“Could Be Better”

Bricco Cafe
Ranked #1,271 of 1,494 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed June 6, 2014

The food is just about ok, the service needs a lot of improvement , I agree it is a tourist destination but still a guest is a guest and needs to be taken care off.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We arrived at Marco Polo airport hungry, which, judging by my experience at this cafe was a bad mistake!

The food counter looked sad enough, with all the food looking slightly miserable. Nevertheless, this is Italy, so it couldn't be that bad?

The service was poor, 2 people behind the counter and 2 people waiting to be served. Nevertheless, I had to wait while the other customer had his order filled, including the guy going to a separate counter to made a salad. Several minutes later, I ordered 2 lasagnes and a portion of chips. The server carefully set out two miserly portions of lasagne and some chips which looked like they had seen better days.

Eventually, i took the food to a table. Tried a chip which was cold, and I mean seriously cold, it both looked and tasted like it was fresh a couple of hours previously

I was now sufficiently irritated to take it back to the counter to ask for some warm chips, whereupon I was pointed to the microwave! Unbelievably, I was expected to microwave the chips, something which was neither mentioned nor offered when I paid for them. If I had known, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have bought them.

I went back and asked my wife was the lasagne warm - it wasn't, so a return trip to the microwave.

If you are spending 27 euro on a couple of miserly pieces of lasagne, a scoop of chips and a couple of bottle of soft drinks, a bottle of water and some mayo, I think you should have a reasonable expectation that they will be be edible at purchase

As they had few customers, I suspect the reputation is well known and people avoid the place. I would mark this down as my worst experience in a cafe or restaurant ever.

I thought this place overpriced and truly terrible

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We had a great pizza and bottled wine at this airport cafe. The wine was better and cheaper than many of the places we had visited in Venice itself. It was cheaper to eat here than on the Easyjet flight - wine was 6.90 for twp bottles about 300ml.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We had a great pizza and pasta at this second floor café in Venice airport, easily rivalling any we tried in Venice itself. Low prices, fast service, and nice cold Frascati.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Airside mezzanine café which offered a breakfast special of fresh orange juice, cappuccino & croissant for 4.7 euros - less expensive than a hotel breakfast before an early flight!

1  Thank MLW28