7 people are viewing this hotel
$338
Expedia.com$408
Hotels.com$408
Lol.travel$472
All reviews rialto bridge breakfast offers grand canal water taxi beautiful hotel vaparetto stop high ceilings city break breakfast room pastries central location our honeymoon would highly recommend this hotel train station stayed here for nights minute walk st marks
Selected filters
Reviewed June 27, 2019

This was my fiance and I first time in Venice so we did not have prior knowledge to base anything off of. However, upon arrival (after walking about 20 minutes from the station to our hotel- with all of our luggage in 85 degree weather) we were so ready to relax and check in. They told us our room would not be ready for 3 more hours and they would keep our luggage stored and use the lobby bathroom to freshen up. After using the bathroom and getting ready to venture they immediately told us the room was ready. (I'm not sure why they didn't just let us know that initally).
The room was small, quaint and what I believe a typical Venice hotel room looks like. They cleaned our room daily, refreshing towels and toiletries as well as brought us a bottle of champagne the first night *in celebration of our new engagement*.
The main complaint is that it was very humid and sticky in our room even while adjusting the air conditioner, it didn't seem to actually work.
PLUS' to this hotel...AMAZING LOCATION! Amazing courtyard garden for complimentary breakfast every morning! I would stay here again but maybe in a slightly cooler time of the year.

Room tip: Amazing location, complimentary breakfast and luggage storage, polite staff, all amazing qualities besides humid rooms.
Date of stay: June 2019
2  Thank ashleymasca
Palazzetto-Madonna, Responsabile reception at Palazzetto Madonna, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2019

Dear Guests,
First of all let us thank You for choosing our Hotel for Your special occasion.
Our check-in time is at 14.00 (local time) and can happen that some rooms are ready before and some not (depend on what time the previous guests left the room) in this case probably the maids comunicate to him a couple of minute after Your check-in that the room is ready.
We are happy that You enjoyed our breakfast gardn and the bottle of champagne.
Hoping to see You soon.
Best Regards
PALAZZETTO MADONNA

Reviewed June 23, 2019 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights.
Single room was big enough but the decor was too cramped up and over the top for my liking.
The bidet is right opposite the WC so feels like your face is in it as the single bathroom is so small. One had to wriggle into the shower area between the bidet and WC.
Wonder why they had to put that ..could you a WC jet spray instead.
The hotel walls and the decor was a put off the minute I entered.
Except one guy the rest of the staff were quite impolite.
Breakfast was cold and very average.
The double room where my friends stayed was relatively spacious with good clean bathrooms.
The hotel is about a 15 to 20 minute long walk from the train station , and crossing 3 bridges with 2 suitcases was an arduous task.
Water taxis cost 90 euros one way from station to hotel and 130 euros from hotel to airport ..

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank snoopy19

Dear Guest,
Let us explain why some rooms are small and some ar big:
Here in Venice if You have an historical palace (like ours) You cannot move/touch/remove walls You have to keep them as they are, this is an order of the head quarter of the cultural heritage.
In this case You had a single room and in all our rooms we have to out a bidet we cannot put it cause is an oblyed service for a 4 stars hotel in Italy, Your friends as You wrote took a Standard room so is bigger than a Single.
Reganding the water taxi rate is not something depending on us as You can understand they have their own prices.
We advise for the next time to ask at the desk at the chec-in if is possible to see another room if You didn't like it, is a better solution instead writing after You have already left. We try to help all our Guest in all what they need.
Best Regards

Reviewed May 26, 2019

You walk into the reception smiling you have made the right choice. The rooms have a nice Italian feel and you relax in your room feeling good.
Then it is downhill from there. The walls are definitely not sound proof. The crashing in the kitchen and the sounds can be heard throughout the hotel. Although the hotel is quiet in the middle of the night. The morning is definitely not so.
The breakfast service leaves a lot to be desired. Whilst the layout is ok and could be a good breakfast service. The staff are more interested in clearing away the dirty dishes and hiding out the back than providing any type of customer service. If I was the owner of this hotel I would cry. Knowing that I put so much effort into the establishment only to be destroyed by my customer service.
Whilst I would not stay here. I am keen to see the rest of Venice and what it has to offer.
My review would probably be most harsh except my amazing partner put me in a good mood.

Date of stay: May 2019
2  Thank michaelmsaunders
Palazzetto-Madonna, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Palazzetto Madonna, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2019

Good morning from Hotel Palazzetto Madonna
Dear Guest,
We want just to clarify some points of Your review:
If You didin't like the room our Costumer service is there to help You finding a solution, in this case we can change the room into an upper floor.
Regarding the breakfast if You see the others review is one of our best points, if You give us more information on what You didn't like we can also try to improve the service.
"If I was the owner of this hotel I would cry. Knowing that I put so much effort into the establishment only to be destroyed by my customer service." We advise You to not judge the job of our Owner cause You don't know all the sacrifices made to open an Hotel like our in our City.
Best Regards.

Reviewed May 23, 2019

I read several reviews before booking this hotel. Some travelers indicated that the front rooms facing the canal were noisy so I opted to book a Deluxe Garden View room. We were given Camera 109 and we were delighted. The room is large with a windowed wall overlooking, a private balcony with a private entrance and the garden. The bathroom too was very large. The TV hidden behind the large mirror is a fun idea although we rarely used it.
Breakfast was great. Coffee/espresso is self-serve by machine, And the food selection on the buffet was good.
I only have two concerns. The bathtub/shower is deep so not so easy to get into as there are not wall hand supports to grab onto. The air-conditioning works very well, but unfortunately blows directly onto the bed.
I spoke with some travelers who had the outside rooms. They said the "noise" is only in the morning when deliveries were being made via the canal. Seems the delivery men can be chatty. Otherwise the fondamenta is quite and not heavily used.
We made the mistake to take the Alilaguna to Ca'Rezzonico stop. The trip from airport is very long and the walk to the hotel includes several bridges. Either take a water taxi directly to the hotel or arrange to transportation to San Toma.
The Concierge, Desk Staff, Breakfast Staff were all very accommodating.

Date of stay: April 2019
2  Thank Roger W
Reviewed May 17, 2019 via mobile

Perfect quiet & authentic Venetian neighborhood. Great triple room set - up. Traveling with my parents, as an adult, I had a private room & could shut the door.

Free breakfast was fresh & amazing. Very close to the St. Toma vapretto stop, only 15-20 mins from the Train station. Great service, great design - you’ll feel like you’re in a museum. I am self-employed and the internet was very fast, reliable and in the shared space and in our room.

Highly recommend for your stay in Venezia, 8 mins walk to Rialto. Safe at night and close to a cute canal with amazing restaurants. See my other reviews!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank ExperienceExpert
Palazzetto-Madonna, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Palazzetto Madonna, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

Dear Guest,
First of all let us thank You for Your beautiful review and for the time spent to write it.
We appreciated that You liked our breakfast, our room and our services, we try to give at all our Guests the bast as our Hotel can give.
Hoping to see You again in our Hotel the next future.
Best Regards.