“Lovely stay with perfect location”

Relais Piazza San Marco
Ranked #227 of 479 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights, and really enjoyed the stay. We were in room 31, beautifully decorated, nice bathroom, and very comfortable bed. Absolutely loved it to be honest, would definitely go there again. We were on the same building as the reception, yes there is no lift to the 1st floor so this can be a bit too much if you have heavy luggage, but you do have a small lift from this floor to the bedroom floors. It is next to Piazza San Marco, so very convenient for everything and beautiful to see this piazza at night and early morning. Breakfast is served in the bedroom, and breakfast is the only thing I wasn´t 100% happy with, as the coffee wasn´t very good, and they always brought us something that we hadn´t asked for like a hot chocolate or tropical juice for some reason. But overall loved it and would reccommend it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We arrived on Monday 4th June and was immediately upgraded to a suite without asking! The room was fantastic well decorated with a flat screen tv and mini bar. The staff were helpful and friendly the breakfast filled a gap and is delivered to your room free every morning. The location couldn't be any better right beside San Marco Square. Overall and excellent hotel and would reccomend anyone to stay here!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Tomtom1980
Reviewed May 28, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed May 27, 2012

The hotel's main benefit is its location. It's right by Saint Mark's Square and we were lucky enough to be upgraded to get a room with a view right over the Square - beautiful. If you are looking for 5* accommodation - this isn't for you as it is just a little shabby but we loved it. Quirky, comfortable, friendly staff, beautiful view and loved having breakfast delivered to the room. Would we stay there again - yes.

Our holiday tips are as follows:

1) Get an ATV water bus pass and a one way journey from the airport. The number 5 bus into town is right outside the airport.
2) Once you get to the Venice bus station get on the waterbus to the Rialta Bridge and then follow the signs to San Marco - noting the whereabouts of the restaurants as these are cheaper than San Mark's Square. It's not a long walk and is very pretty.
3) When you return to the airport treat yourself to a water taxi - ask the hotel if they can book it for you. It's about 110 euros but well worth it and only takes 20 mins to the airport.
4) Use your water bus pass from San Marco to take a trip up the Grand Canal - again suggest get off at Rialta Bridge and walk back.
5) Check the opening hours of the Basilica - especially if you are there for a weekend as times are limited, especially on Sunday.
6) There are musicians playing on San Mark's Square outside of various restaurants. It's lovely to sit and enjoy a drink whilst listening to the music but you are charged 6 euros per person just to listen to the music and the drinks aren't cheap. It's a nice treat but if you aren't looking to spend a fortune, just enjoy the music standing up!
Try and take hand luggage only - it's not easy lugging big suitcases through Venice!
7) You order your breakfast on a daily basis but completing a card and hanging it on your door. Don't be shy - order lots to keep you going and it's not always what you were expecting - some days the croissants were sweet, the toast are crispbreads and fruit is a big bowl of apples, oranges, kiwis etc. Eggs and bacon is scambled eggs.

Room Tip: We requested a room with a view over San Marco and it worked! Note it is near the bell tower and...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My name is Tony Dormer and I am the Vice President of the NSW Chamber of Commerce in Australia. This is the largest business member organisation in Australia. The sole reason I tell you this is so that you know my report is genuine and that I have the credentials to tell the truth. I booked this Hotel on the website based on reports on Trip Advisor. When I arrived and after carrying very heavy suitcases up the stairs because there is no lift to reception, I asked to see the room which I was told was the best suite in the Hotel. It was terrible in every possible way. I travel a lot and have never seen anything as bad. Dark, small and very substandard without a lift to the room! I was too worried to spend even one night in the bed and so paid the penalty. I was charged 220 Euros and transfered to a Star Hotel within a block or so where I paid, very happily, 208 Euros per night including taxes! The difference was 2 star to 4.5 stars and in terms of facilities and cleanliness light years apart and I mean light years!. I have never had trouble with Trip Advisor before but from now on I will have grave doubt believing comments/reports on the website. Trust me this Hotel is not worth any more than 50 Euros a night if you are desperate!... To anyone in Australia who has had similar experiences with this Hotel please let me know as I intend to write to Trip Advisor and have them delisted if possible and I would like more evidence to add to mine. Just google me or look me up on Linkedin. To anyone else mark my words you will be really disapointed. Do not book this Hotel!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Tony D
roberto m, Direttore at Relais Piazza San Marco, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

All comments by our customer are always welcome also when they are negative, in fact they help us to improve our offer, for the first time I have to say very outspoken that this feedback is absolutely misleading.
Is the first time that someone since our opening complain regarding Top Suite room 41, but to know the truth just take a look of the picture of it...I think there's nothing to add.
The fact that elevator start from the first floor is well-marked on the web-site in which Mr Dormer made the reservation (booking.com) on the "Important notice" so I can sat that is not our fault.
Finally Mr Dormer forgot to say that before him to pay the penalty of just one night, as foresee the contract of Booking.com, for several times he theats us asking to avoid the penalty in exchange to him do not post a neagtive feed-back on the web-site and in all Australia, obviously we did not accept Mr Dormer proposal!
What we can say more?......what a pity that such important man had this behaviour!

Reviewed May 10, 2012

not really a true value. saw some cockroaches running around, room was gloomy and breakfast was bad. no elevator so if you have heavy luggage, be prepared to slug it up the stairs. only good thing about it is the location.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Our room was actually not in the same building as reception, we were brought to another building just around the corner, had to climb a few stairs and there it was, a very spacious lovely decorated room with paintings of Venice on the walls, nice bathroom and views onto a small alley just of the square. The breakfast was amazing, we had a little form in the room where we could order our complimentary breakfast and pick a time we would like to eat. The next morning the breakfast was brought to our room, it was probably the best hotel breakfast ever! It was huge and delicious!
Allover I can just recommend this place!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple