When we showed up, they said they did not have our Expedia booking and for us to get our room, they increased the price and wanted cash, half up front! We had to find an ATM and withdraw a large amount of extra cash (I'm stuck paying the ATM fees, too, of course), and it was not the best start to our Venice getaway. - The claim of a buffet breakfast is just that... not true. They offered croissants, ham, cheese, and yogurt, none of which was of any decent quality. Extremely sugary, stale, and dry. Not even any fresh fruits. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING! - The hotel facility, especially the first floor, stinks. - Internet costs extra... even after the extra hassle they put us through, they charged us for this. - Cleaning staff did not properly clean our place. They did not replace our sheets and instead just made the bed. They also left the windows open which let in several mosquitoes - we have the bites to prove them! - The bathroom has black mold on the walls - Bed was very uncomfortable and pillows are old and no support. PROS - Good location about 200m from the train station and roughly 70m to the Grand Canal - One staff member, Fabiola, is very helpful and nice. - Room decor and wallpaper are of an old Venetian period and is interesting. None of the pros outweigh the cons - this property was an extremely poor experience and the management did nothing to make our experience better, rather, they exploited us by charging us more and demanding cash.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- he Merchant of Venice is a splendid and completely refurbished hotel, graceful and warm with Venetian furniture of the 700. Our hotel is situated in the heart of the city, just 200 metres from the railway station and 5 minutes from the airport. All rooms are clean and cosy with bath or shower in each room. Amenities include: air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar and internet access. We offer a rich buffet breakfast and excursions to the island of Murano From the railway station S.Lucia walk down Lista di Spagna for about 100mt. Turn left at Calle della Misericordia (the 2nd one). From the autopark Tronchetto and Piazzale Roma :busboat and get off at Ferrovia (rail station) or 5 minutes walking crossing the brandnew Costituzione's bridge and then passing by the railway station. Walk down Lista di Spagna and oyu'll find us in Calle della Misericordia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Orbitz, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Il Mercante di Venezia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Mercante Di Venezia Hotel Venice
- Il Mercante Di Venezia Venice