“Kitchy and Fun”

$87.36*
and up
Private Tour: Venice Gondola Ride Including the Grand Canal
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Was it pricy? Yes. Was it fun? Absolutely. There is a standard price for all Gondola rides, no matter how many people so since we had a family six adults it really wasn't so bad. I recommend finding one on the smaller side canals instead of on the Grand Canal or by St Marks. I saw people getting in there and they got rocked around more by the bigger boats and it's a lot more congested in those areas. Most of our tour was inside the smaller canals, though we did get into the Grand Canal long enough to get some good pictures of the Rialto Bridge.

It's fun to do once, so why not?

Write a ReviewReviews (2,141)
All reviews
in 19 reviews
"gondolier"
in 456 reviews

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Before my family of four recently visited Venice, we were told that the gondola rides were extremely expensive, like $100 per person. When walking around this charming, surreal City, we started talking to some of the gondoliers (sp) and found there are set prices of 80 euros ($110) before 7pm and 100 euros ($135) after 7pm for the ride not per person. This included a 45 minute tour of the waterways and an exciting ride down the grand canal. Well worth it for four people. Venice is also a magnificent City that takes your breath away when seeing it.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was terrified the boat would tip over, as it kept rocking back and forth. Also, we had to lean waaay over to fit under some of the bridges. As the ride progressed, the gondolier shared interesting things about himself and the city and I became less anxious. However, once was enough for me!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I absolutely loved this experience, I went for valentines day with my other half. We decided to leave the ride for the 14th of February because I just knew it would be prefect, it was!! More expensive but to be honest worth every penny. It was around €80/90 for two. We pick it up in San Mark Square (tariffs are more) the driver was called Ricado and what a fella, he helped us get on and off, he told us about certain house that had loads of history. He also sang and that was a plus!! Overall get on a gondola regardless of the price it's a must!! It has to be in the list of things to do before dying!! Happy holidays