“Don't go there”
Review of Hotel Agli Artisti

Hotel Agli Artisti
Ranked #319 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Great location for setting off on foot. Close to station & buses. On arrival, late at night, the receptionist kept us standing as he laboriously put our passport details into his computer. Not a smile, no word of welcome. Subsequent contact with other recetion staff was the same: grumpy, irritated at our presence. The breakfast was so dreadful it was almost funny. For a 3 star hotel the selection of food was minimal. The 2 girls there to "replenish" food and clear tables were determined to gossip the morning away in the kitchenette. Coffee, croissants, cutlery, plates - all ran out until a guest requested them. Then the girls reluctantly broke off from chatting to sullenly replace the item or clear a table to allow guests to sit down. This happened so frequently that it was a source of entertainment. Dreadful, shocking. Don't go there.

1  Thank Alison P
Agli_Artisti, Direttore vendite at Hotel Agli Artisti, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Alison,

thanks for your feedback. I apologize for the behaviour of our Staff, both the breakfast girls and the night attendant, as they are suppoosed to be polite and help our guests when they nee something, as in your case. Just one note: I don't think food selection is minimal, we have pkenty of sweet products (i.e. 6 kinds of croissant, jams, bread yogurth, cereals, etc. and much more).

There are newer reviews for Hotel Agli Artisti

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I would have never stayed here if it wasn't the first hotel of our two week tour of Italy. It is well known that staff in hotel and restaurants in Venice detest tourists, especially Americans. The young lady in the morning has an attitute, but the young man on the evening shift is rude, arrogant and lazy. To get a code to use the free wi-fi, all the lazy guy has to do is push a button on a machine like an adding machine. But, that is too much trouble. This guy will yell at you if you loose it. The code is only code for 24 hrs. I got one and used it for my iphone, but had so much mail I needed one for my ipad. The guy yelled at me "only one per person". I heard him yell at someone else from my group. Once my code wouldn't work so I asked for another. His response "I can't keep giving you codes, you need to pay attention". This guy gets off at 11 pm, at 10 pm his girlfriend comes in and they play kissy-face, rub-a-dub behind the desk, while I'm sending emails. Don't ask the girl in the breakfast room where the coffee cups are because she will smirk and point to an obsecure shelf. Speaking of breakfast, pretty discusting. I tried the cereal with the pitcher of milk sitting on the counter that was now room temperature, couldn't eat it. Nothing nice about this place period. The only thing going for it is it is around the corner from the train station (and they know it).
Basic TV channels. Lamps on the side of the bed, but not plugged in because there are no plugs. Had to move one to desk so I could see to put makeup on. Bathroom shower a cubicle with sliding doors. Note, you need to very slim, very slim to fit through the opening.

Room Tip: Pick something else
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sir,

thanks a lot for your review, actually I'm really disappointed of reading our night guy wasn't pleasent at all, and we already took some measures to improve his work, since we cannot accept he does not behave properly with our important guests (and you are all important).

Bathroom isn't so big, but I do not think it's as you describe it thought.

I really hope you can give us another chance in the future

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The first night, we did not have of bathroom in our room.
The second night, we changed room but we did not receive any compensation for the nuisance.
An effort should be carried out on the level of the breakfast

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank SergeVenice

Dear Serge,

thanks for your feed. Actually we did our best to give you a perfect service, but I do not remember your case as I thought you did not reserve a room with bathroom, but without therefore the first night was not possible

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We just returned from an overnight stay at this Venice hotel. We found the staff to be unfriendly, the rooms basic to hostel level and not very clean. We were told the rack rate was Euro 180.00, which is unbelievable for this level of accommodation in any country. I would not recommend this establishment to anyone, although we did learn GAP vacations uses it (?)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Hello Alan,

I do not understand why you are saying rooms are hostel level, as they are not. Anycase, we will put a bigger effort in cleaning, as I agree with you it's really important. Concerning the price, I think you can't judge it since every price depends according to the city and the period of the year you are travelling.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Very average I think for more than £100 a night. We arrived after travelling for five hours (plane, bus) Finally found the very confusing signs for the hotel and rang a bell to be greeted by the very rude night staff girl (long hair and glasses) who made no attempt to give us any hand with of bags or even show us to our room which I think for the price is rubbish. Every time we spoke to this girl throughout our stay she seemed very rude and unhelpful.

That all said the rooms were nice and the breakfast was to die for and I think if they sorted management it would be a good stay.

1  Thank Ed M

Ciao Ed,

thanks for your message. I'm really sorry for the bad service you got, and actually we already discussed about this matter to improve our service level. Therefore I'm pretty sure you won't suffer any problem in case you wish to come back here in the future

Reviewed April 30, 2013

If you are expecting a VERY BAD service hotel ONLY, then you can book this hotel. My friend and I have booked a room (requested for 2 single beds) for 2 nights (in Mar 2013). We informed the receptionist (few days before check-in date) that we would check in late in the evening. It was very cold, we carried luggage from train station to hotel. When we opened the hotel door, the receptionist stood and said “Hey we have some problem here and sorry that we have booked another hotel for you, the name of hotel is Florida”. During walking from train station to Alloggi actually we passed by Florida hotel, it was few steps away from Alloggi. It was cold and we were very tired, so we didn’t argue at all. We just agreed and quickly went to Florida. It was a quite old hotel, but the receptionist in Florida hotel was very friendly (he spoke very good English too!). We finally got a room key and went straight to the room. Fyi, we got to know the Florida's room was cheaper than what we paid for (Florida’s room is 100 EUR/2nights, we paid Alloggi for 134EUR/2nights). There, we went to the room and found the bed was French bed (super single bed). How could 2 persons sleep in this small bed? Few mins later, we got a phone call from Alloggi saying that “It’s a mistake, we should be in another hotel instead of this Florida. The hotel was at the other side of river, so we should cross over bridge. I was so angry that time (Had so many things to carry) and decided to stay in Florida instead. Had argument with Alloggi's guy for few mins until I managed to ask them to upgrade my room in Florida. Finally, we got queen size bed room and it was still cheaper than what we paid for! It was 120 EUR/2nights. I WILL NEVER EVER book this hotel again!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ratna C

Hello Madame,

I apologize for the trouble. Unfortunately, we got several rooms close from the local government and we got no permission to used them anymore, therefore we made our best to give you the best possible accommodation as close as possible to our hotel: we were informed in the morning we had no option to use 40% of our rooms, so it was really hard to cope with this matter.

I understand your point of view, but actually we had no chance of adjust your matter.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The location of this hotel is convenient to restaurants, shops and other attractions. The room was very small and my friend & I (part of a group of 13) were constantly tripping over each other. The step down from bathroom into bedroom seemed dangerous for those middle of the night treks from bathroom back to bedroom. The wifii connections rarely worked and one of the desk clerks was very cranky when we questioned him about it. Other staff members were friendly and helpful. Breakfasts were quite good with excellent cappucino.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Ciao Charlotte,

thanks for your mail. We ordered another internet line, the second one, to improve wifi speed. I'm not sure it will be eough, but it's gonna be a little improvement.