Palazzo Rosa
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstriple roompalazzodirectionsapartmentcanal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We stead for three days in the first week of October. The room was large and we had no trouble finding the hotel. As with anything you get what you pay for and we did not want to pay a lot yet be close to everything. This was the spot to be. We did encounter a problem with our sink in that the water stopped running. We told the manger and he took care of it right away. we were out for the day and when we came back it was fixed. If I go back I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Stayed with my daughter and friend for 2 nights. 1 large double bed and 1 single. Room was not excessively large but sufficient for our stay. Very clean. Breakfast consist of a Croissant and toast, coffee and juice. Quaint small breakfast room with 4 tables. Free wifi in breakfast room altho we did have problems connecting for 24 hours together with the other guests. Staff was helpful. Good location. Small hotel which was suitable for us. Only problem is the neighbours in the next building had their TV up extremely loud both nights till very late which made sleeping a little difficult. This was nothing to do with the hotel so there was no use complaining. Overall a very pleasant stay and friendly staff. One tip buy a proper map as the tourist map doesnt cut it when you are lost.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank cgfromperth
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Be prepared for what you are going to get. The place in in very poor condition. The rooms were very dark, paint peeling off the walls, cracked mirrors, showers that leaked all over the bathroom and into the main room and much more! The bathrooms were clean and while the towels were meager, they were clean. The owners were friendly but basically unwilling or unable to fix anything. Only one light worked in the room and they could not get around to fixing the other ones. The internet never worked, all the guests were wondering about that. The owners answer- go down the street to the internet cafe.. The breakfast was coffee, juice and bread only so don't expect any real food. As long as you know what you are getting into you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank drbw1
Reviewed October 5, 2011

It shouldn't even be classified as the same hotel. It's no part if the main hotel which I wrote and stated I wanted based in the horrific reviews if the "annex". They told me to send a email agreeing to pay more, which I did and yet upon arriving I was placed in this dark dingy room looking in an alley. Why is this place even called palazzo rosa when it's a room two blocks away. I expected a view and was able to see the true hotel. But this annex was disgusting. The bed was broken. The window was broken the air conditioning was broken and the attitude of the manager was belligerent. Knowing I had no place else to go he said well if you "don't like it leave". With no Internet (and the description said wifi) how were we supposed to get another room. He was so disgraceful and rude. I'm sure the hotel room was already booked and they didn't want to loose a customer. So they ignored my email

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank 52echoromeo
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed for two nights at Palazzo Rosa and were very impressed with the location (a fifteen minute walk to Realto Bridge) which, whilst in the middle of things was beautifully quiet at night. We booked a room for four people which comprised a very comfortable queen size bed & could-have-been-more comfortable fold out bed, a spacious bathroom and window with view of a delightful canal. Brilliant for leaning out of to watch Venetian canal life go by. The room was clean and spacious considering there were four of us. The owner was charming, helpful and friendly and the breakfast was simply perfect; crispy fresh rolls, brioche and great coffee or hot chocolate. What more do you really need when a day of eating great food in local restaurants awaits? I most definitely recommend Palazzo Rosa for a great stay in Venice.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family