“Give your money to someone else.”
Review of Hotel Agli Artisti

Hotel Agli Artisti
Ranked #273 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Carlsbad, California
“Give your money to someone else.”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had an awful time. We booked two rooms, one for my wife and I for three nights, the other for my parents who were meeting us the next day for two nights.

Here is what happened.

Showed up at 9am train, was unable to check in before 12, understandable, but wait.
Showed up and sat in lobby from 11:30am until 12:30pm while everyone else was accommodated to and checked in early. The staff then enjoyed some coffee while we waiting for them to finish and then, finally check us in.

All three nights were ok for us. But as for my parents who are 60 and 65, the air conditioned was clearly broken and we were given the runaround.

This is what happened:

June 20th, 11:30PM Employee: Franco – Informed that there was NO AC – No action taken “Please speak tomorrow with manager.”

June 21st, 11:00AM Employee: Lalit – Informed us that they were calling the technician and that “We will have a fresh room upon our return.”

June 21st, 9:45PM Employee: Chiara – Walked with me to the room and verified that the AC was still not working. She walked outside to a AC utility station and said that the AC unit is “blocked.” Informed her that this was the second night and we check out tomorrow. She told me to talk to Lalit regarding price adjustments. Also confirmed that two other rooms #14 & #216 did not have AC either and were at the front desk informing them.

June 21st, 10:50PM Employee: Abdul – The room became hot, but Abdul was rude and told us to speak with the people in the morning.

June 22nd, 9:30AM Contacted Hotels.com and made a complaint. They attempted to contact the hotel but said there was no answer. I informed them I will try to get them to call when I checkout.

June 22nd, 10:00AM Checking out was a complete waste of time as Lalit said he fixed the AC. It was clearly not fixed. Whether he was lying or it was fixed while we were out, it was still non-operational during our stay. He asked for the city tax and I refused to give him another dime, this was NOT A SETTLEMENT for the non-operational AC and upon our exit, he informed us again he was going to make an adjustment with Hotels.com. However, I do not believe this based on his previous track record.

They basically ruined our stay in Venice. If you choose to stay here, be prepared to be smiled at with no action taken. And, any followups via email will be answered, but getting them on a phone call with Travelocity to verify any refunds will be IMPOSSIBLE.

Travelocity finally stepped up and granted the refund that the hotel was promising us, and like their other promises, were not followed through with.

Thank you Travelocity.

Breakfast was good, but not worth a rating a adjustment based on this headache.

To find out more locations we've been follow our Around The World Tour at http://chasethesummer.com

-Brad

Room Tip: Stay Away. Spend $10 more to a hotel that will treat you like a guest.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BradfordJBoyle
Agli_Artisti, Direttore vendite at Hotel Agli Artisti, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear Mr Brad,

I receive this new complaint/feedback (second on tripadvisor) from you, and it's almost incredible to read these things again, after we refund 66.00 euro for the trouble 1 room suffered the first night only, and after you wrote several mails to which I replied immediately, with a lot of kindness. Also, you treaten me to continue writing complaints (even if we solved the matter with the refund etc.), and you did it right now. It's really sad you don't have nothing better to do than wasting your time trying to damage our image, but I accept this new complaint and I think people with good sense will smile while reading your two reviews.

Everybody can read your previous feedback here, it's almost equal -> http://www.tripadvisor.it/ShowUserReviews-g187870-d324523-r132616224-Alloggi_Agli_Artisti-Venice_Veneto.html#UR132616224

I don't want to add anything else now, I just think now it's time to stop playing since you're not a teenager anymore.

Giacomo - Sales representive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Venice
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed 2 nights in this hotel, got a room in the 4th floor and there is no elevator.
WiFi costs 5,- EUR for 60 minutes
No fridge in the rooms
Breakfast was not good
=> For a price of more than 70 EUR per person and day we expected more comfort.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hello,

thanks for your feedback. Please be so king to inform us why breakfast was not so good, as we use only first choice products. COncerning the rest, I regret to inform you we do not advertise we have fridge in the room, also it's written we do not have lift at the moment and wifi is a pyment service, which can be free of charge if you reserve directly on our website. In my personal opinion, before you judge or complain, it would be more appropriate to check what you bought, because if this is equal to what it's written in your reservation you cannot complain about. I think on tripadvisor guests should evaluate, not writing about something they know it's not advertised.

Best regards, hope your further feedbacks will be more accurate (I read this one is the first) to let other hotels make good use of them.

Giacomo

Travelers are raving about these Venice hotels

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We have staid there for 4 nights in the middle of the Italian holiday season 2012. Nice and quiet hotel in a small narrow street (calle) near the train station and in walking distance from Piazzalle Roma. Service is good. Breakfast is avarage but limited. Coffee without taste of beans - not the usual Italian standard. Quit standard rooms close to all sightseeing in Venice. Resaonable prices.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Agli_Artisti, Direttore vendite at Hotel Agli Artisti, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Hello,

thanks for your nice review, I hope to welcome you in the future and to offer an improved service where we can do more than now

Regards

UK
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed here in 2009 but just realised that I neglected to review it. Was quite hard to find initially but once we found it, it was very well situated. No lift but the stairs were ok not too steep.

Breakfast was limited but good. For some reason they wouldn't put out all the croissants and then once they had run out you had to ask for them which was a bit random. Person on reception was very friendly and helpful.

Bathrooms were ok but a bit smelly if that makes sense. Could have been cleaner - but weren't unclean by any means. Our room was tiny but we weren't there to stay in the room anyway. Our air conditioning was fine but kept having probs with the hairdryer tripping the lights and kept having to turn the switch back on which was strange.

I would visit again. Am going back to venice again this year and the only reason that we aren't staying at this hotel is because we wanted to try staying in a different region of the city.

I'm quite surprised at some of the bad reviews. Think it's a bit harsh as Venice is very expensive generally and this hotel is pretty good value for money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Hello,

thanks for your review. I do agree with you: when several persons put review they don't know there must evaluate several factors, such as position, price, quality, city, season etc., and not just get angry because in another city they paid less. Anycase, thanks for your analysis, hope to see you again may be in 2015 :)

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I tried to ignore the whiny reviews and chose this hotel for the location - it's proximity to the train station. We were coming from Florence and back, so this was a huge plus. We got there early, checked in fine, receptionist was ok, had to wait for two hours to get to our room.

We were given the room on the 5th floor, and OMG what a climb! No lift, and it's a really good thing we traveled light, otherwise it would be a nightmare lugging your stuff up the winding stairs.

The room was decent, the bathroom was sparkling new. HOWEVER, the power was out, we couldn't turn on the a/c and for some weird reason, it was just only in our room where the power didn't work. It was boiling and the mosquitos were starting to enjoy themselves.

Different staff went in and out of the room trying to flip a switch. It was like watching an insane person - doing something repeatedly expecting different results. NADA. We wasted two hours. We were tired, hot and wanted to sleep. No apologies were given, nor water. Man, these people need to take a crash course in customer service.

So, we were told to go downstairs only to be told that we will be moved to the hotel across. We asked if it will be the same type of room with a/c (YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE YOU GET ONE IN JULY). They assured us it would be the same. But no, it was the worst hotel stay in my entire life. I hardly slept because mosquitoes feasted themselves on us, no a/c, the breakfast was dismal. It was such a downgrade from what we paid for.

I didn't assert then because we were tired and just wanted to sleep, but the hotel gave lame apologies and did not do anything to relieve us from the situation. What good are apologies for if it's too late? They could have let us have breakfast at their hotel instead of the pathetic one we had at the hotel across! What a downgrade! I hope this will never happen to any of you. I want my money back!

Room Tip: Try not to get the room on the 5th floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
England
Reviewed August 9, 2012

It is (almost) around the corner from the train station, which made me a little nervous at first due to the anticipated noise, however it was wonderfully quiet and calm, the alley was easy to find - a boon after stepping off the train at about 10pm.

We had booked a room with shared bathroom facilities, don't be put off by this is was quite pleasant - I certainly saw nothing untoward and the facilties were very clean at all times. The bedroom itself was spacious with plenty of room for our clothes etc, we had room to spread out. There was air conditioning and I found it easy to operate. The bed was large and comfortable - what more could you need?

Breakfast was great, there was a large choice of items, almost every wish was catered for - I'm sure some people will wish to disagree but I found it to be an excellent choice. The staff were always on-hand and were tremendously polite and helpful.

I found it's location to be perfect, I came to Venice to see the famous "sights" but also to get a "feel" for the normal day-to-day Venice and this was close enough to those quieter areas so it wasn't too far to walk and far enough away from the busier areas for me not to be fazed by them.

All in all a lovely hotel in a plesant area of Venice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marshypops
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Located very close to the train station and right next to a load of shops / restaurants, the hotel is very easy to find. A lot of people seem to comment that the hotel is in the perfect location and close to all the sights, but the truth is you can be anywhere on the main Venice island and be close to everything. You can walk across it in 30 minutes!

Rooms small and no frills. Include a free plug in Mosquito repellent with tablets which was a nice touch (and a necessity in Venice!) but otherwise completely standard. A bed, a towel, a wardrobe and that's about it.

Service was good. Always someone available if you need anything.

All in all, nothing special, but nothing exceptionally bad either. Fine for a short stay or if you're on a budget and you get a good price. Nothing worth seeking out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo