Venice Hazel Guest House
$180
$524
$508
  • Room Service
Hotel Savoia & Jolanda(Venice)
$391
$174
$809
Londra Palace
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdorm roomsan marco squarecentral locationgelatohostelmicrowavecanaltaxisboat
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Excellent location (near S. Marcos square) and nice rooms, clean kitchen and bathrooms, etc. Nice crew! You can find cheap places to eat around the hostel (Actually, everywhere is near)
I was confused because of the name: Bed & Breakfast Venice Hazel and... there's no breakfast!

Room Tip: You have to pay 5€ for the bedsheet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RMD158
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed for five nights at the Venice Hazel this past Carnevale and I wish I was still there! I was in a five bed dorm with beautiful Persian carpets covering the wooden floors that led onto a terraced garden balcony; the room had it's own private bathroom as well, and it felt so homey and comfortable that it was hard to leave the room in the mornings. Large windows to let in the sunlight and soft, soft beds. I was traveling alone, and was a bit wary about staying in a mixed dorm, but my fears were unfounded. The staff at the Venice Hazel are courteous and helpful, the people I met were kind and respectful of each others space, and overall I had the best hostel experience of my life! Location wise, you can't beat this hostel. Mere minutes away from San Marco and from the water ferries that bring you to the nearby island of Murano. I wholeheartedly recommend this hostel! Don't look anywhere else if you are staying in Venice! The price can't be beat as well for all it has to offer.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank S T
Reviewed January 31, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Don't look anywhere else to stay. This place is perfect. I didn't think it was possible to be that clean but evidently it is! The persian staff are great, took us round venice and showed us where was good to go and even helped find places we wanted to go to. The rooms (ours even included a balcony at £20 a night!) are fantastic as well as the kitchen and lounge area. Simply great value for money. We stayed in a lot of hostels in our stay in Venice, but no one came close to this.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Steven S
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

The place is run by a really friendly host and is near to the famous attractions in Venice. The st Marks square, Rialto bridge which are about 10-12 minutes walk. There are shops and cafés surrounding this place.

We had a very private room down the hall way which was the only guest room and so the toilet outside of our room was very private and was like just for us to use.

Free wifi provided and the room was HUGE. It was just me and my husband but we felt we could fit another 2 more adults in the room. The most amazing thing about this room is it has a canal view ! Which was amazing . You can hear the sound of water in the evening and the morning .

In the morning, my husband and I put two chairs by the window and just enjoyed seeing the canal and the many gandolas passing by and waving at people. It was such a fun experience.

Definitely a must place stay!! Price is good and there is a kitchen for guests to use too as my husband and I made our own pasta that night for dinner. It was like staying in our very own place.

We really wished we could stay longer and enjoy the room more.

Highly recommended place!!!!!