We had an awful time. We booked two rooms, one for my wife and I for three nights, the other for my parents who were meeting us the next day for two nights.
Here is what happened.
Showed up at 9am train, was unable to check in before 12, understandable, but wait.
Showed up and sat in lobby from 11:30am until 12:30pm while everyone else was accommodated to and checked in early. The staff then enjoyed some coffee while we waiting for them to finish and then, finally check us in.
All three nights were ok for us. But as for my parents who are 60 and 65, the air conditioned was clearly broken and we were given the runaround.
This is what happened:
June 20th, 11:30PM Employee: Franco – Informed that there was NO AC – No action taken “Please speak tomorrow with manager.”
June 21st, 11:00AM Employee: Lalit – Informed us that they were calling the technician and that “We will have a fresh room upon our return.”
June 21st, 9:45PM Employee: Chiara – Walked with me to the room and verified that the AC was still not working. She walked outside to a AC utility station and said that the AC unit is “blocked.” Informed her that this was the second night and we check out tomorrow. She told me to talk to Lalit regarding price adjustments. Also confirmed that two other rooms #14 & #216 did not have AC either and were at the front desk informing them.
June 21st, 10:50PM Employee: Abdul – The room became hot, but Abdul was rude and told us to speak with the people in the morning.
June 22nd, 9:30AM Contacted Hotels.com and made a complaint. They attempted to contact the hotel but said there was no answer. I informed them I will try to get them to call when I checkout.
June 22nd, 10:00AM Checking out was a complete waste of time as Lalit said he fixed the AC. It was clearly not fixed. Whether he was lying or it was fixed while we were out, it was still non-operational during our stay. He asked for the city tax and I refused to give him another dime, this was NOT A SETTLEMENT for the non-operational AC and upon our exit, he informed us again he was going to make an adjustment with Hotels.com. However, I do not believe this based on his previous track record.
They basically ruined our stay in Venice. If you choose to stay here, be prepared to be smiled at with no action taken. And, any followups via email will be answered, but getting them on a phone call with Travelocity to verify any refunds will be IMPOSSIBLE.
Travelocity finally stepped up and granted the refund that the hotel was promising us, and like their other promises, were not followed through with.
Thank you Travelocity.
Breakfast was good, but not worth a rating a adjustment based on this headache.
To find out more locations we've been follow our Around The World Tour at http://chasethesummer.com
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Book your room in a quiet 'Calle' of Venice placed only 100 meters from the railway station! You can reach the most important tourist attractions by feet, and you are in the middle of the city life too! Our hotel is a very intersting place to stay, since it gives the tourist the opportunity to visit the most beautiful city of the world without spendind a huge amount of money. Indeed our interest is to sell as more as we can by imposing fees which are competitive if compared to those of other venice Hotels. Our room are well furnished, they supply air conditioning, tv, telephone, restroom with shower or bath (private bathroom inside or ourside, or sharing bathroom on the floor) and hairdryer, balcony. They are distributed on four floors (without lift at the moment). We are now building the breakfast room, in order to make your holiday in Venice better and better (it should be ready during September). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Agli Artisti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alloggi Agli Artisti Venice
- Alloggi Agli Artisti Hotel Venice