorations. The breakfast was complimentary and the staff helped me find my way through the city with a map and some good suggestions. It was exactly what I was looking for.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank mrbradjones
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My friend and I stayed here last week for three nights and loved it. Right from the beginning, we were greeted very warmly and the staff was very helpful when answering our questions about things to do in Venice. Our room was beautifully decorated, spacious, clean, and so comfortable that it was a bit difficult to force ourselves to go out and explore the city! The breakfast was very good too and included in the very reasonable price. The only slight problem was that the wifi was a bit slow and didn't work that well in our room, but that was very minor and didn't take away from our wonderful experience. I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Venice, whether for a few days or for an extended stay.
Also, it is extremely easy to get to the hotel from the airport or the train station, a huge plus for tired travellers!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Julia J
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I can't rate this hotel highly enough. It was a short easy walk from the main train station: Venezia Santa Lucia and has a water bus route almost right out the front which gets you into the main square (San Marco) in about half an hour. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, especially the receptionist who greeted us who spoke very good English (I also overheard him helping a customer in French!). The rooms were beautiful and very clean.
We had a room separate to the main hotel which was one of 2 rooms with a shared kitchen and bathroom. It was very clean, warm and has wifi included.
It was also quite affordable. We managed to get a good priced room only 2 days in advance for a night during Carnevale!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LuellaK
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Super nice hotel in a very nice and strategic area of Venice. Walking distance from the main attraction, and in a residential district, where you can relax from the huge number of tourists everywhere.
I stayed in the room in the ground floor: amazing! Nice decor (Typical Venetian style) and excellent service: in bedroom breakfast, nice people always ready to help with many informations you may need. The price is totally a super good deal.
The only "negative" feedback is that internet is not working much...
I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Eugenia M
Reviewed January 29, 2013

For our third visit to Venice, this was out second stay at the Dogaressa and once again, I can't rate it highly enough.

Just off the main canal, the hotel is only a short walk from the station for our party of four - including my 76 year old mother. We were there in the blazing heat of summer 2012 so the relief of finding cool rooms was immense.

My husband and I were overjoyed to find we had been allocated the canal view suite: as others have noted, a huge living area and bed, and outstanding bathroom. My DM and DS were in the main building, in a very pleasant upper floor room. They liked it very much.

The staff at the hotel are fantastic ... both efficient and welcoming. The morning breakfasts by the canal are a real treat and something you couldnt really enjoy on the main canal itself .. where would you sit? Here, you are able to be right by the waterside and remain relatively undisturbed. They were also able to recommend two restaurants .. one is the Fontana just up the canal which we enjoyed last time as a couple. This time, the four of us went to their friends' air con restaurant just around the corner.

I can still recall making our first booking with the Dogaressa and wondering what it would be like since we had previously stayed at the Gardena .. well, this is a cut above and worth every penny. Sadly, this time, we were visiting pre cruise and were only there one night.

I must apologise to the hotel for the delay in posting this review. It's certainly not for want of good things to say. Thank you, Dogaressa.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank balmac
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I've just spent 4 nights here with my daughter and really liked it. i have been to Venice several times in the last few years and never been that happy with the hotels I have tried. However, this one is great. The location is unbeatable-a very easy walk from the train station and it would have been a cinch from the airport as the Alilaguna service stops almost next door.
We had a standard room which was fine and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was also good-fresh croissants and decent coffee and service with a smile. The last 2 hotels I stayed in in Venice (slightly more expensive) served what have to be the worst hotel breakfasts of my life.
There are some nice little bars and restaurants in the neighbourhood as long as you do your research and wandering around Cannaregio on a Sunday morning in the winter sun will be unforgettable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family