“Great Small Hotel”
Review of Hotel Tiziano

Hotel Tiziano
Ranked #65 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We spent a few nights in Venice at this hotel. It is a small, nice hotel at a quite part of Venice but still in a walking distance of water bus stop or town center. Everything was great including the helpful staff. We were wondering way it was only 3 stars and not more!

Room Tip: The rooms with canal view are great.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marko_Polo12

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here for one night (we are planning our travels as we go, and usually stay in hostels, however this had such good reviews we decided to treat ourselves). We wrote the directions down and followed them, and got the the hotel without too much trouble, although we got a bit confused with all the bridges and churches etc! The staff member that greeted us was friendly, and showed us to our room and explained everything we needed to know.
The room (we had one on the second floor) was very nice, with lovely painted wardrobe, and nice furnishings, big comfy bed. It was clean and spacious, and there were some lovely toiletries etc provided. Minibar too, which looking at the prices was quite reasonable, but we didn't buy anything. Air con too which was good. Out the window there were good views of the canals. The hotel is in more of a residential area, but it is really not that far from everything. We grabbed a map from reception, and explored Venice easily, so if you're worried about the location don't be, it's worth staying here.
Breakfast in the morning was great - cereal, fresh fruit salad (yum!), yoghurt, mini muffins, pastries, bread rolls, cheese, ham, juice, coffee, tea etc. That set us up for the day. On check out we could also leave our luggage.
I definitely recommend this hotel, it is really lovely, the service is great, and I would have loved to have stayed longer.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ekh86
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Was looking at booking a surprise birthday trip for my girlfriend, ideally a hotel in Venice as opposed to one outside and having to travel in.. expensive idea? I initially thought so, and upon seeing this place and the ridiculously low price it came with considering its location, I was initially expecting some kind of downside to it (I mean anything can look good in a photo). So.. I booked it, flew over, got off the boat at San Marco and had a pleasant walk taking in some sights, ok.. this is a little tricky to find at first but I imagine most places are initially hard to find considering the way venice was built (all tight packed buildings and small alleys).

Now, I read the reviews online (only a fool wouldn't) everyone seemed to rave about this place, and still I couldn't quite take these reviews as gospel, so I was going to enter this hotel and immediately try and fault find to which I thought I'd find out why it cost me what it cost me... I really couldn't fault this place at all. Brilliant location, like everyone says, its in a quiet residential area, not too far from all the places to be, we woke up pleasantly to birds singing and had an amazing view of a canal, peaceful, very friendly staff, great little morning breakfast and a mini bar not at all over priced. Brilliant. The hotel looks amazing, marble floors, a very cute and somewhat rustic reception and dining area, air con, decent beds, just had an amazing time! I will hands down visit this place again and again and again. 10/10.

Room Tip: Ask for a canal view!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2013

A little over due, but we stayed here back in March on a weekend break. Hotel itself was easy to find from the bus staion (with a good map!) - just a 5-10 min walk. It's a little out from the main attractions, but it means en route you come across some fantastic bars and restaurants. The square (cant remember the name!) is only 5 mins away and had some great little bars to sip away a glass of wine whilst people watching!
Rooms were fantastic, and aptly named. Did get extremely hot during the night however so we had to leave the windows open as couldnt adjust the temp. Breakfast was ok - nothing special, cereal, fruit, cheeses etc but enough to keep you going until lunch.
Great little place for a romantic break, away from the hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We used this hotel for a pre cruise overnight stay. Using a water taxi from the airport we we able to get within 100 yards or so to the hotel.
It is in quiet location and well maintained and the staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was on the ground floor and was obviously a room with disabled access in mind.
The room looked exactly as it does in the photos and was very comfortable. Free WiFi worked well.
The buffet breakfast was very nice with excellent coffee to go with it,
Only 20 minute walk to the people mover which was a bonus for us.

Would stay there again without a doubt.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wansbrough2013
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Went here for our second anniversary and loved it, The rooms look exactly as they do in the pictures. We had a lovely room overlooking a pretty and quiet canal. The staff were very friendly and spoke good English. There are a few nice restaurants near the hotel and a little place that does beautiful opera arias on Thursdays and Saturdays. The hotel is a little tricky to find as it is tucked away behind some buildings so best to be prepared before you set off to find it. Highly recommend this hotel, made our anniversary a very special memory. Will definitely go back again :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2013

When we first got here I was skeptical about the hotel as the location was in a very lonely residential area. However, it was later that we realised how calm and serene the environment was! The walk to the water bus station was beautiful and picturesque. It really doesn't take a lot of time to reach Venice's tourist spots from there (Rialto, St. Mark's square).

The staff here was so friendly and helpful! In a mad rush to catch our flight at 6.20 a.m. I forgot my bag containing my wallet and some important papers. We called up the hotel from the airport and gave them the address to our next location and it was delivered to us without any hassle! And they didn't even charge for it. They even apologised for the water taxi that didn't arrive after they had booked it for us for 4.15 a.m.

I would definitely recommend this hotel as it really is a humble haven. If you are looking for a quiet and simple stay, this is a place to be!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple