“Wonderful Find!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Venice
Al Teatro Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 482 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed at Al Tetro B&B for 3 days in May. It was a wonderful place, off the beaten path, but close to everything. Our host, Eleonora, was full of advice and very pleasant. She was born and raised there and knows just about anything you can ask her about.
Our room was HUGE and very clean and comfortable with a king sized bed and aslo had a refrigerator with drinks, etc, for a price. The bathroom also was very clean and modern; the shower was especially nice because the water pressure was strong and after a long day touring and sightseeing, it was just what we needed to get refreshed and relaxed.
Just outside our window/balcony the gondoliers would pass by and some of them would be singing. It was such a nice thing to see and hear...everything you ever heard about Venice!
I definitely recommend Al Teatro B&B and would go back any day! Don't let the picture of the facade fool you! It is a gem.

Room Tip: Opt for the room with the balconly!

Reviewed June 10, 2011

This B&B was a classic find. A gold mine! The home has been in Eleonora's family for generations. She and her husband have remodeled the place, keeping its old-world charm while updating the amenities to first-class standards. Breakfast alone is worth the trip. Eleonora prepares coffee, either "Americano" or "Italiano" and provides an assortment of fruits and pastries. Then, just when you think it's over, she brings out the Venician meats and cheeses for a lovely "secundo" - second course!

Imagine our surprise one night when, gazing out our window overlooking the canal, we begin seeing gondolas go by. To complete the romance, there is a bridge just outside the front door - a picture perfect slice of Venice! If you want local flavor and to escape the tourist traps, Al Teatro will make you feel like you live in Venice!

Room Tip: View of canal outside both rooms!
1  Thank cheuss
Reviewed June 8, 2011

My husband and I spent two nights here and found it to be very pleasant. We had a lovely room with a balcony overlooking a canal. Eleonora was very helpful with directions and recommending restaurants and sites to see. This is a great location as it is near St. Marks Square yet away from the crowds and noise. Would definitely recommend this B&B.
Thank you Eleonora for your gracious hospitality.

Reviewed June 7, 2011

Great location yet on a quiet street/canal. The host was very nice and provided us with a lot of great information. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Friend and I shared the Pink Room for our 3 night stay overlooking the juncture of 3 canals, a bridge over to Calle Maria Callas on the lovely back side of La Fenice. Eleonora is gracious and helpful and prepares a wonderful breakfast of cold meats, cheeses, yogurts, fruit, cereals, juices and coffee. Easy to find from vaporetto stop Giglio and easier yet to wheel your luggage all the way to the door! This is Eleonora's family home and the home she grew up in so be sure to engage her in family stories! The location is quiet and away from the hectic Rialto. Enjoy discovering all parts of Venice from this ideal location! Many thanks to Eleonora for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: go to directly to Eleonora's web site to book
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2011

We had a wonderful 2 night stay in this B&B. Very easy to find from the Giglio water taxi stop. The room and dining room were exceptionally clean. The host was charming, helpful and friendly. Our room windows looked straight down to the canal which was very entertaining but the double glazed windows and shutters meant we could still get a great rest. Would highly recommend this B&B and if we are ever in Venice again we will be back.

Reviewed May 21, 2011

My daugther and I stayed with Eleonora for two nights in 2008. I know I am late writing this review but I am finallly doing it. Eleonora was wonderfu and very friendly. Her home was beautiful. Breakfast was delicious and heeps. The location was easy to find and close to everything. Our room was a delight and very comfortable. You could open the windows and look down apon the gondolas gliding by. Each gondola driver singing. It was magical. As I watched the gondola go by I would imagine it was my home and I would wave to the tourist. What a beautiful place to live. I would recommend Eleonora and her beautiful home to anyone who would like to stay in Venice. I used to awake early and explore Venice on my own - it was wonderful to see this city without the tourist, just the locals waking up and opening their business.

• Stayed: September 2010