“Delizioso!!! Really, really, great stuff!!!”

Dal Moro's Fresh Pasta to Go
Ranked #26 of 1,466 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian, Fast Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Castello
Reviewed May 7, 2013

What an awesome place and we found it by accident! We were walking around shopping in Venice, when we stumbled upon it and realized it was the highly ranked TripAdvisor pick, so we stopped and got some fresh pasta. The owner was there and told us that they were making fresh spaghetti. He recommended two different preparations for us to try, so we took his advice. They have a small bar that could fit maybe 4 people, but the food is really meant as "take out", as seating is limited.

Here is my hot tip: We took our spaghetti, made a left out of Alfredo's and then we made the very next right, where there is an alley that dead ends into a Venetian canal. At the end of the alley, there are steps down into the water, which is a perfect to sit on and enjoy the passing gondolas, while eating amazing pasta. The authentic Italian owner, the delicious pasta, and the private waterfront seating, all added to a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend seeking out Alfredo's and taking some fresh made pasta to go! Ciao!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We loved this place, you can get a quick bite in Venice and the prices are really reasonable. Compared to other restaurants, the pasta here was better. The place is small and offers limited seating but the food and makes up for it.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I wasn't expecting to find great food in the tourist-flooded Venice, but this place really surprised me. I would even go so far as to say this is the best pasta I've ever had. The serving sizes are perfectly adequate, but I ordered another pasta because it was just so good (the friendly staff found this amusing).

Speaking of which, the staff is great. They deal with hordes of tourists every day but somehow manage to keep making amazing pasta while maintaining a great attitude. After I finished eating I asked them what is in their marinara sauce, and one guy laughed, pointed to the guy making the sauce, and said he'd never tell me. The guy making the sauce turned around and seemed very happy to hear I appreciated his sauce so much. He then gave me some tips on how to make a delicious sauce and was generally extremely friendly.

This is not a fancy sit-down place, by the way, which I think is great. The prices are also quite low (considering it is Venice) and they could charge a lot more for that quality pasta.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I followed trip advisor recommendations and I WASN’T disappointed! It was literally the best pasta I ever had!
The friendly atmosphere made me feel very comfortable. We have planned to eat in many different places, but after trying their pasta, we kept going back to eat there every day.
-Amazing fresh pasta
-Great price
-Generous portions
-Very friendly atmosphere

A must try! You won’t be disappointed!

1  Thank Arcobaloon
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This restaurant is very small. We never went at busy times (as we are too disorganised to eat at a sensible hour) and so were always lucky enough to get a stall at the counter.
The staff were very friendly and the food was really really good.
We went twice. The pasta is cooked al dente but you can ask to have a different way if you like.
A man asked for a dish without mushrooms and so they made it for him without.
They serve you 450lb portions and they offered us extra sauce when we had nearly finished.
The food is served in cartons and with plastic cutlery - all of which can be put in to the recycling bins at the end.
It is no more difficult to find than any other back street restaurant in Venice. Worth scouting out at least once.

1  Thank TwoRoflers