“Great food”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Castello
Description: If you want to take a dip in the history of Venice I recommend you come here where you can delight in the typical Venetian dishes and local wines , make a historic journey with pictures and books back to the past with an entire staff of the site that will help you to understand more about the history of Venice and its traditions , the evening turns into a room with a romantic dinner by candlelight for all lovers.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Nothing really to complain about, this was a very nice place. Food was food, prices were reasonable and service good.

Only reason why I do not give a five-star is that although everything was great, we had one even better meal in Venice, with better views, food and same price level - Caffe La Piscina. So to make a distinction, I give this place four stars, and Caffe La Piscina five stars.

In any way I definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

After seeing the reviews on Trip Advisor and noticing that it was only a few mins walk from our hotel, we were particularly keen to try out the Duck Ragu on the menu. After almost giving up trying to find the place, we eventually stumbled across it and were certainly not disappointed by our experience.

The friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere were exactly what we wanted after a chilly day on the tourist trail and the Duck Ragu and tiramisu were particular treats for very reasonable money.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Tried this restaurant as it was well reviewed on trip advisor and only 2 minutes from our hotel, the Gabrielli. We checked it out mid afternoon, and it was pleasantly situated, in a back street, with both inside and outside tables.

We booked ahead, and were the first guests of the evening to arrive (at 7.30). We were greeted well, and enjoyed a complementary glass of prosecco.

Service was fine, and I enjoyed my grilled langoustine starter, followed by a pasta dish, but a couple of black marks:

- after ordering starters, the waitress had to return to tell us that one of the dishes ordered was off, Strange she didn't know this when we ordered.

- we were unable to order tap water - the restaurant has no suitable receptacle to serve it in (no - not even a glass)

- when on of our party asked for some mayonnaise to moisten a dry dish - none was available.

Perhaps in Venice in August, the tourist pickings are just too easy.

2  Thank Monty-casino
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We sought out this restaurant having read other Tripadvisor reviews. What a great place! The staff were very welcoming and the menu offers variety from all the other pizza/pasta places in the city. We hadn't booked, but as we were visiting just at the start of the main tourist season, the restaurant was not too crowded. We were welcomed with a free glass of prosecco. For starter, my husband had the braised squid, which he really enjoyed, while my (fresh) spaghetti with sardines and onion was to die for. Our main dishes of sole stuffed with shrimp (husband) and fried seafood (me) were also excellent. The portions were hearty but we still found room to squeeze in a tiramasu which was as good as I have had anywhere. Our bill, which included a decent bottle of Pinot Grigio, came to just over 80 euros, which I thought was good value for such freshly cooked and delicious meal, served with a smile. We ate pretty well during our entire stay in Venice, but this meal was the best.

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Delightful staff - excellent prices - and even better food. We found this great spot using city guide. Which by the way made navigating two out of three cities I added suprisingly easy. In venice it gave me all I needed to track this out of the way Bistro. I also got me back to the Cruise ship in Istanbul from deep in the maze that is the Grand Bazar. Back to the lunch, it truley was great.