“Tasty gelato”

Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Cannaregio
Neighborhood: Cannaregio
Reviewed May 15, 2016

This gelateria was just down the street from our apartment. Service with a smile, good sized scoops, and fresh gelato every day. A Grom gelateria located nearby, but not nearly as busy or as inviting.

Date of visit: April 2016
Write a reviewReviews (452)

Reviewed April 24, 2016 via mobile

Had to take a couple of points off for poor customer service.. my partner got the coffee ice cream and liked it. But as I cannot eat dairy I simply wanted to test two different flavours which they wouls not allow.
I work in a shop that makes chocolate and ice cream and I know that it is Not hard to let your customers have more than one tester.
If I had gotten to test the flavour I wanted, I would have bought an ice cream and most likely come back for more.
Instead we were pretty suprised by how rude the lady was and how pathetic their 'one taster per person' rule was.
We went to Suso the next day and had a wonderful experience and guess what? They let me test two flavours and I bought them both and went back again for more the following day! :)
Sort your customer service out and don't be so cheap you can't even let your customers taste the product.

Reviewed April 22, 2016 via mobile

Not the best gelato weve tried in Italy but definitely the best in Venice .. try the hazelnut gelato is tastes great!

Reviewed April 22, 2016 via mobile

This was an amazing place to have ice cream, would highly recommend. Pistachio flavour was amazing here. The only place better is called Gelatoteca SuSo because the opera there is like nothing I have ever experienced

Reviewed April 17, 2016

My partner and I were in Venice for 5 days and we came here everyday religiously. We even visited twice on one day. The creamy texture, and the fresh flavours- we came back a few lbs heavier but at least we know we tried the best gelato in Venice!