“Special occasion”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Castello
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Went here for dinner with my boyfriend whilst celebrating a special occasion. We found it on trip advisor and wanted to go here as it was the number one ranked restaurant in Venice, and we now understand why! The service was very friendly and attentive and the food was second to none. We ordered first and second courses and the portion sizes were huge, I was already pretty full after my ‘starter’! We also could not resist ordering a second bottle of wine as it was so tasty. For two starters and two main courses and two bottles of wine the bill came to 130 euros. Considering both the quality and quantity of the food and our overall experience of dining at risorante alle corone, we thought this was extremely reasonable to pay and left having a lovely evening. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to anybody!

1  Thank Mgnlj2112

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Since we were already in San Marco area, might as well try the number 1 in trip advisor recommendation... But to do that, we got lost and had to walk an awfully lots of small roads before finally asking for directions to get there. My wife walked till her legs were painful and said that this better be good if not she will write in a nasty review for making her walk so much!! Main reason because we did not know that it was part of a hotel and walk right past it.

Anyway, first impression it was a high end and classy dining type, waiter was good, friendly and attentive. Good indoor ambience. We asked for their recommendation for appetizer and got the mixed seafood platter. Was surprise to get a prawn for starters on the house. The prawn already prepared us that the food will be good and they did not disappoint. They high class seafood platter was really delicious with all the seafood very fresh and good and has different flavors to it.

After that we had a prawn tempura and their sea bass. I was hoping the portion is not too big as the appetizer was quite filling already and my wife assure me that usually such high end place will serve small portion. Boy we were wrong! The portion was good.

Sea bass first. nicely done with fish oil lightly adding the flavor, vegetables that comes with it were really soft and nice! Again if you read my other reviews, I'm not a vegetable person but they make it really tasty and nice!

Next the prawn tempura. The prawn were a good nice and fried in a way that the prawn meat is soft And tender and you won't get a overdose feeling from eating too much of it. As it is fried stuffs, they couple it with dices of mango and rockets to make it not so greasy filling.. We were really really full but I manage to finish the food.

Next up is the dessert. We ordered a Venice fried cream and tiramisu. Both were nice but not out of the world. Tiramisu too creamy while the fried cream was ok, at least something traditional to Venice.

Overall we had a very very good dining and food experience here despite the price is indeed on the higher side. My wife took back her bad comments and was satisfied with the meal. Highly recommended to try at least once!

2  Thank Seah J
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We went here on our last night in Venice. The food was exquisite as was the service I wish we had dined here every night.they brought us complementary appetisers of beef carpaccio, gorgeous.I had looked on the website at the menu and already decided what I wanted but the menu had changed and scallops weren't on but the waiter checked with the chef and they did them for me, absolutely delicious. My daughter had spaghetti con vongole e bottarga which she loved, followed by prawns and shrimp in a beer tempura and a baby green salad with mango. I had rack of lamb (cooked to perfection) with baby artichokes and sauté potatoes. This was followed by complementary desserts and Baileys with ice. I had house wine, my daughter Prosecco and the bill came to €125 I thought this reasonable for an exceptional meal.

3  Thank Sylvb369
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We visited Alle Corone on our first night in Venice as a group of 8 people after doing our research and finding it to be the number 1 Venice restaurant on trip advisor. Overall we were happy with the setting, a nice, classy restaurant, service throughout the night was very friendly but professional. The meal overall was good but not excellent in my opinion, most people were happy with their food on the night though. My starter and main were of a good standard, the main course of beef was very good pushing towards excellent. The beef itself was beautiful and cooked medium/rare, a really good cut of meat, really juicy and tasty. The dish was let down because it was just served with a celeriac puree and nothing else, it needed a couple of potatoes or crunchy veg just to add a bit of texture to it. If I was to convey the standard of the food to someone I would say if the restaurant was in the UK it would be around a 2 AA rosette standard. Is it value for money? Borderline in my opinion, maybe it is considering that it is in Venice, I have been in much better restaurants in England for the same sort of money though. If you go here and have a starter, main, dessert and a mid-range bottle of wine you will probably end up with a bill for the equivalent of £150 for 2 people.

2  Thank Flashbax
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I was traveling in Venice by myself for only one night. Not want to waste the precious chance to enjoy a great dinner, I've selected the restaurant rated #1 on this site for Venice.
When I arrived, with the help of the GPS, I was seated immediately even though I didn't have a reservation. Maybe I was lucky by going early, since the place was packed later that night.
It was a white linen, live piano playing, gold-gilded plates type of place. Initially it was a little intimidating for me dining with no one other than my camera and dressed in casual clothes. But the service was good and helped me soon relaxed.
I've ordered an appetizer and a fish dish. To my surprise, I was offered a bonus appetizer. I love the freebie even more than the one I've ordered but all the dishes were delicious, fresh, and beautiful. When I asked for the dessert menu, the waiter informed me that they didn't have one since it's complimentary. I was presented with something like a mix of mascarpone cheese and cake with several kinds of berries and it was outstanding. It's only later, when I inspect my photo, that I've noticed the female sign on the plate from the berry sauce, perhaps it's the celebration of the International Women's Day, the day I've visited.
I've left the restaurant very satisfied and happy. So happy that I went out the wrong automatic door and almost walked into the canal! :-)

4  Thank Mei L