“Charming, quaint and perfectly located”
Review of Ca' del Nobile

Ca' del Nobile
Ranked #39 of 482 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 5, 2011

After a long boat ride in the summer heat we mazed our way (with our luggage) through the masses of tourists standing in San Marco square. We arrived at Ca' De Nobile feeling fairly deflated - but there's nothing like a warm welcome and a comfortable room to brighten the spirit, which is exactly what we received.

Nestled between the Rialto and San Marco this quaint little hotel is perfectly located. Its in the midst of the action and yet on such a quietly romantic street.

I came here with two girlfriends and we were given Murano glass bracelets on arrival, which was a very friendly touch. Staff were helpful with restaurant recommendations and made reservations for us at popular restaurants

Breakfast was outside our room in the lobby, and consisted of bread and spreads, croissant, yoghurt, and delicious homemade cake. They made a nice cappuccino for you as well.

This is a very small hotel, with only a few rooms. The hotel is so relaxing it has an old venetian charm and a very homely feel. Room was a good size for venice I thought so and there were three of us so would be very spacious for two - bed was comfortable, firm with crisp white sheets and a comfortable pillow. Air conditioned room was great after long days out in the heat.

Bathroom would be the only disadvantage for some - shower was very small and the seat on our toilet was a little loose. But I have no complaints - I would love to go back to Venice soon and when I do I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank VictoriaClose

Reviewed October 26, 2011

This is a lovely hotel, a real little gem in the heart of Venice! Location is perfect, but something even better in the hotel is the quality and care of its staff. Led by the extremely polite and helpful manager Nicola Toso, the people from Ca' Del Nobile have provide us a very relaxing and pleasant stay. With only a couple of rooms, we really felt that we had an exclusive appartment in Venice during our five-day stay. In addition, the rooms are very clean and quiet with great wi-fi Internet access.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank alexdimiceli
Reviewed October 25, 2011

A 3 minute walk from the Rialto and one finds a quiet 7th century retreat which feels remote from the bustle of central Venice. There are few rooms but mine was splendid. sense of space and peace , much needed after a days photographing Canareggio. The staff are extremely helpful and welcoming. The most restful night 's sleep on my 3 city trip . Wonderful! The only downside is a lack of alcohol in the minbar, but that's easily solved.

Room Tip: just ask for guidance. i'm sure you won't go wrong.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank simon088
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I organised a trip for my parents' wedding anniversary and I must say that Nicola and all the staff of the hotel have been amazing! They put some wonderful flowers and prosecco in the room, were very careful to help my parents by advising nice restaurants, always asking if they would need any help for anything. On top of this the hotel is very refined, very well decorated, the rooms are very pretty and the location is fantastic. Thanks again for this very warm welcoming treatment to my parents!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I have never written a review of a hotel before but this place was SO good I could not resist!

I stayed here for two nights at the end of September with my husband and 2 teenage children. We all loved it here and could not find a fault with this hotel!

Firstly the customer service is absolutely first class, Nicola and his friendly team cannot do enough for you. They brought us coffees, cakes, whatever we asked or needed. (Our teenagers loved the free mini bar too!) Nicola even organised and came with us to the doctor to translate on our behalf. Then he rang our hotel in Paris and spoke to them in French as we had to change our bookings (this wasn’t as easy as it sounds but Nicola was so patient and rang them back a couple of times and also confirmed it all via email for us). He did all of this willingly with a smile on his face!

Secondly, the hotel itself is beautiful with Venetian décor and only 5/6 rooms it is quaint and gorgeous. It is located in the heart of everything just 2 minute walk from St Marks Square, but still far away that it’s not noisy at night. Breakfast was delicious with home made cakes which Nicola himself had made that morning!

I’m not usually a fan of really small boutique hotels as I don’t like to feel as though we’re staying in someone’s house but this has changed my mind. Nicola and his team are there if you need them for anything but they also leave you to it as well and respect your privacy.

We all loved Venice and I actually think this hotel had a lot to do with it, we were sad to leave! Having stayed in hotels in Rome, Florence and Paris I didn’t actually find Ca Del Nobile that expensive. In fact it was cheaper than our accommodation in other cities but it far exceeded all others in terms of quality, location and service. It is worth every cent and more.

Oh and while you’re in Venice - make sure you take an early morning walk around 6-7am before all the tourists and workers fill the streets. Venice is a beautiful city and (in my opinion) it’s at its best at that time of the day.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Scooter700
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Venice was our first stop and Nicola couldn't have made it more welcoming. He greeted us with coffee and homemade cake upon arrival and throughout the following 3 days gave us fabulous restaurant recommendations. The location is perfect - close enough to the center but without the chaos and noise being in the center. Our room was spotlessly clean and very quiet. The gentleman that worked in the evenings was also very friendly and helpful. It was definitely a wonderful start to a 3-week Italian holiday!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2011

This establishment is tiny - just six or seven rooms - but the location is great and the service is outstanding. Completely agree with all the positive comments in other reviews.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple