All reviews mark's square great hosts three rooms gelato room was large private courtyard stay in venice major sites spent nights perfect location each morning would definitely stay here again san marco riccardo directions elevator accommodations
Selected filters
Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

I highly recommend B&B Corte Campana, most especially because it comes with very gracious and knowledgeable hosts in Grace and Riccardo. The room was large and comfortable. The air conditioning worked well. I stayed in the room that had the bathroom down the hall, but I had no problem with that. As a single woman traveling alone, I felt very safe! The location was very convenient! I even carried in 2 suitcases and it wasn't bad. Make sure you download and follow the directions they send!

The best part of my stay was visiting with Riccardo and Grace, hearing some history and learning the secrets of sightseeing on the island. They had the best recommendations for sightseeing, eating and shopping, and they were fun to visit with too! I highly recommend scheduling a stay with Riccardo and Grace!

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Jennifer J
Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

Charming B&B located steps from transportation, major sites and great food. The brothers' room was spacious with a modern bath. Complimentary breakfast came with tips and tricks from our hosts on how to get the most out of stay. A great experience and a great value!!!!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank terrymdorr
Reviewed June 24, 2017

Our stay was very comfortable. Riccardo and Grace make every effort to provide wonderful accommodations. Great location, nice breakfast, very helpful with directions, recommended restaurants, etc. We highly recommend.

Room tip: Brothers room is roomy and had super comfy beds.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank sbherron
Reviewed May 30, 2017

There are only two challenges with the Corte Campagna; finding it, and then the stairs/elevator. If you're concerned about climbing stairs or tight spaces... well, Venice probably isn't for you. As for finding it, I'm glad to help you out; follow the provided directions to the bridge on the Calle Remedio (look to the south to see the Bridge of Sighs and avoid the crowds trying to take pictures of it) and keep heading east. Go past the hotel on your right and keep on going all the way to little metal gate on your right. Yep, that's the Corte Campagna! There's not an easily visible sign, but once you know to look for the metal gate, you're set.

Everything else about the Corte Campagna is a dream. Almost magical. The location is ideal; an easy walk to just about all the major sites, but far enough away that it isn't loud. The views are awesome, bedrooms are clean and delightful for the price, but the real gem are Grace and Ricardo. I strongly encourage engaging in their breakfast in the morning as much for the food (which is fine Italian breakfast food and plentiful) as the conversation. They're both fantastically interesting people with Grace's loving interest in everyone and Ricardo's fabulous wit. If you need anything, they're just down the hall and wonderfully accommodating.

Biggest help? Grace's map. It's spectacularly detailed and I wore it down to tatters I used it so much when I was there. Both of them will recommend places to eat. Trust them. I spent the next week visiting other parts of Italy, but Grace and Ricardo made me wish I'd just stayed in Venice. Thank you for the wonderful experience!

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Russell S
Reviewed May 2, 2017

How often does one consider their accommodations to be a highlight of a trip?

Ricardo and Grace, the live in proprietors, are the quintessential element that made this happen. Welcoming, enthusiastic about their city, knowledgeable and ready to share recommendations that really add depth to your visit, they run a fine B&B.

At three rooms, our party of 2 couples and a single fit perfectly into their space. Rooms are quite large and comfortably appointed, 2 of the rooms with en suite facilities. I would be ecstatic to visit them again.

Oh and gelato? Ricardo knows!

Room tip: Parents rooms for Couples, Brothers/Sisters room for couples or friends...
Date of stay: April 2017