“Best hostel ever!”

Ranked #220 of 468 Venice B&B and Inns
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Best hostel ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed for five nights at the Venice Hazel this past Carnevale and I wish I was still there! I was in a five bed dorm with beautiful Persian carpets covering the wooden floors that led onto a terraced garden balcony; the room had it's own private bathroom as well, and it felt so homey and comfortable that it was hard to leave the room in the mornings. Large windows to let in the sunlight and soft, soft beds. I was traveling alone, and was a bit wary about staying in a mixed dorm, but my fears were unfounded. The staff at the Venice Hazel are courteous and helpful, the people I met were kind and respectful of each others space, and overall I had the best hostel experience of my life! Location wise, you can't beat this hostel. Mere minutes away from San Marco and from the water ferries that bring you to the nearby island of Murano. I wholeheartedly recommend this hostel! Don't look anywhere else if you are staying in Venice! The price can't be beat as well for all it has to offer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank S T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Don't look anywhere else to stay. This place is perfect. I didn't think it was possible to be that clean but evidently it is! The persian staff are great, took us round venice and showed us where was good to go and even helped find places we wanted to go to. The rooms (ours even included a balcony at £20 a night!) are fantastic as well as the kitchen and lounge area. Simply great value for money. We stayed in a lot of hostels in our stay in Venice, but no one came close to this.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Steven S
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

The place is run by a really friendly host and is near to the famous attractions in Venice. The st Marks square, Rialto bridge which are about 10-12 minutes walk. There are shops and cafés surrounding this place.

We had a very private room down the hall way which was the only guest room and so the toilet outside of our room was very private and was like just for us to use.

Free wifi provided and the room was HUGE. It was just me and my husband but we felt we could fit another 2 more adults in the room. The most amazing thing about this room is it has a canal view ! Which was amazing . You can hear the sound of water in the evening and the morning .

In the morning, my husband and I put two chairs by the window and just enjoyed seeing the canal and the many gandolas passing by and waving at people. It was such a fun experience.

Definitely a must place stay!! Price is good and there is a kitchen for guests to use too as my husband and I made our own pasta that night for dinner. It was like staying in our very own place.

We really wished we could stay longer and enjoy the room more.

Highly recommended place!!!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank alijanst
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

The room we stayed in was at the end of the hall next to a bathroom. It was very quiet and we had a huge room and even through the bathroom was shared it felt like it was a private one. We had lots of windows that looked down a canal. The view was beautiful. I loved having use of a kitchen. They had everything I needed for cooking and clean up. The staff was very very nice. They did take cash only which I didn't like so much as it's a lot to carry around. The windows onto the canal were lovely but there was noise from passing boats very early. It was easy to find. Everything was very clean and a huge bonus was the bed was soft and comfy!! If we come back to Venice we will stay in the very same place. We went in early April 2013.

Room Tip: The room at the end of the hall by a bathroom is very big and beautiful.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

Went back in October (28th-30th) with a friend, and this place was great. Medi was super cool, circling all the places to check out on a map (and even labeled everything when I got confused, haha). Very nice and chill, and kinda cute ;)

Anytime we needed anything or had questions, they were very accommodating (explained transportation, allowed us to print, towels & sheets, etc.) :)

The entire hostel was SUPER clean, cozy, and colorful.

Even though a shared bathroom, it was super clean and had a great view!

No breakfast, but pretty great kitchen!

Great price, 112 euros for 2 nights. However, if you want to do luggage storage after you check out (if it's past 2 or 3pm I believe), you have to pay 3 euros.

FANTASTIC LOCATION. So close to everything.

Overall, great hostel for those on a budget, looking for cleanliness, perfect location, and great staff :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Despite the name, this is not a B&B, it's a hostel. But it's a nice little hostel. Finding things in Venice is hard enough, and this place is somewhat difficult to find initially, but it's in a very quiet location and only a short walk to Piazza San Marco and several of the water taxi routes.

I stayed in the co-ed communal room which had six beds. They've got lockers in the room, but not enough for everybody to have their own, so I had to store my stuff under the bed. They've also got a few lock boxes, but they aren't bolted down. That's pretty much it for the downsides. Linen rental was 10 euros, which is pretty standard for a hostel, and there's free wi-fi. There's a communal kitchen that is fully equipped, and two full bathrooms which I never had to wait on.

The staff was friendly, and they did full cleanings of the bathrooms and the kitchen everyday. I'd recommend this place if you're looking to do Venice on a tight budget and you don't mind sharing space.

Room Tip: Splurge for a private room if you can.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo