“Lovely restaurant, mysterious bill”

Al Ponte Storto Osteria con Cucina
Ranked #182 of 1,435 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Polo
Description: Nice, friendly and romantic Osteria located very close to Rialto. Our food is selected among the best of Veneto and Italy. Our menu includes cicchetti that is a typical appetizer, fish and meat. Quality and beauty is our mood!
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant, mysterious bill”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

It's not difficult to find, in spite of what you may read. Take the street N-ish out of Campo Aponal, it's on the R. hand corner at the end of the street looking onto the Ponte Storto.
My wife and I had the fish platter for two, fish was what it was, the only concession to non-fishness being slivers of lightly fried carrot and zucchini. Baby sole (?), octopus, prawns, whitebait (?) and more, all perfectly fresh, very lightly battered and delicious. A warm and friendly family restaurant, highly recommended, only question mark a mysterious 7 Euro charge on the bill for "Contanti". Contanti means cash - we paid in cash. It remains a mystery.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Salt Lake City
“Great Restaurant - A Little Hard to Find”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Had a wonderful dinner. One of the best meals we had in Venice. It is a very friendly small family run restaurant. We had a fixed price dinner. For 25 Euros you get a choice of two seconds, vegetable, wine, water, service and desert. We added a pasta to split that was delicious for 13 Euros. I had a a fried fist platter that was very large and wonderful. It had calamari, shrimp, 3 kinds of fish plus sardines. I had a zuchini vegetable that was delicious. My colleague had a grilled tuna that they allowed to substitute for the 2 Euro difference price. He had tomato for a vegetable that was excellent. He loved the tuna. We had a glass of Pinot Grigio which was very good. There was a choice of deserts. I had a delicious warm chocolate cake. My friend had a pineapple tiramisu that he loved. The overall price ended up being 33 Euros per person including everything which was not inexpensive but was a good value for the quality of the food. Our hotel helped us find the street on a map. It is very close to the bridge on Ponte Sorto. The official name says Osteria but the sign over the door says Trattoria which confused us for a while. This place is well worth looking for it. It is about a 5-10 minute walk from the Rialto bridge.

Benicia, California
“Superb seafood, near Rialto”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Our hotel recommended this restaurant, and what a delight! We had been warned that there is a lot of mediocre food in Venice, but that wasn't our experience. What a lovely place! We were the only non-Italians/non-locals when we ate here. The fresh seafood is delicious, and the sides are amazing, especially the tomato dishes. It's a little hard to find--we had a map but still had to ask directions. Reasonably priced. Well worth the effort!!!

1 Thank redyoga
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Reasonably priced, comfortable and good food.”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This gem is very hard to find but worth the search. Small, apparently family run business.

We ordered seafood pesto sphaghetti (very flavourful - far better than my homemade pesto) and grilled bream. I was expecting a filet at the €13 price but was pleasantly surprised to receive a whole fish (very juicy, flaky). No cover charge!!!!!!

It is very clean and the decore is very cute. Their water glasses are Murano glass. It is a family run restaurant and the owner is very friendly.

Will go back if / when we return to Venizia.

Ponce, Puerto Rico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic find!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and I (he is Italian) stumbled across this restaurant while looking for another one specifically. Luckily, the one we were looking for was booked and we had the pleasure of eating here. The eggplant parmesaen was outstanding, although as an appetizer they gave me too much!! My husband had cioppino (fish soup) which he loved, and I had a fritto misto of fish. Lovely couple running the place and I promised her I would write a review. We go to Venice every year and I can't wait to return to this restaurant!

• Visited September 2013