“Excellent modern hotel, very helpful service”
Review of Ca' Pozzo Inn

Ca' Pozzo Inn
Ranked #17 of 476 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 1, 2012

After looking on TA for some time, I chose this hotel because rooms are modern with a great bathroom, (unlike many of the older hotels), it is right next to the Alilaguna Arancia line stop Guglie (so no lugging of suitcases) and really good value for money - our 8 night stay (see trip report) paid in advance cost the same as 1 night would have done in the Danieli. Also the air conditioning was a blessing in 33 degrees C of heat in August.

They could not be more helpful - breakfast officially starts at 8.00 am, but they were happy that we should eat at 7.45 am on the days when we had an early train for a day out. It is a nice cold buffet, and is already set up by 7.30 am I believe. Stefano (?) was also very kind to call and reserve some restaurants for dinner for us, where the restaurants had not replied to my previous emails.

If I had to be picky, I also have bruises on my shin from the corners of the black wood base of the bed which you cannot see against the black tiled floor. It is a really comfortable bed though and we did sleep well. Also I would really have liked a mirror over the dressing table in the room.

Anyway, I do recommend this hotel, plus it is near to a lot of good value restaurants (see trip report).

Room Tip: We paid for the extra comfort class I believe - at these rates why not?
1  Thank worldtraveller99

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We looked at about 20 hotels in the area... actually walked in them and saw the rooms. There's nothing that even came close to this in this area of Venice! For the price and location, which is only a bridge and walk away from the train station, this hotel can't be beat. We had a huge room, super clean, really nice with a stove and everything. The breakfast was included and wonderful. The staff was great. The only drawback I could see is there isn't a nice view of the canals... it's set back in a narrow alley. This hotel will make your stay in Venice great though, especially if you are looking to stay near the train station!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

This hotel really gets a check in every category:
Great service. My wife and I were greeted by the friendly reception guy. After a general intro to Venice, he showed us to our room (and helped with the luggage too!). I then asked for a coffee which I wasn't charged for at the end. Our every need was accomodated. (Being jewish travelers our Shabbat restrictions were not only respected, but they even turned off the automatic lights in the hall! Hot water was given to us on request etc.). As to giving in the keys, I just didn't, and noone said anything to me.
The room was modern and clean. The AC worked without a hitch. It is very quiet in the hotel and it gives a real feeling of relaxation. Nice chill on the roof, though there is no special view.
The location is great, with a short walk to the train station. Bus stop pretty much right outside. The little alley (sotoportego?) leading to the hotel does smell a little fishy (fish market there in the AM), but doesn't feel it. Really nothing to worry about. Would stay again. And again!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Ca'Pozzo is an attractive contemporary hotel. They allowed us to check in early on our first stay as our room was ready. They will willlingly look after luggage when the room is not ready. Its easy to find once you know to stop at the Guglie Bridge and have a good look for the lane that leads down to the hotel. Thère is a vaporetto stop very close to this lane. We took the Aliluguna (airport water bus) straight back to the airport from this stop and this was well worth the €15 each it cost us. I would stay at this hotel again for this reason. If you are coming from the airport take Alilaguna number 2 from there and get off at the Guglie stop. It saves lugging cases over bridges! We liked being able to sit on the roof as the rooms are quite dark. There is a nice area to relax in upstairs - ask where it is. They have books and magazines there. There is a friendly little restaurant right beside the lane and the food is very good there. You get two complimentary bottles of water and two cokes in your mini-fridge (on the first night only of your stay) and these are a nice touch. We will definitely return to this hotel.

We stayed before and after a cruise. On arrival back from our cruise we arrived at the hotel at about 10 am. - our rooms weren't ready so we asked if we could have a coffee and a tea as we had lugged cases round. Breakfast had just ended and we were brought an unasked for basket of bread (no butter, jam or anything fancy). I expected the charge of €1.50 each for the coffee and tea but thought €6 on our bill for 4 small rolls was a bit excessive (especially as we hadn't asked for them). Watch your legs on the corners of the beds - they are made of black wood which you don't see against the black floor- I have a few bruises on my shins to prove i!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DavidandPatricia
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Loved staying here. Stayed for 3 nights in August. The airconditioning was much appreciated! Very basic but nice modern style, Large rooms, Extremely clean and you get a great nights sleep as it is so quiet. The staff are fantastic, they can answer all your questions and are willing to help as much as possible. Location is great if you want to walk around and see Venice. If you just want to taxi everywhere it will be expensive. It's simple to find Rialto (15min walk) and St. Marks (25mins). Massive plus is it's so quick to get to from bus/train station, if you're walking you'll appreciate this. Any further away you would have to taxi it, not cheap, or vaperetto it, not pleasant/comfy.
Only down point was Ca' Pozzo apparently instills a curfew despite advertising a 24hr reception, which isn't helpful when you have to hand your keys in everytime you leave the hotel.
On the last evening we went to the Hilton, to the Sky Line bar (Amazing views and a must-do!) and decided to walk back to the hotel and pro-long our last evening. We arrived at the hotel at 2am where an angry staff member informed us he wanted to go to sleep and had had to wait up for us to come collect our key as we were the last in. Quite frankly it's your job, either don't advertise a 24hr reception or simply allow customers to take their room keys with them. I'm an adult and don't need to be told when i should be in bed. So just a small warning.
Apart from that one strange incident a lovely stay, book it.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed at Ca Pozzo Inn for 3 nights. In my opinion the location of the hotel is exceptional, since it is an easy walk from both the train station and the plaza at which airport shuttle buses and taxis arrive (although if you're using Google maps for directions make sure that you're being directed to Ca Pozzo St, both myself and a friend were directed to a completely different hotel when we typed in 'Ca Pozzo Inn'). Although it is not in central San Marco, Venice is a small place and the walk to and from the hotel from the main areas is enjoyable and allows you to take in much more of the city. There are plenty of pizzerias and stores in the immediate vicinity as well, which seemed cheaper than other areas.
Your room includes four complimentary drinks – 2 water bottles and 2 coca colas, which was a lovely welcome after the train trip I have to say that my favourite thing about Ca Pozzo was the included breakfast, which was one of the best spreads I've ever experienced – cakes, pastries, biscuits, cereal, fruit, eggs, various meats and cheeses, vegetables, varied flavours of yoghurt, different types of tea, coffee and bread rolls.
The wi-fi works well and the staff were relatively friendly, though we didn't need to interact with them often.
All in all our stay was entirely positive at Ca Pozzo Inn.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Pros:
Lovely hotel, really modern and grea sizes. Room's are cleaned everyday and aircondition is great. Breakfast is great- so many choices. Staff are v. friendly- really keen to help you out. Location is great, lots of places to eat for a very reasonable price, 30 min walk from St Mark's sq and very walkable to anywhere. Really close to tourist shops that are cheap. Beds are really comfy and large. Wifi works really well also. Would definately recommend and would go back.
Cons:
near a fishmonger so smells a little outside but the hotel doesn't smell at all.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sarah C