“Great place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Venice
Bed and Breakfast Corte Campana
Ranked #59 of 457 Venice B&B and Inns
Kaiserslautern, Germany
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed here for 4 days, 3 nights. Very easy to find, as long as plan out your route ahead of time. Located in a secure courtyard behind a large metal gate. Riccardo and Grace were great hosts. The B&B is within 3 minutes of The Square. I would absolutely recommend this B&B to everyone I know going to Venice. We stayed in the "Sister's" room. My only complaint, if I was pressed to have one, is the bathroom is down the hall from the bedroom.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank loganblack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This B & B is truly a gem of Venice. The location is perfect. Corte Campana is literally around the corner from St. Mark's Square. Riccardo and Grace were fantastic hosts. Ric amazingly carried our two large bags up the three flights of stairs with ease. Our room, the Sisters Room, was immaculate and spacious with a private bath and shower just a few steps away. Breakfast included coffee, yogurt, cereals and a delicious assortment of freshly baked rolls. We loved our stay and look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I began our trip through Italy with a few days in Venice. Corte Campana was the perfect place for us to call home...great location and an even better host! Riccardo and his wife are wonderful people who were very helpful during our stay.

We'll definitely be going back!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 6, 2013

A clean, tastefully decorated, well located accommodation with good value for money is important and Corte Compana delivers in all these categories. But what makes it an outstanding choice is owner Riccardo, who is the epitome of the engaging host, guide, and raconteur.

Room Tip: send a note to Ric
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Delta, british columbia
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I would not complain about the location as that was perfect, but this B&B is nothing to write home about and I don't know where the great reviews are coming from.

Our stay was for three nights in May 2013. The breakfast and the care for the room was not up to the standard of any other B&B that we have stayed in through out Europe. The room was not made up during our stay and the breakfast consisted of a bun, yogurt and coffee. And once the coffee pot is empty it was just too much trouble for Riccardo to make more. I still have my e-mail from Riccardo that confirmed our room and that it included a Buffet breakfast. There were no choices of what to eat. A bun on a plate is not what I call a Buffet breakfast.

On our first night, we did not get the room that was confirmed. We had to move the next morning to another room, there was no adjustment on the price of the room. I don't know where the great reviews are coming from, I agree, Riccardo is nice and so is his wife, but I would not recommend staying at their B&B based on them being nice. I find most B&B owners too be nice.

Look for something else for your stay in Venice as this was not worth the price that we paid.

We had a wonderful time in Venice but that has nothing to do with rating a B&B. Venice is magical but that is not what we are rating. I hope this helps future travelers.

3 Thank young50s
Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed in early May for 3 nights. From the very first email to Riccardo until we left Venice, our visit was nothing short of wonderful!
Great location minutes from the square yet it is removed and quiet. Riccardo is full of energy and knowledge. He gave us recommendations on what to see and when and also where to eat the best pizza and gelato. I also had him give us recommendations for various items we wanted to bring back home with us.
Our experience was exactly what we had hoped for and more. We wanted something intimate and personal and that's what Riccardo's B&B delivers.

Morden, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This past February 14th I called Riccardo from Canada to make our reservation for 2 nights in April. It was mid-afternoon in Venice at the time, and Riccardo remarked that he had just gotten married. It took me a few seconds to process what he had just told me! I replied with "did you say you just got married?" I asked if I could call back later, but he assured me that it was no problem, that he would take my information and send me a confirmation email. Talk about commitment!

When we arrived in Venice, Riccardo's beautiful wife, Grace, handled our check-in. She showed us around and gave us a wonderful recommendation for dinner that evening. Our first evening in Venice was magical. After a delicious meal we walked around Piazza San Marco listening to live bands playing Classical music. The location of the B&B is the best, since it is located just behind Piazza San Marco.

We stayed in the Sister's bedroom, a large room with a beautiful fresco on the high ceiling. Tall windows opened to a central courtyard. The bed was very comfortable. The next morning at breakfast Riccardo gave us his top recommendations for things to do in Venice. He is passionate about his city and his enthusiasm is infectious. We had a wonderful day following his suggestions. After all, who knows Venice better than a Venetian? Our stay in Venice was a dream come true! Thanks Riccardo and Grace!

Room Tip: This B&B is so quiet at night. We stayed in the Sister's bedroom. The bathroom is down the h...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple