I booked a twin en suite to share with my adult daughter and a separate single room with shared facilities for my son.
The pictures looked great, but what a let-down!
4th floor, no lift, in separate building using key, so door was often left open with poor security. Dirty and ugly staircase with musty smell.
My son's room was fine, with benefit of small en suite.. but the twin room was very shabby, all old decoration, tatty wardrobe with an old towel left on upper shelf, a bathroom with disgusting shower, with exposed pipes and wiring and which smelt damp.... hot water depended on time of day.... bed covers really old, you knew they hadn't been cleaned in ages....
so the bed was ok with clean sheets...at least could sleep.
The main reception and breakfast area are modern and most of staff very helpful, charging phones etc for us...
Very poor standard for 3 year old building.. perhaps if we'd been in main buildling, with modern rooms, or at least refurbished like my son's room, then I'd have been happy, but the value for money was not good.
Concerned about location down long, narrow quiet street - would not have wanted to be on my own late at night.
Close location to station, water taxi from airport (30 euros return), other water taxis et
Venice is quiet after 11pm and difficult to find anywhere open to have a drink and relax after evening out. We visited first weekend of Venice film festival, very hot.
If I went back to Venice, would get at least a 4 start hotel and do my research better....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Book your room in a quiet 'Calle' of Venice placed only 100 meters from the railway station! You can reach the most important tourist attractions by feet, and you are in the middle of the city life too! Our hotel is a very intersting place to stay, since it gives the tourist the opportunity to visit the most beautiful city of the world without spendind a huge amount of money. Indeed our interest is to sell as more as we can by imposing fees which are competitive if compared to those of other venice Hotels. Our room are well furnished, they supply air conditioning, tv, telephone, restroom with shower or bath (private bathroom inside or ourside, or sharing bathroom on the floor) and hairdryer, balcony. They are distributed on four floors (without lift at the moment). We are now building the breakfast room, in order to make your holiday in Venice better and better (it should be ready during September). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Agli Artisti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alloggi Agli Artisti Venice
- Alloggi Agli Artisti Hotel Venice