“Great Service, Lovely Room” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Corte Di Gabriela

Corte Di Gabriela
Ranked #7 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Great Service, Lovely Room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is a very special and wonderful place. My wife and I went here on our honeymoon. The staff and owners are very friendly and professional. The hotel is very small, an old converted house, but you feel like you are living in luxury.

I think the best part is the breakfast. So good, and a great addition to the hotel.

This place may seem pricy at first, but you will not be disappointed with the value that you receive.

Also use their knowledge of the local area to find the best restaurants. In the two days we were there we were not disappointed with anything they recommended. In addition they made reservations for us!

Room Tip: The Junior Suite with the round bed, above the entrance is a wonderful room. You will love the ceil...
4 Thank Jay K
Cortedigabriela, Proprietario at Corte Di Gabriela, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear guest ,
we thank you for your request. we are glad you enjoyed your stay and above all our breakfast.
we really hope to see you again
G.Botter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend took me to Venice as a surprise and I was absolutely amazed by Corte Di Gabriella! The room was huge and had a large circular bed (very comfy). The little details such as the home made biscuits and the name tag on the bathroom toiletries were also lovely.

Breakfast was the best I have ever had! There was a huge selection of cakes, pastries, breads, meat and fruit. You could also order pancakes or omelettes which were to die for!!!

Te staff were all extremely friendly and helpful especially as we had a late flight. My only negative is the fact that the weather wasn't warm enough to take advantage of the gorgeous courtyard!

Corte Di Gabriella definitely the best hotel I have ever stayed in and it made our trip to Venice extra special.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laura J
Dear guest,
thank you for the beautiful review and we hope to see you soon so that you can enjoy again your stay at Corte di gabriela.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

My experience of this hotel was maybe a little different from others as we actually didn't make our trip. Unfortunately our daughter was admitted to hospital just a few days earlier and we were unable to leave her. I had read all the glowing reviews about the hotel and its caring and helpful staff so felt I personally should ring and explain why we were having to cancel our trip at such short notice. I wish I hadn't bothered....the female receptionist who answered was very abrupt and rude, she didn't even ask for my name and told me I needed to contact Expedia. I assumed she must have already received notification from Expedia who I had made the hotel booking through and didn't want to get into any discussion about refunds or changing dates. All of which if she had listened wasn't what I was going to ask, I simply had phoned as a common courtesy....I already knew when I had booked the hotel that it was non-refundable. I really was upset about her uncaring and cold attitude especially when I had taken the time to phone from the hospital. Needless to say I wont be looking to book this hotel for our rearranged future trip

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
14 Thank Karen T
we read with amazement this review and we wonder how it could have been published!
we would like to clarify a few things: 1) the booking was made ​​through Expedia with a prepaid and non-refundable rate .( the word non-refundable says that it is not possible to refund ) 2) we have not yet received the cancellation of the reservation and also the balance of the stay as Expedia pays the hotel only at the check out of the guest. 3) you called the hotel on sunday the 27th of october at 21:00 (the night before check in) to ask for the refund of the total amount of your stay as you urgently needed the money for family reasons. I am the owner and i answered to the phone and without being rude and arrogant, as you say, I kindly invited you to contact expedia because we were not able to help you. Therefore we ask you to remove this review which is very offensive to me and to the staff of the hotel.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was a fantastic hotel! The staff were incredibly nice, helpful and polite. The room was amazing, beautiful, clean, with fantastic attention to detail. We couldn't have asked for me, expect maybe the opportunity to have stayed longer - we had the suite for one night only.

We did not use the restaurant or fitness centre (didn't know they had one) so cannot comment on those elements.

Room Tip: If you can, get the suite.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lorissimo
Cortedigabriela, Proprietario at Corte Di Gabriela, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear guest,
thank you for your request. we are glad you enjoyed your stay at Corte di Gabriela and that you appreciated our style. we hope to see you again
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel was the best of both worlds! Having been recently renovated, it was super modern with all the fixtures and technologies. Yet, it still had an old world charm and was so unique. The staff was extremely helpful and professional. The breakfast every morning was delicious and the breakfast lady was delightful. We loved the location. Quiet but still accessible to the Rialto Bridge and St Marks Square. Can't wait to get back to Venice, and would definitely stay here again.

2 Thank faboivin
Cortedigabriela, Proprietario at Corte Di Gabriela, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Mr. Boivin,
thank you very much for your review. We also wish to welcome you again.
Best regards
Sabina
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Very nice property, quiet, remodeled. Owners/staff were helpful with restaurant recommendations and the owner met us from the taxi and helped with the luggage .We loved every moment of our stay. I have gluten allergy and had plenty of options for breakfast. Thank you for making our stay special.

1 Thank lcherk
Cortedigabriela, Proprietario at Corte Di Gabriela, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you for your review, we are happy you did like our design and especially our breakfast.
Kind regards
G. Botter
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Our stay at the hotel was wonderful. The property is nice, clean and modern. Staff is very helpful and accommodating. While located on a quiet street, it is an easy to walk to central points or to a water taxi. Of note, the hotel is also reasonably priced for Venice. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
we thank you for the review, we are glad you enjoy your stay and wish to welcome you again.
Best regards