“bellisima”

Locanda Ca' del Console
Ranked #136 of 471 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 15, 2008

talking about venice hotel experience i didnt had good one!!
specially bathroom,but i am so glad that i reserved locanda this time ,extremly clean and renovated showers with enough space ,room were so nice and elegant with 900 years old antique furniture ,Mrina was extremly nice and she tried to help us reserving our hotel in Verona ,very pleasent experience ,highly recommended......

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank stigma
There are newer reviews for Locanda Ca' del Console

Reviewed June 26, 2008

We booked directly with the B&B for a standard double room (Room of the Angel) one month before, but when we arrived they had no rooms left so they put us up in single room (let’s compare the marketing photo of our room vs. the room itself), because they gave my reserved room to a family of 4 people, so with the same room they had much money! We did talk to management about this problem, but the answer was “if you don’t like this accomodation you look for somewhere yourself!”. Bad management!

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled with friends
2  Thank GORILLAS63
Reviewed April 30, 2007

Just got back from Venice and a 4 night stay at Locanda Ca Del Console. We had planned on staying 5 nights, but left a day early. Although a/c was stated as being included, it was not turned on. This made the room very warm (temps were 80 degrees). No screens on windows let in mosquitos during the night. We did talk to managment about this need for just a fan and were assured that the a/c would be turned on that night (2nd night there ). This never happened.
The room itself was fine. Bed had been around the block a few times, but was adequate. Bathroom was very nice and the cleaning was very good. With the exchange rate, the room was about $200 per night. For Venice, however, this is pretty average.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2007

This locanda is very nice and reasonably priced (£100 pn). Room was spacious, bed was huge, breakfasts were absolutely sound and service, helpfulness (English was fair) and cleanliness of the room was excellent. There was even a small fridge in the room. The bathroom was a treat, clean white towels, big space, plenty of hot water. My partner and I stayed there as we had come to Venice for a friend's wedding. We stayed in the 'Alcove' room and it was a lot lighter and brighter than the pictures on the internet. It was a 5 minute walk to the Rialto and close to St Marks. A stroll to the del Accadmia was not too far either. Directions and instructions from the staff as to how to get there and leave from the airport were clear and very helpful.

We had one small problem and to be fair, I should have mentioned it because I believe that they would have tried to do something about it. But when we were asked if our room was ok I bottled it and said, 'Yes'. There was a distinct smell of effluent in the room towards the evening. Fortunately it was warm and we left the windows open to freshen the air!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2006

As with some other reviewers, when I presented myself at the Locanda I was told that in fact I was being offered an apartment. This now seems standard policy! I somehow knew it was going to happen. That was the bad part of my experience - not getting what I had booked, and being informed only when I arrived in Venice, and couldn't really change my mind. The good part is that the apartment was excellent - much better than anything the Locanda itself could have offered, and at the same (very good) price. I would certainly stay there again, but my fear would be that, having booked an apartment, I might arrive in Venice to find I was in fact staying at the Locanda!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled solo
2  Thank Readyroamer
Reviewed October 17, 2006

We booked with this B&B based on the rave reviews from this website and were woefully disappointed! The room was large, yes, but the entire place was so cluttered with random things that it took away from the charming space. We laughed when we compared the marketing photo of our room vs. the room itself. In the photo, the room was staged perfectly with a brightly light chandelier, etc. In our room, only 3 lightbulbs in the same chandelier were working.

Location was really good - very close to the airport link (but note that you there are many bridges to cross with your luggage), and to other tourist sites.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2006

We booked directly through the hotel, however, they had no rooms left so they put us up in an apartment they own. Be very careful of this becuase you have no idea what they will set you up in. The apartment was nothing like what was described in the information from the hotel. Additionally there was little hot water and no working shower. And finally, they required cash upon arrival (that should have tipped me off). When I called to complain about the non working shower, they magically did not understand English...though they understood English when asking for the money!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with friends