“Friendly Venetian Elegance” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #62 of 386 Hotels in Venice
England
“Friendly Venetian Elegance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

My 19 year old daughter and I spent four nights here in a classic room. It was very comfortable, warm and elegant. We had no view to speak of but the room was peaceful and in good weather the roof terrace offers a great view and a chance to sit in the sun.The location of the hotel is perfect- really beautiful and quiet, yet within easy walking distance of the Piazzale Roma where the airport bus from Treviso dropped us off. There are plenty of local shops and cafes and you can walk to all parts of Venice from here, providing you are reasonably fit. You can also pick up a vaporetto really nearby and travel by water instead. Paulo and his team are charming and friendly, and we felt very safe and well looked after. We managed breakfast by the canal on our first morning as the sun was shining and that was a great introduction to Venice. The breakfasts could have been a little more varied but they were perfectly fine for a short stay. I would throughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our double classic room was perfectly comfortable and peaceful. If you want to spend a bit more mone...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MinnieBreaker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

Very nice environment, breakfast serve nice hot chocolate, coffee, when nice weather day, you can enjoy your beautiful breakfast at outdoor.

They are very helpful and friendly, make my Venice trip become easier and relax. I and my wife spend more time in hotel, as outside of Venice are crowded or raining.

I will recommend everyone I know stay this hotel when go Venice

• Stayed April 2012
Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed there for 4 nights in a Double Superior room while we were visiting Venice and its surroundings. The location couldn't be better, it's really close to Piazzale Roma, where the boat, bus and train stations are located, it's no more than a 10 minutes walk to the hotel from there, and just two bridges. And to visit Venecia, it is also quite close to everything, it will take you no more than 15 minutes to get to San Marco square, if you can avoid the need to stop to take photos at every bridge, canal and shop you will find on your way there.

The hotel is quite clean, and the rooms are very well decorated in a beautiful baroque style. Breakfast is served in a small hall, but if the day is clear you can be served outside by the canal. Also they offer you the option of being served in your room.

And the personnel is quite helpful, you can ask them anything. Whether it is about your trip on the vaporetto, visiting any area of the island or whatever, they will be glad to help you.

If I were to return to Venice, I wouldn't doubt and book again in this hotel as we had a wonderful time there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

We have stayed here twice. Once in 2009 and once in 2011. Our first trip there were 5 of us in 2 rooms. The second time it was just my husband and I. Both visits we stayed in the canal view room. It doesn't share walls with other rooms, so it is quiet. Open the shutters in the morning to hear the church bells and watch working Venice go by with supply boats. The staff is wonderful the wi-fi is complementary. There is a discount if you pay with cash. Both visits we only used a few things from the mini fridge and both times they refused to let us pay for what we did have.

Andy will make you coffee if you get downstairs when breakfast first starts and he makes the best espresso in all of Italy. JMO!! Maybe it's that you drink it while sitting right next to a canal. I don't know... but it's la serenissima at it's best.

Room Tip: Get the canal view room - junior suite. Three shuttered windows open onto the Cannaregio canal. Qu...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank TravelBGS
Phoenix AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Attention to detail perfect! Rooms are a nice size with on suite bathrooms in marble and tile. Super clean. The owners are extremely helpful and make you feel at home. Don't forget to go to the roof top terrace for sunset! The hotel is not on the grand canal so it's very reasonable and much quieter. Short walk over the bridge and you are on the main street to anywhere in Venice Don't miss this one!

2 Thank msphx12
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

We were really happy with this hotel. I loved its location - walking distance from the train station, easy to find and, even better, just off the main tourist thoroughfare through the city (linking the train station with St Mark's Square). Once you get off that thoroughfare, suddenly it feels like you have Venice to yourself and the Cannaregio area (which the hotel is located in) is perfect for enjoying a quiet but attractive part of Venice away from the masses.

The hotel is excellent value - I chose one of the cheap rooms and, as a bigger one was available for the first two nights (of our four night stay), we were invited to use it for those two nights and then move to the room we'd booked after that. We were grateful but decided against given the amount of packing and repacking we'd already done on the trip!

I would, however, advise booking one of the larger rooms unless you're minimising travel costs because you'll get a canal view and the bed may be bigger. This was the one downside of the room we had - the bed was just too small. I'm not exactly tall, just 177 cm (slightly under 5' 10") and my feet were over the edge which made sleeping uncomfortable. The smaller bed might have been a necessity given the size of the room.

Other notes: The bathroom, like many in Italy, offers only the hand held shower head that can't be mounted on the wall for the type of shower you might be used to in other countries; breakfast offered some good options though I'll never understand why, in Italy, a country full of wonderful food, there is an obsession with providing cold croissants (known locally as cornettos) as a standard breakfast item.

Finally, the hotel provided free wi-fi connection and we were given the details for it on arrival. Ah, if only more places did that :-)

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Aus_PM_73
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

Like everyone else this was booked having researched trip advisor extensively. Previous reviewers are right again. We have just returned from a four night stay in this fabulous little hotel/B&B situated in an ideal part of the city.
We decided to get the bus directly from the airport which takes about 20 minutes and cost 5euros each. We then walked the short distance to the hotel (we actually did it in a little over 10 minutes but I would say 20 mins at a more leisurely pace!)
I'd seen planty of pictures on trip advisor so new what to expect from the outside and this is typical of most of the buildings in the city. We arrived very early expecting to drop our luggage off and head off for the day before booking in, we were pleasantly surprised to be offered a lovely cup of coffee upon arrival and a very warm welcome from the member of staff (I didn't catch her name but she was the maid)
The owner arrived a few minutes later and showed us to our room. I had booked a superior double based on other reviewers recommendations. I thought I'd be a bit cheeky and ask if we could have a nice view with this room and was told this wasn't available!! We stayed in room 3 which is on the first floor at the rear of the building. It looks directly over the neighbouring property, however I can thoroughly recommend this room if you want peace and quiet.
Breakfast was simple but sufficient (fresh croisants, yoghurt, cornflakes) and as much piping hot strong coffee as you can drink!
Regarding the walk from the hotel to St Marks Square..... I'm afraid I can't give you the best timings for this strole because each time we headed off in the morning we kept finding different alleyways all of which lead to something new or another beautiful monument or building.
The room was cleaned and beds made up every morning.
All of the staff were pleasant, professional and unobtrusive.
I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Ca Dogaressa to friends and family and hope to visit again ourselves.

Room Tip: Room 3 faces the rear of the building. No view but lovely and quiet. This room did not have a bath
1 Thank greeneyedmonster2016